The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Worms Revolution

Discussion in 'Hardware & Other Games' started by Acegadgets, 16 Oct 2012.

1. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I've bought a few worm games over the years and quite like the look of the new one. Its back to 2D and has a number of entising new features in it.
    In line with a lot of nowadays you now have different classes of worms fighters. There's a Soldier, heavy, sniper and scientist.
    Some extracts from IGN
    FULL IGN REVIEW can be found at
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/03/worms-revolution-review
    There are 32 campaign levels plus 20 puzzle levels and a very customisable multiplayer game. For £10.99 you'll get a lot of fun out of this especially if friends have it.
    I will be downloading this in the next few days. If anyone else fancies a multiplayer worm battle then let me know.

2. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Played a demo of it on Xbox Live. Its ok, but like you Ive played every single bloody worms game. Bit of fatigues set in now, so I wont be getting it. Nothing fundamentally wrong with it, other than a vague sense of deja vu

3. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator
  4. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Looks like i could be worming with the worminator. Do any other hope gamers have it?

5. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Well I have the PC version. Jenxy said she might get it but dunno if she has yet.

6. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    I was an avid player of Worms (PC), Worms plus (PC), Worms Armageddon (PC) and Worms World Party (PC & PS1). I've got worms on the DS and the paltry earlier PSN version. World Party was huge with weapons for days, a great depth and progressive AI which I battled all the way to Elite status on both the platforms I owned. I felt ripped off by the earlier release on PSN due to all of it's limitations. I've tried the forts versions and also the "3D" versions but never really liked them as they just felt like a gimmick on an old formula. This time I'd like to try before I buy but I don't think there's a demo available so pinball will likely remain my dip in game.

7. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I'm finding it rather hard to get past some of the levels, which is a good thing as Its going to last a lot longer. Haven't mastered the jet packs properly. Seem top be harder to control than in previous editions. The enemy have been training as well , they dont blow themselves up much and are pretty accurate with the weaponry. Still havent found anyone online to play it with yet.

8. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Well at least you got my interest piqued as a long term fan. Although I've been happily playing the Facebook beta but I have looked deeper into this new version. Visually it looks superb, the weapon range is sound but the AI seem as tedious as always and the PS3 version apparently suffers from game breaking frame rate drops making it difficult to aim cursors for instance. I'm keeping an eye on it but as it stands I'll wait for a patch so you'll be on your tod a while longer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice