X360 Xbox 360 Co-op games

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So, anyone got a good recommendation for a co-op game?
Friend wants to play online with me. He only has an Xbox which isn't my forte game wise.
He doesn't actually play games much.
He hates zombie games. So I think FPS might not be his thing. All I've got out of him is "Something Ancient World would be best but Xbox doesn't do any, so hobbity stuff might be ok".
Make of that what you will. Any ideas?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Blimey, looks like you've been having fun with fonts and font sizes in your post!

Not all FPS games involve zombies, of course. What about Borderlands 2? It's a fun game as you know and shouldn't be too expensive to pick up.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah it all went a bit, well, I blame the wine. I'll suggest Borderlands

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Army of two and gears or war are both good coop games. You can probably pick up Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for the price of a pint and I love it and for coop it's sooooo freaking good.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Id recommend Halo 4. Spartan Ops is the dogs.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Id recommend Halo 4. Spartan Ops is the dogs.
Wow can't believe I didn't say the same thing Halo 4 Spartan Ops is amazballs

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Mmmmmmmmm, I don't think Halo would be his thing. What's Assassin Creed MP like? He likes historical stuff.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Awesome. The graphics are on par with the main game. Totally original

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Awesome. The graphics are on par with the main game. Totally original
I think I might go the Assassins Creed route then, if anything I know that he would certainly like the single player.
I've only ever played the AC2 though which has no MP. Which one is the best for more co-op type MP?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well the last two Assassins had some good multiplayer. To make sure you find people I'd suggest playing the latest. Not much in the way of co-op, but obviously you could be on the same team.

Ive just completed the much maligned Aliens Colonial Marines. I got a 2nd hand Ltd Edition copy (all unused codes too!!!:o) from CEX dirt cheap (about £15ish). You can play this co-op too. And I have to say I cant see what all the fuss is about. Not the prettiest shooter Ive ever seen, but its not too bad. Very functional and everything works well. A few occasional glitches, but nothing game breaking, and certainly no more glitchy than any of the CODs etc. But I was surprised at how well it played, it really wasnt bad at all. Id say 6/7 out of 10; 7 if your a fan of the franchise. Onlines good fun, and controlling the aliens a breeze, compared to Alien Vs Predator where trying to scale walls was an arse. Not as scary as Alien Vs Predator, but still pretty good. In fact, if you liked that game then theres no reason why you wont like Colonial Marines. Menus look really slick too.

Two Worlds 2 is an RPG that has an awesome co-op campaign, if hes looking for something "ancient world" & "hobbity". Bloody good game game, once you get past the cliche story and cheesy voice acting.

Portal 2 would be another top recommendation for co-op. One of the best puzzlers Ive ever played.

Anyway, tell your mate to stop being such a girl about shooters and play some Gears.;):D Its not just shooting, theres some chainsawing in it too, as well as fag tagging. And Left 4 Dead is just about the most fun you can have with a mate, even though it has zombies in it.:lol:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks Slaine, maybe Assassins Creed won't be what we're looking for then, although I do think he still would really like the single player campaign so I'm going to suggest it to him anyway. I've had a look and you can pick up the first one quite cheap on ebay.

I really don't think FPS, especially the likes of BF3, COD, GOW will be his cup of tea at all. I think I could get away with Borderlands. It's a darn shame he's dead set against Zombies as well. Maybe I can work on that.....

I've found a free one on Xbox Arcade. Anyone played IT?

Happy Wars;
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Happy-Wars/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410ae9

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Its ok. Its a lot like Fat Princess on the PS3. Not my cup of tea really. Still, it is for free.

jonnywombat

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My son loves happy wars, he plays it online with his mates a lot.