1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Zen Pinball 2

Discussion in 'PlayStation Hardware & Other Games' started by HaloJ, 8 Aug 2012.

1. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Finally Zen Pinball 2 has it's official PS3 release date!

It will be released on September the 4th. :clap:

Zen Pinball 2 is a combining of both Zen Pinball and Marvell Pinball on the PS3 with a better ball physics engine. Every table including those not owned will be able to be play tested. Any tables owned prior to the launch of ZP2 will be available to play fully on ZP2. As I understand it the Fantastic Four table is not going to be available for those who have it upon launch but will be released shortly afterwards.

Another great feature of ZP2 is that any tables owned on the PS3 will be fully playable on the Vita version and vice versa.

In some additional news a PopCap inspired table is to be launched on the same day. :thumbup:

I have been excitedly waiting for this news. :clap: :lol: :crazy:

2. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I tweeted you about this feels like I wasted my money on pinball arcade :(

But still getting this :)

3. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    I missed the tweet but I did see the official announcement by Zen Studios on Facebook. :thumbup:

So excited that I posted an SNR blog post about it. :D

EDIT : You must have tweeted me just after I saw the news and was making this and the blog post. Thanks for the thought.

4. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    More news for the imminent release of Zen Pinball 2. They revealed the PopCap table this morning and as speculated it is indeed going to be a Plants vs Zombies table.

The table itself is very fantasy with zombies walking down it and other such although personally I'm more of a fan of classic pinball rather than unreal simulations. The table itself will feature a fogging effect during the attack cycle similar to the classic tower defence Plants vs Zombies. The day time phase is when you collect money and sun to setup the defences to keep the zombies at bay and apparently there's a melon chucker on the table as well.

5. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Saw this yesterday can't wait its out soooooo soon lol

6. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    I've a sneaky suspicion we're not going to see the release today but tomorrow due to the PS Store update being Wednesday not Tuesday. :(

7. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Armoured kill came on today so fingers crossed ;)

8. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Got Zen Pinball 2 for the Vita and its free!!! You get 4 tables for nowt, and you can download trial versions of the others. Best of all it unlocks on the PS3 too.

Thank you Sony

9. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Yeah, it's great and very well put together. I'm going to make a post for the blog this evening. There's a lot of changes, some good, some not so but the overall package is very solid and plays well. If you've never owned the prior titles then each table can be played as a time limited demo. If you've owned Zen Pinball 1 or Marvel Pinball all the tables owned for those two titles will be fully available to play on ZP2.

Scores have not carried over from the prior titles but I'll make sure I set something close tp them so that you all have a challenge. Starting with Blade. ;)

10. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    What 4 tables do you get free? I can see me spending a lot of cash on this game.

11. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    No tables are free. I downloaded Zen Pinball on its own and all tables were trials only. They only became full tables when I imported the tables I had previously got for free from PS Plus (Marvel Pinball 4 tables) and others that either I or HaloJ had bought.

12. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Oh I was thinking more about Slains post about getting free tables. Slaine do you already have Zen games?

13. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Only the Marvel ones. I realised afterwards that the Marvel tables were part of the PS+ freebies, but my son reckons they were given free to start you off.

Either way I notice theres no expiry date like there is on the Marvel Pinball game. I'll be curious to see if these tables somehow become unavailable after 15th Sept (when my PS+ subscription runs out).

14. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Will see later when I finally get on my ps3 :)

15. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    First impressions published on the front page and tweeted at zen_studios. :?

16. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    Very nice it is too, I like the bright new look and the design is less clunky than it was. I like the proscore feature though it is a bit of a gimmick. Last night I played all the tables I owned just to post some scores and I got a few new medals which was nice. Some tables seem easier now and others seem harder but I cant really put my finger on what has changed. Will have to get some of the new tables when funds allow.

17. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I just got the Avenger table set as I didn't get the previous tables, i like it, but need more practise though, It's sad that far sight took so long to release tables in the EU there's 4 sets in the US for Pinball Arcade and non in the UK :-\

ZEN wipes the floor with Pinball Arcade and I just feel like I have wasted £8 but in the end its only a couple of pints ;)

18. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Yinkin it's the new physics engine. The ball reacts more like you'd expect it to and feels like it has more weight to it. Especially transitioning ZP1 to ZP2.

There are a couple of bugs though. I've signed up on the Zen forums and have reported two of them.
    • Motion control being far too sensitive to the extent it even bumps untouched on a flat surface
      Captain America hurry up, save bucky, central adhesive X ramp doesn't always detect if the ball is moving at speed

All in all I'm hugely impressed. I played Marvel Pinball to death as I preferred it's physics over ZP1 once I'd played it. The new engine running the original ZP1 tables is a joy. No more hugely spinning out of control balls flying around the table or vanishing through ramps. :thumbup:

I like and dislike the change to stick ball launch controls. Whilst it's more "realistic" I find it less accurate than the pressure sensitive X key. Still that's not stopped me playing.

I'm going to jump on Marvel at some point and make a note of my scores so that I have something to aim for. I know I'm not even close to my Ironman score although I'm chuffed that I PB'd Blade on my first play of the table. :thumbup:

19. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    I noticed the extra weight in the ball, or at least in places the ball doesnt leap about as much, it seems to have less energy, makes some things harder, but some tables are a little more predictable, got a great score on Earth defense first game.

20. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Well I'm gonna get a table set a month until I have them all, I hope they keep bringing out new dlc :)