• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Zen Pinball 2

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think the extra tables are really well priced, £1.99 for a new table means you can afford them, nice little occasional treat when you fancy something new.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
£7.99 for the sets of 4, and as you said £1.99 for the old single tables :) great price worth every penny.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Did you know that Zen Pinball has two sets of trophies for the PS3 & Vita!! And they seem separate as well, so potentially I should be able to double what Ive got already. Right Im going to try when the wifes soaps are on!! :mrgreen:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yup the trophies dont sync and are separate. Ive doubled the trophies I earnt.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Some good scores coming though. Top work to Yinkin on Tesla! Whilst that table is easier now due to the ease of setting the ball save it's still a goit to score on unless you complete the missions as multiplier up is tad too random.

I'm not sure but I may be finding Ironman easier as well as I managed to complete the Stark missions and get the trophy, something I never achieved on Marvel pinball.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
probably my all time, didnt expect to have a game like that it just sort of went on and on. Still cant get much of a score on V12 and I think Halos` score on Blade is unassailable. Some tables seem easier with the new ball physics and some seem harder, getting the `element` thingys on shaman seems harder now for example.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean. I used to hit the skill shot on Ghost Rider every time, now I miss it more often than not. Still not got the 2 million skill shot on El Dorado either.

Blade I was regularly hitting 30M that new score though I was rocking. Got daywalker, UV and Hanibal multiball. I had all 4 talismans, had sunk all the darkhold items, a regular score multiplyer and only had one mission left to beat Frost. On top of that I'd cleared a few cities and also shut down a couple of dens. I like the complexity of the table. During the day you kit up and grab the talismans one of which is a permanent doubling of any table objects score the other is half price shop items. Night it's about the missions, clearing dens/cities. An easy extra ball can be gained by dropping all the darkhold targets on the upper playfield. If you've too much energy making day time go too fast for to setup then start a mission against frost, katana I believe has a timer which runs it down. Also hold the plunger makes the day night cycle speed up.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HaloJ said:
Yeah I know what you mean. I used to hit the skill shot on Ghost Rider every time, now I miss it more often than not. Still not got the 2 million skill shot on El Dorado either.

Blade I was regularly hitting 30M that new score though I was rocking. Got daywalker, UV and Hanibal multiball. I had all 4 talismans, had sunk all the darkhold items, a regular score multiplyer and only had one mission left to beat Frost. On top of that I'd cleared a few cities and also shut down a couple of dens. I like the complexity of the table. During the day you kit up and grab the talismans one of which is a permanent doubling of any table objects score the other is half price shop items. Night it's about the missions, clearing dens/cities. An easy extra ball can be gained by dropping all the darkhold targets on the upper playfield. If you've too much energy making day time go too fast for to setup then start a mission against frost, katana I believe has a timer which runs it down. Also hold the plunger makes the day night cycle speed up.
Me, i just try and keep the ball on the table. :roll:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just got a sweet score on fear itself, not as good as rusty but close :)

Goona buy more tables should I get

Vengeance and virtue:
Ghost Rider
X-men
Thor
Blade

Marvel Pinball Original:
Spiderman
Wolverine
Iron Man
Blade

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Vengeance and Virtue is : Ghost Rider, X-Men, Thor and Moon Knight.
A good pack with the weakest being Moon Knight I feel.

Marvel Original
Spidey and Blade are superb. I can leave Wolverine and Iron Man is a punishing monster but a table I actually enjoy.

If you haven't played the original Zen Tables then Tesla and El Dorado are great. Although I'm not sure they come in a 4 pack. With the choices you've given.... there's more competition on the original marvel tables as they are more commonly owned so I'd recommend that.

EDIT : Oh and Captain America rocks :D

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So original marvel and capin azmericaz :lol: might get then later and try and get my partner into it ;)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
While buying the tables I clicked on the full Jet set radio rather then the trial :-\ let's hope it's worth £5.50 as I know Sony won't give me a refund

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I like the plant versus zombies table, although its a bit sickeningly cute, and I like the mars one, but its a bit too easy now in some ways with the new physics.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
yinkin said:
I like the plant versus zombies table, although its a bit sickeningly cute, and I like the mars one, but its a bit too easy now in some ways with the new physics.
The too easy complaint has been voiced a few times on the Zen forums. Already with ZP2 they introduced a max extra ball limit of 5 across all tables as some tables had the ability to gain 2 extra balls per main ball making for silly long games. It is being discussed about also limiting the number of ball saves and kick backs. Tesla could benefit from this as the ball save is far too easy to activate compared to how the table originally played on ZP1. Although that said other tables have got harder; Ironman is even more of a shit than it was on Marvel Pinball and V12 has got more difficult as well.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Tried this pinball malarky and didnt really like it. Couldn't find the zoom in button. Ended up with no headshots infact no kills whatsoever and then the time ran out and they wanted money off me to continue.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You're so funny, are you going to be on battlefield 3 tonight

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Acegadgets said:
Tried this pinball malarky and didnt really like it. Couldn't find the zoom in button. Ended up with no headshots infact no kills whatsoever and then the time ran out and they wanted money off me to continue.
You sure you weren`t playing battlefield, because it sounds a lot like battlefield.

:shh: I`m slowly creeping up on your pinball scores

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I noticed that you'd pulled a blinder and got Spiderman back after I managed to set the bar higher! :D I've had a few more pops at Tesla trying to complete the experiments but I always have trouble with the second one, hitting both Y ramps once then the dynamo ramp within the time limit.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Got to keep you on your toes. Must say i think the ghost rider et al set of tables is better than both the original zen pinball and marvel pinball tables, seem more interesting and a little smoother to play.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah, Blade is great and Ghost Rider as well. Best two tables for me in the original mix are El Dorado and Tesla. Captain America is a good table as well. Ironman as you've discovered is an utter goit. We should see the Fantastic Four being released soon once it's fixed and apparently there's another Marvel table about to be announced at the Comic Con around October the 13th.