The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

ZXstampie Reporting for Duty!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ZXstampie, 29 Jun 2012.

1. ZXstampie

ZXstampie Semi-Regular Gamer

PSN:
    ZXstampie
    Well hello there!

I am Ian, I am 36yrs old and live in Fareham, Hampshire with my much better half Nicky who I have been with for 10yrs. One day we will get around to getting married but we have both been there before there is no rush.
    I have 2 kids Lauren 17 and Mike 15, they live with their mum in Devon so I don't get to see them much.
    Currently I work as a general manager at a local company that distributes supplies to AV and TV stores and installers all over the UK, it's a small company with some big customers, so always keeps me busy.
    My main hobby other than gaming is motorsport, I watch pretty much all of it but I am mostly interested in the motorbikes. MotoGP, BSB, World Superbikes are all something I enjoy when not riding my own Kawasaki ZX6R (hence ZXstampie/nothing to do with the speccy).

I started gaming during my younger teen years when I was given a C64 for Christmas with a bundle load of games. I remember playing thing like Outrun, Paperboy, Jet Set Willy, International Karate etc.
    I then moved on the the Atari 520ST that was upgraded to 1040 and used with MIDI keyboards and a drum machine to make beautiful music! That was until I discovered Geoff Crammonds Formula One, that then took my life over... until I moved onto the PC.... Grand Prix 4 was the way to go, downloading car packs and upgrading stuff....Brilliant!
    Flight Simulator is another game that I was hooked on on the PC, I can still stick it on now an lose an evening flying from London to Paris with all my imaginary passengers behing me!

The PS3 was originally purchased for GT5 and F1 games, but since playing more and more online games I have drifted into the world of Battlefield.
    I also enjoy the latest F1 games, Uncharted, the GTA Series, Burnout, Grid, Shift.... You get my drift!

I game on the iPad too. I can never fail to be amazed at the things it can do, from smoothly running a game like Real Racing or Fifa12 to then becoming a DJ tool, then turning into a fully fledged music production unit that would have made my Atari ST self destruct!

Anyways, I like gaming and laughing so I would love to be an Ally here and hopefully make some friends.

Love to one and all...
    Stampie
    :)

2. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Hiya buddy :thumbup:

to anyone who's not familiar with mr stampie, he is the only person on battlefield with a set of tags that says how many "T" bags he's given (usually to me) :rofl:

I'm convinced that he's actually one of the tetley "tea folk" and that he is in fact "Gaffer"

3. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    Hello Stampie, my GT5 buddy. See you on the track soon.

Phil

4. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Alright Stampie dampie doo :D

5. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Eee By gum that was me as well! the memories are coming flooding back. Dont make em like they used to (thank god). Bet you had all those Microprose sims with the cardboard keyboard overlays? Brilliant they were, till the dog chewed them up, and you couldnt land anymore..... and the manuals, So fat and geekish I loved them.

6. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to our new community, ZXStampie!

So, you're into motorbikes? Turboslug over on OAPs is also into bikes if I recall, you ought to have a chinwag with him about it. Have you done any competitive motorcycling or is it just cruising the roads on your Kawasaki?

I hadn't realised that Jet Set Willy was also on the C64! I played it on the ZX Spectrum. I assume the C64 also had the wonderful coloured codes on a bit of paper that you had to input to play the game?

We've met a few times on BF3 (do you have Premium BTW? If so, what do you think, is it worth it?). I didn't know you had Uncharted. Why not join the regulars on UC3 on a Tuesday night? It's a great laugh, we have plenty of fun.

Have you gamed with Acegadgets? He's our very own Stig on Senior Gamers. Though some say it's less Stig the driver and more Stig of the Dump. :lol:

7. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Hi stampie, I play GT5 with you on Sundays now and again, and I'm sure you have killed me numerous times on BF3 :cry: why does everyone pick on me. I'll see you online buddy.

8. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Stampie. I really must dust off my copy of GT5. Its shameful as Ive hardly played it.

Have you played the latest Microsoft Flight? All for free too. Not too bad actually, but it has a more arcadey accessible feel to it. Very good though.

Hope to see you in a game soon.

9. ZXstampie

PSN:
    ZXstampie
    Thanks for the replys guys, am I allowed to be turned Kawasaki Green yet? :mrgreen:

10. ZXstampie

PSN:
    ZXstampie
    I haven't even heard of this Slane, where can I get/play it??

11. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    You can get it from here. If youve got a Windows Live id linked to your 360 too, you can earn cross platform achievements :thumbup:

As I said, it eases you really gently in to the game, and the controls get more complicated by each mission. Good fun and reminds me of the Flight Simulators of yore :grandpa:

12. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    I've now added you to the Allies group. :)

Do let me know about Premium on BF3, if you have it and what you think. I've held off so far and I'm seeking opinions before I commit or not.

Also as I said, if you have Uncharted 3 do jump on on a Tuesday evening as a few regulars can be found playing together.

13. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    Yes you have, like me and my car.

14. ZXstampie

PSN:
    ZXstampie
    Ooooooo - Now I'm green - thanks Martok!

BF3 Premium, I'd say if you love the game anyway the you'll love Premium.
    Most peeps will know that I am a very long way from being good at FPS games, therefore I need other things to do other than shooting peeps to get points. The 1st Premium map "Close Quarters" is very COD, loads of action, players everywhere so for me a very bad K/D ratio but hey who really cares. In conquest there are still 4 capture points and due to the small nature of the map you can get good points by playing the objective.
    I am looking forward to "Armored Kill" as thats gonna have a nice big map where I can hide and wait for Rog to come wombling past, then get his tags!

15. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Hey Ally :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice