The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

X360 Xbox Live hacked last night

Discussion in 'XBox Hardware & Other Games' started by Slaine, 14 Apr 2013.

1. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Our good "friends" at Anonymous have been up to their old tricks. This time they attacked Xbox Live....

Anonymous takes responsibility for Xbox Live attacks, another group surfaces

[​IMG]

Anonymous has attacked Xbox Live, and has also released a nifty little video.

Meanwhile Microsoft has issued a statement on their website stating that they are aware of the issues and are working hard to rectify it. Users are reporting that they are unable to sign in to the service.
    This may be a wide scale DDOS attack against the service, since users are reporting that they are unable to sign in, or send text or voice messages. Some people are also unable to play offline, because their saves are synced with cloud.
    [​IMG]
    Update: Another hacker has said it’s a massive botnet attack. Anonymous has denied any involvement.
    Original: Anonymous claims they are targeting the service.
    Take the below info with a massive grain of salt, since it’s still a rumour.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This could be related to the always-online rumour that has been reported by various sites. It is something that is termed as anti-consumer and this attack could be in retaliation to that.
    I think we’re seeing the repercussions of that now. Microsoft seems to have fixed the sign-in issues, but the service is still sluggish so it still may be under attack.
    This also happened on a Double XP weekend for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 so can be sure that plenty of Xbox Live members will be upset with intermittent service outages.
    I actually saw a video from Anonymous spouting the reasons why. The "always online" console rumours where cited as the main reason, and they said this is why you shouldnt enforce such harsh DRM as this could happen. They also went to go on about the "lack" of Xbox policing, and that not enough is being done to protect consumers from being duped, getting their profiles/points stolen etc.
    If, and thats a big if as Im not sure I entirely believe the claims of "always on" next gen Xbox console, if this is true, then Anonymous might have actually ended up doing us all a favour. Surely Microsoft wont proceed with such a stupid thoughtless and reckless idea in the face of such negativity and hostility.
    And talking of hostility, I hear Adam Orth (the Creative Director at Microsoft who gobbed off over Twitter and said "#dealwithit" to his customers) not only lost his job, but is now in regular receipt of death threats too. OTT???? Yeah course it is, its only a bloody console that you dont have to buy after all anyway!! But it does demonstrate the level of discontent over this very thorny issue.
    So, whats nect for Microsoft? Will they now offer a gratis game in compensation ?!?!?:D

ChrissPeacock likes this.
  2. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    So unasked for illegal hacking deprives legitimate users from making use of a service they paid for in supposedly in the service of consumer care. Thanks guys, next time perhaps you can shoot me in the head to cure my headache. I dont have an xbox or really care about MS , but this crap is getting silly, I hope the perpetrators get caught and locked up for a long time.

HaloJ, ColSonders and ChrissPeacock like this.
  3. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I'm pretty much of the same opinion, all this group has done, as they always do, is make the users suffer.

Based on unconfirmed data too, it's a dreadful reason to be doing it.

I don't think this minority will have any impact on Microsoft whatsoever, same as the minority whining about the always online thing for a console that's not even been confirmed yet.

It does go to show just how much the existing consoles are already always online and require the connection to use the hardware.

Not a good time to be on Xbox though if these clowns have them in their sights.

4. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    #4 Spruijt, 14 Apr 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: 10 Aug 2013
  5. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    @Spruijt It means for free.;)

But yes, these feckers are a pain in the arse. I didn't have any problems logging in, but messaging and viewing your MS points etc didn't work.

Looking at the arrests made of Lulsec and Anonymous so far; they're all bloody kids aged 18-24. I think the comment made in their speech regarding the hackers in COD Black Ops can also give us a clue as to the age of the rest of these reprobates. Clearly these guys are gamers, enjoy their COD, and may have been subject to these cheats/hacks/dupers too.

Thing is, these people aren't as smart as they think they are. You get yourself a criminal record, and most of the major employers (blue chip companies especially) wont touch you with a barge pole. You cant lie, as they CRB check all new employees, and on a regular basis. Also, most countries around the world wont grant you a visa for entry either, so you'll never get to visit some of these beautiful places. But worst of all, and I'm going to generalise here, I'm guessing if you're good with a keyboard then God may not have blessed you in the physical department. These people will end up as someone's bitch inside.:lol:

But as Col says; to act on just hearsay and gossip with regards to "always online" just borders on the ridiculous.

#5 Slaine, 14 Apr 2013
  6. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    @Slaine I didn't know it was an English word too. Gratis means free in Dutch as well, hence the reply. ;)

#6 Spruijt, 14 Apr 2013
  7. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I
    I think it's of Latin origin, so most likely a well known word across a lot of languages.

#7 ColSonders, 14 Apr 2013
  8. jonnywombat

jonnywombat Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    jonnywombat
    I wondered why my kids emerged from their bedrooms to annoy me yesterday, xbox live being down explains it... damned cheek of hackers, forcing me to interact with my kids... tw@s :rant:

Slaine and HaloJ like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice