The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS3 Zen Pinball 2 gets a release date!

Discussion in 'PlayStation Hardware & Other Games' started by HaloJ, 8 Aug 2012.

1. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    press_top_02.png

Being a life long pinball player and a fan of the fun-but-flawed first title and the awesome Marvel Pinball I've been litterally bouncing off the bumpers waiting for the release of Zen Pinball 2!

Zen Pinball 2 is an amalgamation of the original Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball with a reworked and apparently more accurate physics engine. All DLC currently owned in both old titles will be playable in the new title. Any tables you don't own can be played but only in a demo format. Likely this demo format will be a time limited table much like the Marvel Pinball Demo.

Zen_Pinball_2_GUI_screenshot_without_logo.png

Together with the reworked physics another major feature of ZP2 is the cross compatibility with the PS Vita Title of the same name. This cross pollination allows you to play any owned tables on either platform with a purchase made only once. What more reason does one need to purchase a PS Vita?

I'm eagerly looking forward to playing the Tesla table to death more than I currently do and having all the tables in one package rather than having to chop and change between two titles. With this combining I'll have no excuses not to also pick up the Epic Quest and Sorcerer's Lair tables.

Finally, with the title delayed since May let me happily announce that the new release date is 4th September. Zen Pinball 2 will be a free download for all with the future emphasis on purchasable tables.

2. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I can’t wait for this and can see myself buying all the tables :) my credit cards gonna be maxed out come September

3. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Currently we have all but the Avengers tables from Marvel Pinball but only the 4 basic ones from the original ZP on the PS3. Played Sorcerer’s Lair on the iPad and it’s a good table and will likely be purchased. There’s a couple of other tables that I fancied from the first title but I was put off by the occasionally flaky physics.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice