1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Young gifted and black. Buckaroo is none of these things.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Buckaroo, 30 Jun 2012.

1. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Casual Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    BUCKAROO74
    Hey fellas,

Applying for fulls please.
    History:
    38yr old retired competitive gamer looking for a retirement home.
    Pre Sony I did the same as everybody. Spectrum, Amiga, sega, Nintendo etc.
    Started online gaming on PS2 late on Socom 1, moved on to Socom 2 in 2003/4 and played compet on ESL and the old GB. Moved to CG from there when it was formed and played compet on there until the end of Socom confro/BFBC2.
    On to EUESports as staff helping dev EU standard BlOps rulesets.

Retired. Now bumming around looking for a home really. No where near the gamer I was. I really thought unless it was a ranked ladder match our tourney there was no point playing. Yep. I was that arsehole haha.

Pretty standard guy, I like a good laugh in game and if it's close the compet player creeps out in me. Stressed, annoyed and sweary but loving it.

Hope this makes sence, it's bollocks typing on my phone :)
    Cheers
    Buck.

2. Jenxy_

Jenxy_ Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Jenxy_
    Re: Young gifted and black. Buckaroo is none of these things

Hola Buck am assuming this is i r buckaroo from twitter, dunno if you remember me from HoPE.

Im just an ally over here, as am still in hopegaming, think you'll fit right in here though.

Take care and hopefully catch you for a little friendly clan match or two :)

3. Wilks

Wilks Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Wilks

Hi Buck. I used to love the old Socom days on PS2. It's not quite the same now. What was your favourite map? So many great ones to choose from but I think 'Rats nest' was mine. Are you looking forward to Counter Strike:Global Offensive? I know Socom was based around the original game so it will be interesting to see how that goes on its August release on PSN. :D

4. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada

Hi Buck nice to meet you.

Strange you say that, because I feel the same if theres no trophies/achievements :oops: Saying that, I have enjoyed a few of the Playstation Minis, so Im not a completely lost cause.

I use my phone every now and then to browse forums, but never to post unless its an emergency. Modern technology hasnt quite cracked the sausage fingers syndrome.

So what you playing at the mo? How did you hear about the website by the way? Where are you from? Anything else you fancy sharing about yourself?

Anyway, nice to meet you :thumbup:

5. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET

Alright Buck,
    What's the deal with 'uosiod'? :)
    How did you stumble upon us?

Jedi or Sith? Red sauce of Brown sauce? Oops! Actually Ignore them last 2 questions :lol:

6. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-

Welcome to the site, Buck. :)

Firstly, if you don't mind, I'd like to change your username to Buckaroo74. Us oldies get a bit confused with folk having a forum username and a completely different online name. Small variations are fine though (I'm Martok- online as some git had already taken Martok). Anyway, once you've confirmed that you've seen this then I'll change it, after which you'll have to log in using that name.

So far the folk who have registered here since we opened our doors yesterday are known to each other in some way. You however are our first real newcomer. :D How did you hear about this place? And what made you decide to apply for full membership? Are you a member of other communities and if so, which ones? We're happy to have on board folk who are in multiple communities, though our one small requirement for full membership is that folk fly the [SNR] tag in online PS3 games. :)

So, you started with Socom 1 & 2. Who did you play with competitively? I, along with some other folk here, used to play some Socom matches on Gamebattles. We were pretty useless most of the time though! We did it mainly for a bit of fun though and that made the occasional win even more exciting.

So, what are the main games you play on the PS3 these days? Mine are Killzone 3, Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3 (there's a common theme there...). Oh and a bit of Starhawk. No 3 in that though.

If you're after a fun and friendly place to chill out and play games with folk who aren't that good at gaming and don't mind losing (which we do frequently) then this may be the home you are looking for.

As you're an 'unknown', I'll leave it to our Senior Citizens to prod and poke you some more to see if you'll fit in OK (which hopefully you will going by what Jenxy_ said). We'd also like to play an online game or two with you too - that'll also give you the chance to see that we're going to be OK for you and we're not a sad bunch of boring gits (well, not all of us are anyway ;) ). We've got Uncharted 3 on Tuesday and Killzone 3 on Wednesday if you have either and can make those dates. If not, then let us know what games you have (I know Battlefield 3 is good for a few of us) and we'll sort something so we can meet up online.

7. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Casual Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    BUCKAROO74

Gah. Twice I've replied and my phone dumped it. I'll grab the lappy from work tomoz and reply properly.
    Name change to buck or buckaroo please. I've never used my psn on a forum ;)

Will be on BF3 this weekend.

8. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-

OK, I'll change your username to Buckaroo shortly. Thanks. :)

I may be on BF3 tomorrow evening though I may be unavailable as we have guests over. Some other folk may be on though. I'll look to chuck you a FL invite. If we don't meet tomorrow evening, I'll try and catch you during the week.

