• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 You must play the PT demo.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As the title says. Well go on, what you waiting for!?!?

Its in the PSN store and it stands for playable teaser. Thats all I'm going to say. Apart from avoid gaming website spoilers.

Bloody amazing graphics and very very creepy.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I meant to try this yesterday but didn't see it on the store and forgot about it.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What's PT?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Youll find it under demos in the PS4 store. I didnt find it when I looked under All Games, which I assumed would list everything

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Since I'm not at home: should i wait to try this on a big screen with surround or will it be the same "vibe" on a vita (using remote play)?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Since I'm not at home: should i wait to try this on a big screen with surround or will it be the same "vibe" on a vita (using remote play)?
big screen. The graphics are amazing

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The graphics are amazing
They really are top notch.

@Slaine did you find an end to the demo? I got so far in then seemed to be able to get no further....see spoiler

everything was red and it seemed to be in a permanent loop now with no changes

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Downloading now.. you made me curious!

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well after going through the same corridor a few times I got bored of it and turned it off.

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I ended up watching people streaming it after i got stuck. \It was fun to watch people scream

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yup. You have to interact with things in a certain order. Eventually a phone rings and you hear you have been chosen. Shame you didnt stick with it @mick as you end up outside.....

Some bits further on really made me jump. The wife was quite taken too.

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It took me a while to actually find it, think I was looking in the wrong place :crazy:

Downloaded it but not played it yet, might give it a go tomorrow.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
OK, so that's a launch day purchase for me....which isn't something I thought I'd feel about a game again after the last few years of being continually disappointed with games I buy on launch.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well frankly I have found this demo very frustrating. It's unclear what to do and I've had to use several guides to get me past a few bits that I got stuck on.

One bit:

The one where you have to get the hole appearing in the eye in the picture is just stupid. Up until then the only keys you have used are the sticks and R3 yet here you suddenly need to use X.

Despite following guides, I'm not stuck on the bit right at the end:

It's the bit where you need to hear the baby cry twice and then the phone rings. I've tried what various guides have suggested - wait for the clock to change to 00:00 then look at the radio and then the phone or let the girl walk into you and I can only get one baby cry, not any more than that.

If anyone can help me past this last bit, I'd appreciate it as I've spent hours on it already.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Despite following guides, I'm not stuck on the bit right at the end:

It's the bit where you need to hear the baby cry twice and then the phone rings. I've tried what various guides have suggested - wait for the clock to change to 00:00 then look at the radio and then the phone or let the girl walk into you and I can only get one baby cry, not any more than that.
This is probably the most frustrating part as it doesn't seem particularly consistent.

For me I waited for the clock to chime, usually quite shortly after that you hear the baby and then you just wait, up to maybe 5 minutes or more for that second baby cry/laugh. I was looking around the radio/plant/web for the final part of the picture* when I got the second baby noise, then I went to the phone, my controller vibrated but no ring....another loop round and when the baby cried for the second time I finally got the phone vibrating and then ringing too.

They key here seems to be patience and having a wander about, no real solid answer on what, if anything is the trigger.

*there are collectables, scraps of paper you pick up by using the R3 button, the first is on the stairwell.....you can see these parts of the picture next to the alarm clock on the wall

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is probably the most frustrating part as it doesn't seem particularly consistent.

For me I waited for the clock to chime, usually quite shortly after that you hear the baby and then you just wait, up to maybe 5 minutes or more for that second baby cry/laugh. I was looking around the radio/plant/web for the final part of the picture* when I got the second baby noise, then I went to the phone, my controller vibrated but no ring....another loop round and when the baby cried for the second time I finally got the phone vibrating and then ringing too.

They key here seems to be patience and having a wander about, no real solid answer on what, if anything is the trigger.

*there are collectables, scraps of paper you pick up by using the R3 button, the first is on the stairwell.....you can see these parts of the picture next to the alarm clock on the wall
I have all of the picture pieces. I suspect I know which one of yours is missing.

Press Options, then press R3 to focus in on the Adjust Brightness image

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well I managed to do it again, it's a bit of a chore getting the ending to be honest.

I didn't particularly do anything, just kept walking back and forth, stopping or being careful during the hauntings.

I'm gonna upload videos of this for what it's worth.

Edit* just done it again

This time I waited at the alarm clock until it hit midnight then wandered between the phone and the "I can hear them calling me from HELL" text until I got the first giggle...then I went and stood on the stairs and looked at the text there and did some chores, about 10 minutes later I got the next giggle, shortly followed by the third and then the phone ringing.[\spoiler]

Last edited:

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Okay, so I got round to playing it.
It looks ok so far, and the tension build up is nice. I still scared even while expecting something, but I'm a big wuss :D

But... Wth am I supposed to do? I don't want to spoil things by searching, but so far there's zero interaction. just walking in circles and waiting for stuff to happen automatically, that's a bit boring. I'll walk a few more circles before calling it quits, but I'm doubting this is my kind of game.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Okay, so I got round to playing it.
It looks ok so far, and the tension build up is nice. I still scared even while expecting something, but I'm a big wuss :D

But... Wth am I supposed to do? I don't want to spoil things by searching, but so far there's zero interaction. just walking in circles and waiting for stuff to happen automatically, that's a bit boring. I'll walk a few more circles before calling it quits, but I'm doubting this is my kind of game.
You will need to look at some things more closely using R3.