The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi WRC 3

Discussion in 'Sport and Motorsport' started by jonnywombat, 18 Apr 2013.

1. jonnywombat

jonnywombat Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    jonnywombat
    I have been looking for a good rally game for a while now. Rumours are Dirt 4 will be held over to next gen consoles, and although dirt showdown is good, a rally game it ain't.

Jeremy McGarth offroad, proved a good but short lived option, as lack of tracks really limits it's life, so that leaves replaying dirt 3 or trying out wrc3.

I played the original wrc title back in the day, and was not too impressed, the lighting effects were shocking, either way to much glare, or too dark, either way it was hard to see were you were going.

Also the handling of the vehicles was not great, very twitchy, and lots of oversteer. Despite this I battled on and finished the game, but it was becoming a chore towards the end. This had put me off the wrc series.

Wrc3 has had better reviews, and has an all new game engine, so I'm hoping that some of the issues I dislike have been addressed.

So armed with a few trade ins I'm off to game shortly to pick up a copy (£20 new in sale), and I will report back later with a review.

2. jonnywombat

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    jonnywombat
    placeholder

3. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Unfortunately you won't be able to edit this post later on as there is a limited time window for doing this. Hopefully this will change with a forthcoming release of the forum software as that will include logging of post edits, so we can give unlimited editing back to full members (it's currently time limited to prevent potential damage caused by rage deletes).

When you do a review, you can either just put it in a post below. Alternatively if you want to do a review like @Spruijt did for God of War then you could do this as a new thread and then promote it to the front page. :)

#3 Martok, 18 Apr 2013
    Last edited: 10 Aug 2013
  4. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Does GRID 2 not have a bit of rallying in it?

5. jonnywombat

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    jonnywombat
    Not sure ace, but I did use the extra money I had left over from my trade ins to preorder GRID 2

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice