The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Zeroflip saying Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by zeroflip, 9 Jan 2013.

1. zeroflip

zeroflip Casual Gamer

PSN:
    zeroflip
    Hello all Seniors!! I have just discovered your existence! I must have been hiding under a large rock somewhere as I am currently a member of OAPs but due to long and boring personal circumstances that I won't bore you with, I haven't been active for some time. PLUS...Skyrim was released. As a long time fan of The Elder Scrolls series, I have been tragically caught up in this game to the point of ignoring all other games. I game on the PS3 and sadly, Bethesda have been really naughty and only released DLC for the XBOX and PC. Eventually I have been forced to communicate with the outside world again and the Skyrim bubble has burst for me. When I logged back into OAP towers I discovered it had all changed. Its like emerging from hibernation!!!! ;)

Herman (a SNR member I think??) pointed me in this direction so I thought I'd drop in and say hi. I've been gaming ever since I can remember in one form or another and some of my favourite gaming memories are with folks who are now SNRs. When I joined OAP in 2008 I had just had my 2nd child and I didn't get online to game with others as much as I might have liked. My husband, Citalia did though and I recall lying on the sofa at night watching him shoot many of you in Killzone matches, or COD matches. Such fun!! I do miss all that.

Other gaming info = asides from being geeky to the point of ridiculousness about The Elder Scrolls, I do play other games on my playstation. RPGs are my fav but I am not ashamed to admit I enjoy a bit of brainless COD and Killzone. I'm a rubbish shot though to be honest. I live in Perth, Scotland with my husband, a black labrardor and 2 small children and work part time as manager of library services here in bonny Perthshire. I like climbing mountains and camping and going to festivals and anything to do with metal and rock music. About to embark upon Transit Van Conversion despite minimal mechanical skills (could be a disaster.)

I hope I have actually covered the stuff I am supposed to in the intro section?!?!?! I would like to apply for Ally status just now???? I think thats right??? As in...I am a friend of SNRs?? I am obviously still a member of OAPs at the moment but I would like to keep in touch with former members of that group as much as possible.

Let me know if I have missed anything?? My this is boring!!

Bye for now

ZF

2. GusGorman

GusGorman Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    GusGorman
    Hi Zero

Nice to see you again :)

3. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to our website, zeroflip. :)

I remember you from OAP, as do quite a few others here and you'll have seen several of our posts on Facebook this afternoon.

Good intro BTW. :thumbup:

So, you've been hiding away playing Skyrim? HaloJ & I have just picked that up again after a break from it. Enjoying it again but there's so much to do! It is a shame that we've not had the DLC that the PC and 360 have had. I did read this though:

'Skyrim' PS3 DLCs 'Dragonborn' and 'Dawnguard' In The Works

I'm not holding my breath but there's still hope I guess.

I've made you an Ally (friend of SNR) as you requested, especially as several of us already know you and have gamed with you in the past. Your name has now turned green and you'll have access to a few more forums. We have a few more forums beyond this and a chat system, though these are reserved for full members, along with the lovely [SNR] tags to use online.

Please feel free to join in (or even start) conversations and our forums and you're more than welcome to join in our Events.

See you online soon. :D

4. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Ah Zeroflip, a long time since I've played with either you or Citalia. I try to stay away from the RPG's, just too damn addictive. I am rubbish at COD and Killzone, prefering to plat Battlefield and FAR Cry 3, which i'm a bit better at.
    Also into a few racing game. Didn't Citalia used to do a bit of online racing?

5. zeroflip

zeroflip Casual Gamer

PSN:
    zeroflip
    Thanks very much for the prompt Ally status. I will have a proper look this evening once the ankle snappers are in bed! Acegadgets!! Long time no game! Citalia was never one for the driving games but almost everything else he can turn a hand to. Well....slightly shakey hand it has to be said as he isn't getting any younger to be fair! He has a new job and spends half his life in Portsmouth so gaming time is minimal. Anyway, nice to find you guys. Hope to keep in touch and maybe see you online soon :)

Zero

p.s. Zero was the name of our previous black lab who sadly passed away in april last year :( Never thought I'd feel so upset about an animal dying. Very sad. We now have a new mutt called Murphy. also a black lab but I can't change my gaming name. So Its a fitting tribute I am known as Zero online!!! Gone but never forgotten :)

6. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Zeroflip, glad you decided to pop over :thumbup:

Top banana is Zeroflip, and one of the nicest people you could meet.

Make sure you keep visiting us, and dont be a stranger.

Oh by the way, just finished the latest Skyrim DLC Dragonborn. I'd love to tell you it was crap, but I'd be lying. Its absolutely awesome and the best DLC by far!!! Flying a dragon was a bit of a let down, as you dont really have much control and you are confined to the local area. Sorry had to rub it in!! :lol: ;)

7. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Cooey! Hello :wave:

8. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Hi zero I'm sure your on my fl from a while back. Glad to see another familiar face from our old nest. I'm currently into Far Cry 3 and every Thursday we play BF3 (I'm on when I can). I was unaware you were a female until reading your above post, not that it's a problem :D oh well. I loved Skyrim but the fact they basically stopped supporting it on the ps3 (not by there own as the ps3 is a pig to work with) loved it and would have kept playing if I didn't have so many unfinishable (<-- is that actually a word or have I just made it up) quests.

So what are you currently playing or have to play?

9. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Hiya Zero, good to see you're still up and about. Give my regards to your hubby and hopefully we'll catch up online sometime soon.

10. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Hey Zero, I removed you from my friends list when I removed the rest of the OAP's as we went through a phase where some of them were making our gaming lives very difficult so I just chopped the lot. It's lovely to hear from you and i'd be honoured to have you back on my friends list.

