World's Greatest Actor's / actresses

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I was wondering who is your favourite actors or actresses? My top two are Johnny Depp and Tom Hanks.

Who's yours?

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I have many favorites. Judging by my movie collection my top 3 have to be:

Male
1. Al Pacino
2. Tom Hanks
3. Robert Downey jr.

Female
1. Julia Roberts
2. Gwenneth Paltrow
3. Nathalie Portman

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There are certain actors I will watch, all great in different ways. Jason Statham for example, pure entertainment and he knows where his work is. James Purefoy is always great to watch. Going old skool Clint Eastwood in the spaghetti westerns. Actresses Dame Judi Dench and Dame Maggie Smith, both hugely engaging and often funny to watch.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thats actually quite a tricky question the more I think about it.
There are some I could mention, for example Matt Damon, as I am a big fan of the Bourne films, but I havent seen anything else with him in.
Ones I would have on my list are Harrison Ford, Clint Eastwood, Denzel Washington and Jodie Foster.
Im sure there is loads more if I thought about it.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Clint Eastwood, Robert DeNiro, Michelle Pfeiffer, Sean Bean, Sean Young, Harrison Ford, Al Pacino.

Cant stand Richard Gere & Kevin Costner (but I do love Dances With Wolves). Woodentops the pair of them

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I like Humphrey Bogart, great actor from an age when actors couldnt pick their roles, he also seems like the sort of person you could have an interesting chat with. I also like Kevin Spacey, he makes the whole acting thing look effortless although sometimes a little too smooth.

Actresses I like, Lauren Bacall for similar reasons to liking Bogart, if she whistled I would come running. I also like Audrey Tatou and Eva Mendes.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
really? I think he is terrible, he seems to play the same character whatever he is in.
Yeah, can't stand him either, shame, he's in some excellent films.

I'll add Donald Sutherland to the list of goods.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Not fond of Sean Bean either. How about Harvey Keitel, Jeff Bridges and James Coburn?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just remembered someone else, my all-time fave too. Gary Oldman. I have never seen such a versatile actor with such a rich and varied career. Saw a brilliant interview with him, and he hinted how he manages to dig deep into his emotions. He didnt actually say it outright, but I think he focuses on the death of someone, possibly his son or something. Very sad anyway, but can help explain why some of his emotional scenes are so powerful.

jonnywombat

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Some of my favorites include (in no particular order)
Ewan McGregor, Ed Norton, Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, Tim Roth, Jonny Lee Miller, Hugh Laurie, Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman

As for actresses,
Sandra Bullock, Natalie Portman, Hilary Swank, Helena Bonham Carter, Jodie Foster, Sigourney Weaver, Charlize Theron, and not forgetting Zooey Deschanel

Bad Robot

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'd have to choose Jack Nicholson, Mel Gibson and Jackie Chan for the men and Gwyneth Paltrow, Sandra Bullock and Penelope Cruz for the women, however there are lots more I could add to the list.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My all time favourites are Anthony Hopkins, Richard Burton and Gabriel Byrne.
I am also currently drooling over Tim McInnerny. Alan Rickman is also totally awesome. What's not to like about this;

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Vincent Cassel & Monica Bellucci.
Very talented couple, usually managing to steal the limelight whatever role they play although some of her non-European title choices have been questionable.

Dmk222

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think mark wahlberg is a good actor also Elizabeth shue she can't do no wrong either

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think mark wahlberg is a good actor also Elizabeth shue she can't do no wrong either
I thought he was excellent in Shooter, another one of my favourites.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
In boogie nights, yes

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
He's my hero, I tried to base my life on him. Unfortunately I got drunk and killed 3 hookers :( bad times. Oh wait I think that was a dream/nightmare I had.

Man I liked that film, especially roller girl.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've not seen it.