Multi Worms Revolution

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've bought a few worm games over the years and quite like the look of the new one. Its back to 2D and has a number of entising new features in it.
In line with a lot of nowadays you now have different classes of worms fighters. There's a Soldier, heavy, sniper and scientist.
Some extracts from IGN
The differences are immediately noticeable. Scouts are far more agile than any other class, for instance, moving faster and jumping further. They’re also more responsive to control when jetpacking, can fall greater distances without taking damage and even have other perks like longer reach with their ninja ropes. On the flipside, they do the least damage with their attacks and are lighter, so are knocked around a whole lot more.
As you’d imagine, the heavies are the flipside to that – these guys are tanks. They move slowly and can’t jump to save their lives, but can deal and absorb more damage. The scientists are the support class. Each time it’s a scientist’s turn, everyone on the team gets an additional five points of health, and defensive weapons like sentry guns and electromagnets are more powerful if created by a scientist.
FULL IGN REVIEW can be found at
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/03/worms-revolution-review
Battlefields now feature physics objects, like zippo lighters, glass flasks etc. These can be moved around with certain abilities (such as telekinesis) and after taking enough damage will either explode or release noxious gas/water, or both.
Dynamic water has also been introduced to battlefields, letting players do things like blasting a hole in a pocket of water to send it cascading into the map, hopefully washing away some enemy worms in the process. Worms that are underwater take damage every turn, but can use new utilities like the plug hole to drain the liquid. It’s a fun idea, but weapons like the water pistol, water bomb and water strike are harder to use effectively than more traditional weapons, and just don’t have the same oomph
There are 32 campaign levels plus 20 puzzle levels and a very customisable multiplayer game. For £10.99 you'll get a lot of fun out of this especially if friends have it.
I will be downloading this in the next few days. If anyone else fancies a multiplayer worm battle then let me know.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Played a demo of it on Xbox Live. Its ok, but like you Ive played every single bloody worms game. Bit of fatigues set in now, so I wont be getting it. Nothing fundamentally wrong with it, other than a vague sense of deja vu

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks like i could be worming with the worminator. Do any other hope gamers have it?

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Acegadgets said:
Looks like i could be worming with the worminator. Do any other hope gamers have it?
Well I have the PC version. Jenxy said she might get it but dunno if she has yet.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was an avid player of Worms (PC), Worms plus (PC), Worms Armageddon (PC) and Worms World Party (PC & PS1). I've got worms on the DS and the paltry earlier PSN version. World Party was huge with weapons for days, a great depth and progressive AI which I battled all the way to Elite status on both the platforms I owned. I felt ripped off by the earlier release on PSN due to all of it's limitations. I've tried the forts versions and also the "3D" versions but never really liked them as they just felt like a gimmick on an old formula. This time I'd like to try before I buy but I don't think there's a demo available so pinball will likely remain my dip in game.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm finding it rather hard to get past some of the levels, which is a good thing as Its going to last a lot longer. Haven't mastered the jet packs properly. Seem top be harder to control than in previous editions. The enemy have been training as well , they dont blow themselves up much and are pretty accurate with the weaponry. Still havent found anyone online to play it with yet.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well at least you got my interest piqued as a long term fan. Although I've been happily playing the Facebook beta but I have looked deeper into this new version. Visually it looks superb, the weapon range is sound but the AI seem as tedious as always and the PS3 version apparently suffers from game breaking frame rate drops making it difficult to aim cursors for instance. I'm keeping an eye on it but as it stands I'll wait for a patch so you'll be on your tod a while longer.