I'm currently only really playing Battlefield 3 though, but would be great to get a game in with you again at some point.

11. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Hello Zero! Your transit van conversion sounds interesting. Are you going to keep a photo/video diary of the progress? I keep eyeing up the VW Transporters (Would love a pink or orange one!) but I have a van already. Not converted but you can sleep in it and with the sliding side door open cook in it without fear of imminent death. I already have 5 tents of varying sizes as well so no real excuse to buy a transporter.

12. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Alien Chick and her Hubby Daytime shark did up a van and went touring in in. They came up to Northumbria, didn't visit me though. Last seen in Berlin.

13. zeroflip

zeroflip Casual Gamer

PSN:
    zeroflip
    Thanks for all the lovely messages guys. Its great to catch up.

Slaine, I am very jealous of your Dragonborn joy! I heard mixed reports. Some saying it was superb and others disappointed. I doubt I could find it disappointing. The lack of DLC for PS3 has been really poor but I still love the game itself. I didn't hold out much hope for flying dragons anyway! My gameplay on PS3 was fine but I haven't been able to complete thieves guild trophy as the quest chain is truly shafted and I can't find the will to start a new game just to complete it. You never know, I may eventually! so I am just shy of a platinum for it. I don't know why, but this really irritates me!! Out of interest, I admin a facebook Skyrim group called Skyrim PS3. Does this cause any problems being a member here in the future?? Just checking!

Spruijt - hello! I will say hi to citalia and he may venture back online for some games. Between my hogging the PS3 to play Skyrim and our using it to stream various TV series he hasn't been playing many matches for a long time. I think he misses the action!

ColSonders! No problem about friends list removal at all. I am almost impossible to offend! I'll send you a friends request shortly :) I am always grateful for advice you gave me about completing some special ops maps that I was finding impossible. STILL didn't get 3 stars for wetwork which annoys me as much as lack of skyrim platinum. Its that bloody room at the end. You get all the way through to it and then I screw it up at last minute. Grrrrrrr...

Plaxinator - I really should do a blog or something actually! VW transporter is just too small for us sadly. Citalia is 6'4" and I'm 5'9"!! Theres nothing worse than not being able to stretch out your leggies in your bed at night! what kind of van do you have?? I collect tents. I can't seem to help myself. I have 5 at the moment. I always find a reason to buy another one.

ace - did they?! I will have to quiz her about it! I can't wait to get started on it. I just need a cool name for it....hmmm....

Anyhoo - lovely to chat. Oh...someone asked which games I am currently playing...mainly still Skyrim (I did warn you I am really tragic in that department,) I picked up Kingdoms of Amalur and played that and it was okayyyyy 5/10? Lots of Lego LOTR with the kids as they got it for crimble. I very recently picked up Assassins Creed series and aim to get started on that soon. I also really want to try Far cry 3. AND! Returning to Fallout 3 because I started the game and dropped it for some unknown reason so it will be like a new game for me.

Man I can waffle on...

14. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    If you ever decide to go for full membership, this would be no problem whatsoever. :) We don't have any problems with folks being members of other gaming communities. Our only prerequisites for full membership are that folk play a game or two with us online first with comms (which some of us have done with you already in the past) and that in online games folk fly the [SNR] tags rather than those of another community.

As for your Skyrim group, they are also more than welcome to pop over here and say hello too. We're open to chat on pretty much any PS3 game and we also chat about other platforms and PC games too.

Damn, you've mentioned Fallout 3 and reminded me that I've not finished that. Must pull it out and play it again soon...

15. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Fallout 3 to me was Oblivion/Skyrim but in a nuclear holocaust. It pretty much mirrors both of those games, especially the death animations in the latest Skyrim patch. I loved Fallout to bits, and the New Vegas game too.

Oddly enough I got stung by the Thieves Guild quests too. Theres someone I need to meet who is just not appearing where hes supposed to. Still Im not going to beat myself up too much about it. Ive got 91% (68 out of a total 75 achievements) for Skyrim, so I dont think Ive done too bad. Im currently level 78, and Ive maxed out the Vampire Lord (just need to max out my Werewolf abilities too).

Definitely one of the best games Ive ever played. If you're hungry for more then I cant recommend Two Worlds 2 enough. Some of the dialogue and story is really cheesy, but as a game it is absolutely beautiful. The enviroments are stunning, as is the characters and effects. And its got the best crafting system Ive ever seen in an RPG. Plus (even better) there is a multiplayer campaign to tackle too. Ive only played the 360 version, so I cant comment on the PS3 version, but check it out when you can finally put Skyrim to bed.

And never say never with the DLC. I read somewhere the other day that Dragonborn, Hearthfire and Dawnguard may still make it to the PS3.

16. zeroflip

zeroflip Casual Gamer

PSN:
    zeroflip
    Hey Slaine - just checked out Two Worlds 2. It looks right up my alleyway. Also, I quite like a bit of cheesypie. I have ordered it. I'll let you know how I get on. as for putting Skyrim to bed?! WHAT>?! Like I would ever do that?!

Catch you later
    Zero

17. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    Belated hola Zeroflip. How is the snow in Perth today?
    I've seem some pictures of Blairgowrie from this morning - was sorely tempted to go out on the 'board!

18. zeroflip

zeroflip Casual Gamer

PSN:
    zeroflip
    Blairgowrie?! Thats just up the road from me! Its been snowing in Perth almost the whole day but its not lying. Phew. I love snow to look at. And when I don''t have to work. But it makes life a pain the ass to be honest!

19. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    Hi Zero, welcome to the green side of SNR

20. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    I know! My partner in crime used to stay up there & i'd bomb up in my wee van from Edinburgh.
    Sadly, he's in London now so I'm working with somebody a bit more local now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice