• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Zen Pinball 2

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
ooooh fantastic four, like that idea.

Wish we had some DC tables, superman or batman might be good fun, even wonder woman.

Tesla is okay but it takes forever to build a score, endless whizzing the ball around to not much result. El dorado is good fun though, but all the original tables seem lacking after the second wave of zen pinball tables like earth defence, Mars etc.

Epic quest is nice to play too, recently got that one, suitably silly. I also think supernatural isnt bad, has some neat touches.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
yinkin said:
Acegadgets said:
Tried this pinball malarky and didnt really like it. Couldn't find the zoom in button. Ended up with no headshots infact no kills whatsoever and then the time ran out and they wanted money off me to continue.
You sure you weren`t playing battlefield, because it sounds a lot like battlefield.
:rofl:

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Tesla is similar to Ironman in it being difficult to score on. I'd love some DC tables as well but unlikely to happen with Marvel swinging it's weight around so much.

There are a few key aspects to Tesla scoring. Hitting the skill shot is a must as that instantly gives you x2 rather than having to get 100,000 on the bumpers in one go to raise the multiplier.

Easy points can be earnt by doing things quickly, for example after hitting both money targets get the ball up the money ramp and then once it's back in play quickly get it into the hole by the bumpers before making a skill shot to collect the points. I think my best on that was about 900,000. The other is dropping the targets on the upper playfield which can net you an easy 500,000 or 600,000 if done in the lowest number of flips.

After that there's a few items that take a bit more skill. Hitting each Y ramp twice in quick succession starts frenzy multiball. This is easier said than done though and the time limit is the length of time that little jet of steam exists that comes out of the valve either side of the ramp's entrances. Once in frenzy to unlock it's big score you must hit the drop targets in front of the bumper to open the way to the lab then make a successful lab shot. Not easy with 3 balls in play but you can always drop one to make the table less cluttered. Finally just activating and doing the missions nets 5,000,000 each completion plus the above mentioned drop target score.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Got my first score over 100 million on plants versus zombies, took bloody ages, was supposed to be meeting my mate online and the game wouldnt end, just kept going, thankfully was only a little late.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Did you know that you can quit and restart a previous game?

Also for those who bought Fantastic Four on Marvel Pinball it is now available to play in Zen Pinball 2 after being fixed. It's a shame that they've still not patched the motion control nudging system though. I felt very proud yesterday when Jess did a nudge pass to get the ball on the other flipper for a specific shot. :D

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
After having a good session on all the others tables I've been back concentrating on Blade once more.

Finally managed to get all the requirements complete for the DRACULA wizard mode which was litterally scoring 2 million every ramp/whole that was hit. Crumbled on the last ball at 144 million so I've still not got that elusive 150mil trophy. Maybe I should buy the Plants Vs Zombies table as that seems so broken and easy to ramp up ridiculous scores on. Tried a few more times on Blade but only managed to get to 140mil but have completed the requirements now on more than one occasion.
:woot:

That's the first wizard mode unlock for any of the tables that I own. I've been close on a few occasions and happy that I've finally achieved it.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Halo my other half (BroadmoorPatient) has been on P vs Z again the last couple of days and she thinks they haved changed it so its harder. Also Tesla has a patch 4 it apparently.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah they did make it harder in the recent patch. Apparently a lot harder to get the ball saves and kickbacks active now on PvZ. It's now 10 orbit shots per kickback then another ten with both kickbacks lit to get the ballsave. Also you no longer start with the kickbacks active. They also increased the hit counter for "you've got mail" to 3 hits per light; 14 in total.

Overall the extra ball count has been lowered to 5 in total rather than a per ball limit. Also the nudge count has been lowered with it now at two warnings before being slapped and the timeout for a nudge warning is much longer. Although apparently the nudge count isn't strictly consistent across all tables.

I've not noticed any difficulty changes with Tesla although I've hardly played it since the patch. Always a favourite but I've been working on other tables where people (Yinkin) keep beating my scores. :D

Managed to get to stage two of the Blade wizard mode now. You've got to work really fast on target hits to get there before your energy is sapped by Dracula although each hit gives you a small amount of energy back.

EDIT : Still wish they'd lower the sensitivity of the motion sensor nudge some more as the only way to play with it on is to sit perfectly still. :1thumbdown:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Star Wars tables coming soon get your wallets and purses ready :)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
High Five on the video slain :)

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
how on earth do you lot get those massive high scores that you've got.. Pulling my hair out trying to get near them

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
farfromsane said:
how on earth do you lot get those massive high scores that you've got.. Pulling my hair out trying to get near them
At one point there was a somewhat competitive environment on Zen pinball, it kind of pushed scores way up, I amongst others was playing a lot of pinball. In my defence I will just say that it was all Halos fault, if she had left my scores alone none of this would have happened.

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
yinkin said:
At one point there was a somewhat competitive environment on Zen pinball, it kind of pushed scores way up, I amongst others was playing a lot of pinball. In my defence I will just say that it was all Halos fault, if she had left my scores alone none of this would have happened.
That's no excuse :P do you know how many hours i've wasted trying to get a good score? to bloody many :crazy: :lol:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think today is the day....

In a galaxy far far away....

Star Wars Tables ;)

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So, I've not been playing as much as I used to but thought I'd just have a "quick" game this evening. I notice a few of you have been playing in my absence as there were quite a few scores creeping up to or just past mine. I did chuckle at Mick's missing beating my score on V12 by 400 points. :1thumbup:

Anyway the "quick" game on Tesla lasted for 50 minutes. I smashed my prior high score by a long way netting a cool 30 million. :woot:

Sane : for highscores the main thing to bear in mind is ball control. Don't just crack it when it gets near the flipper. Let it bounce off the end of one to roll up the other, cradle it then make a controlled shot. Also learn where the ball save is and how to activate any kickbacks. Don't double flip as that's a sure way to just drain the ball. If there are difficult shots that drain the ball if missed don't take them unless the ballsave is active. Um what else, oh yeah, read the table guides for each table as they go a long way describing how to get high scores.

Abs

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks will have a look when im next on :)

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Anyone that plays this if you have space on your friends list add my other half she is always going on about not having many on her list.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
mick said:
Anyone that plays this if you have space on your friends list add my other half she is always going on about not having many on her list.
For the record her PSN ID is BroadmoorPatient and she's good. :1thumbup: I notice she pipped me on Shaman whilst I was on my sabbatical.