1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Why, hello there

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by naking, 3 Jul 2012.

1. naking

naking Semi-Regular Gamer

PSN:
    naking
    My name is Nic, and I'd like to become an Ally please.

I am 41 years and 9 months old, and I used to be really good at games. Unfortunately, age has caught up with me. My gaming History is long and varied, starting with Atari cartridge based consoles, and ending up with a PS3 and a Vita (via Atari STe, Megadrive, N64, PSone, PS2 and original XBox, and a few more besides).

In real life, I am a computer geek for a major US telecoms company (although I am based in the UK), I am vice-chair of a school I went to 30 odd years ago (I call it my penance), and I cycle.

Gaming wise, I enjoy racing games, Lego games and anything with a good story. I'm not good at FPS's, so I tend not to play them (i blame the old age).

I know a number of the names I see in the introduction forum - many are friends on PSN and Facebook / Google+ I haven't played online with them for a while, mainly because of a missing events system, which I hope to remedy by being an Ally here.

2. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Hello naking.

It's good to see so many of the more friendly faces over here ;)

3. naking

PSN:
    naking
    Hi Roger,

Thanks.

There is a nice air of familiarity about the place. I'm looking forward to catching up with some of the old guys.

4. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Naking, long time no see. welcome mate.

5. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Naking, nice to see you over here :wave:

6. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome, naking. :)

Are you related to Adrian Mole? ;)

Go on, do tell us a bit more! What were your favourite games on these consoles?

Working in education myself, I know that it's not an easy job these days being a school governor and I know that it's only going to get tougher with the thick and fast changes the Government are making. :roll:

So, you cycle? Is that commuting or for fun? What type - road or mountain biking?

I like the Lego games and play them with my daughter. Shroud likes them too, especially platinum trophy whoring on them. ;) As for FPS games, you'd probably do better playing with a bunch of friends online than playing alone with the general public. BF3 is a game worth picking up and there's plenty of folk who would be happy to help you out with this if you did.

So, you're after Ally status? Well it's a vouch from me for this. :)

I'll leave others to give you a bit of a prod and poke for a bit first.

7. naking

PSN:
    naking
    Hi Slaine.

Howdy Jeroen - How's things? Still green?

Hey Martok.
    Favourite games: Kick Off 2 on STe. Better than FIFA. Micro Machines on Megadrive. Missile Command on Atari. I'm currently playing LA Noire on PS3 and Ridge Racer on Vita.

I commute by bike (every day, no matter what) - but if I'm in a good mood, I take a longer route, so I guess I do the extra for fun. I do own a mountain bike, but I never feel fully in control off road. I have 2 road bikes, a hybrid with mildly knobbly tires and full mudguards for the winter (or the summer when the weather is like it is now), and a "racer" with tiny tires, for the better weather.

My daughter has just discovered the Lego games herself (she's 17, so not really into playing with her old man). She's just (about an hour ago) passed her driving test as well.

8. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    Hey up mate, nice to see you here. I rock the green here as I'm a mighty ally.

9. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Green as a Sprout mate :) Hope to catch you online soon.

10. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Hello naking, thanks for dropping by. I think my senility is kicking in or we haven't gamed online before! You'll have to help me out with that one?

I was Ocean in a former life until some scum sucking swamp donkey (TM Shroud) stole my gamer name before I could register it pre-PS3 release. Did we play on PS2?

Anyways, I'll drop you a friends request shortly. Maybe you fancy joining us for a game soon? :P

11. naking

PSN:
    naking
    Hi Dogstar,

It's not your senility kicking in, in this instance, we haven't played before. I don't recognise you as Ocean either.

Where abouts in Brum are you? I'm not 1,000,000 miles away from there myself... infact I'm heading into the city today to watch England win the 1 day series against the Ozzies - if the cracking summer we are having holds off long enough to get some play in.

12. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    hi naking, havent seen you around for a while, mind you I haven't played online much recently either. starting to get back into it though

13. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Hehe now that shows your age but I understand perfectly what you mean being a "racer" owner myself. :D I used to commute by bike everyday and then add a lot more miles to legs at the weekend. Real life has unfortunately got in the way of my cycling this year.

Following the vouches I've taken the liberty of adding you to our list of Allies.

Abs

14. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    I remember you as Ocean on the PS2. You were definitely the friendliest OAP that I met that night during my first game of SOCOM. :thumbup:

15. naking

PSN:
    naking
    Thanks Abs. I wish I could put a few more miles into my legs at the weekend, but I don't think my legs will take it. That said, I'm looking for a nice ride to Wales next summer (I've given up on this summer).

Hey Ace - how's it going mate? Hopefully as we both are trying to game again, you'll be beating me at some racing game in the near future.

16. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Alright Naking, I have 2 Nick Kings on my Facebook, You and Kingus but I dont know who Is who ::lol:

17. naking

PSN:
    naking
    Hello Herm. I am kingus. That other one is an imposter from Portsmouth.

18. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I'm currently into dirt showdown its more of a burnout fun arcade destruction racer than a gt5 game. a couple of people on here are getting it soon so we should get a few good gaming nights ib that one. also gonna get back into battlefield. what are you playing at the moment?

19. naking

PSN:
    naking
    I'm currently playing Ridge Racer on Vita.

20. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Whats that like, because the "demo" on the store was shit as it gives nothing away at all?