If any other Senior Citizens with BF3 can look out for Buckaroo74 and have a game with him over the next few days, that would be great. :)

9. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947

Although not a SNR, i'm more than happy to help out a little with his introductory period of getting to know you guys during online gaming sessions.

i'll send a F/R over and he'll be more than welcome on the server providing it's not full of the regulars :thumbup:

After all, it is double XP all week and if we can't get some gaming with him next week then all hope is lost :crazy:

10. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Casual Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    BUCKAROO74

Cheers lads. Be good to get some games in :)

11. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets

Hi Buck, nice to see that our site is starting to be found by people who dont know each other already. I think its safe to say that all of the rest of the members pretty much know each other as they are or used to be members of the OAP clan.
    So as well as bieng a 38 year old socom vet , what about the rest of your life.
    Where abouts are you from, what else are you into?

12. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada

Its "poison" upside down & back to front.

SOCOM 1 was the game were a lot of us all met up initially, from the PS2 beta trials. I love the SOCOM games, although Im not the worlds best player. Do you still play Confrontation or Special Forces?

How come youve become disenchanted with the whole competitive tourney thing then? Ive dabbled in Game Battles, but it was only ever semi serious (and thats not just because I used to lose all the time :oops: :lol: ).

13. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET

So It Is, never noticed that :)

You can send me a FR If you like Bucky buck buck :) HERMAN_JELMET

14. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Casual Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    BUCKAROO74

Loads of questions there haha.
    I live in Essex (not a native) and own and run a skateshop, we only been open since feb so still building it up and obviously takes up alot of my time.
    I quit the compet scene after working for EUeSports, basically i was seeing the attitude really for the first time and it turned me off of the whole scene.
    Lately my gaming has dropped right off, one of the reasons im looking for a home. Pop on a few times a week and game with a few people that i can get to know and have a laugh with.
    Ive known about the OAP guys for a few years and my IRL mate used to game with you alot, he would have used NIGHTHAWKE or KILLERHAWKE
    Early Socom days I was playing alot with clans like vVv, VE, ZP, Fugazi, Flames and the like who I belive used to be in the same circles as OAP?

Anyway, now ive got the lappy i can reply to stuff :P

15. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada

Are vVv Veni Vici etc (I can't remember the rest). Very hardcore if so. I've seen them in a Halo tournament and they play for about 8 hrs a day!!! Well if you're looking for a casual laid experience just for laughs then you're in the right spot. You an Uncharted 3 fan, because there's a match this coming Tuesday if you're up for it. Always good for a chuckle that game. What do you reckon? I think the game de hour would have to be battlefield 3, but we've got fans of all sorts here.
    Anyway hope you can make Tuesday and see you then

16. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Casual Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    BUCKAROO74

Not that vVv, The vVv i was in was originaly a Socom 1 beta clan called MiSTeR that changed names for S2 where I joined them and stayed untill the clan was desolved.
    Ive only ever played the online beta for UC and found it pretty dry, the guns felt funny and i just didnt get on with it tbh.
    Im sure i will catch you on BF3 at some point, its about the only game I play online now days.

Also just seen how bad my grammer is, to much typing on a phone has made me lazy :)

17. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-

As a previous Socom player, what did you think of the PS3 versions, Socom Confrontation and the latest Socom Special Needs Forces? Which was your favourite Socom game in the series?

I started with Socom 2 and played this a lot over on OAP. I was a captain of OAP Red and we joined Gamebattles for a while, mostly getting our arses kicked but we did have a few wins. Socom 3 came next and initially I liked it but I think I preferred Socom 2. As for the PS3 versions, I'd really grown out of the series by then. Played a bit of Socom Confrontation but I didn't think it was that great and by then I preferred respawn shooters to spending most of my evenings sat in the deadzone. I only tries Special Forces in the beta and wasn't impressed. There's a bunch of OAPs who still play Socom Confrontation every Friday (and some don't really play anything else). I don't think we're really got any Socom players here in Senior Gamers.

18. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders

:wave:

Yes we have! Though I don't play every week like I used to.

19. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Casual Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    BUCKAROO74

For me Socom 2 was by far the best. I think it was more to do with the people I was gaming with, it really was a special time. S3 was ok because it was so easy ;) M16 and a long scope and it was goodnight nurse.
    Same with combined assault.

Confrontation was a good game badly done for me. Amazing amounts of skill needed to get results against good aggressive teams. Probably the best ladder on CG was the confro beta ladder. Game was so broken it was unreal but again the people and teams playing it compet was like a old reunion haha

S4 dogshit :)

20. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-

Apologies, Col, I thought you'd given up on Socom these days. :oops: