Word filter

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This site has a word filter in place - and it has been on for some time.

Why on earth would a site for adults need a word filter?

There are three main reasons for this:
  1. We made the decision some time back to open up our forums to the public. This means that anyone can read our forums, including kids, plus we want to give a good impression to visitors
  2. This site displays advertising to guests. There are strict rules about the sort of content on forums that advertising can be displayed with
  3. Work places will block sites that they deem inappropriate. For example, whilst this site is available at my work, another gaming site is blocked under the category of Profanity

Currently there are only a couple of words (plus their variants) that will be filtered and I'd prefer not to add any more. The odd bit of swearing here and there isn't a problem - we all do it at times and this is an adult site, so the occasional expletive is to be expected. However to ensure that we give a good impression to visitors, don't get the advertising banned and remain as open as possible at places of work, please don't overdo it. Also please don't circumvent the word filter by using misspelling/replacing letters with numbers etc. If you do this or use too many expletives, then posts will be moderated and we may have have to put you on the naughty step. ;)

Please note that the Signature Guidance already cover this.

Sorry to bring this up but I hope you that you understand. :)

Last edited:

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't have a ****ing problem with It :D

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Is S****horpe blocked?

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Wow that's a fail for anyone living there :D

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I'm not sure I swear much on here so shouldn't make ****ing difference for me

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This ****ing site is blocked by my work anyway. I have to use CrapaTalk for everything (has a feeling the CrapaTalk won't be blocked, but I haven't been on the naughty step for a while, need to make up for it:D)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This ****ing site is blocked by my work anyway. I have to use CrapaTalk for everything (has a feeling the CrapaTalk won't be blocked, but I haven't been on the naughty step for a while, need to make up for it:D)
Don't be too naughty, it'll only get @mick excited. ;)

Have you tried the site on your phone's browser? It works rather nicely. :)