Multi Who is getting Battlefield 4?

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As the topic says - who is getting BF4 and on what platform?

I actually haven't even thought about getting it, let alone pre ordering it. Naturally this needs to be remedied but I'm curious to know who is getting it before I do.

I will probably get it on PS3 being as I'm not going to get a PS4 (well not straight away anyway!)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll be getting it on PS4 only. Won't be until January though as I've not yet pre-ordered and I doubt there will be any consoles left for us latecomers until then.

I don't see a point in getting it for the PS3, expecially as others are likely getting it on the PS4. Also I've got enough PS3 games to keep me going for now.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@NitaNitro5 & I are getting it on PS4. All pre-ordered, so will hopefully be shooting people by 1am on 29th November! :gamer:

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll be getting it, undecided on whether i'll grab the PS3 edition and then upgrade to PS4 or just go straight for the PS4 edition.

Given it'll probably be cheaper to get the PS3 version and upgrade to the PS4 version i'll probably do that.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I'm getting it for my ps4 :P

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So I may well be Billy no mates on the Battlefield then! At least on the SNR front, large proportion of my PSN friends play BF3 so I'm sure a few of them will be getting it.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
get a PS4?
I have far too many games left on PS3 and rarely play anymore so I don't think getting a PS4 would be a particularly good investment right now!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PS4 for me. Don't want 2 copies and the ps3 will just gather dust. So I'd be paying for a copy for 2 weeks play.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PS4 for me. Don't want 2 copies and the ps3 will just gather dust. So I'd be paying for a copy for 2 weeks play.
You know that you can upgrade it to the digital PS4 version for the difference between the prices of the two versions though?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You know that you can upgrade it to the digital PS4 version for the difference between the prices of the two versions though?
I know, and I did think about this. Thing is I like having a physical disc collection, so I wanted it for pretty much this reason alone. No biggy, as I really wouldn't play the ps3 version hardly ever after the ps4 is out.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You would still need the PS3 disc to be able to play the digital version anyway. I know people will have a head start on us, but I think I'd rather wait for the PS4 version.

Brand new maps with 64 players. How hard could it be? :P

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
That is a no for me. GTA is the last game I've bought for PS3, and a PS4 is out of reach for me atm.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
That is a no for me. GTA is the last game I've bought for PS3, and a PS4 is out of reach for me atm.
Not surprised with your news and all :lol: your gonna be a game less zombie soon BRAINZZZZZ

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not going to bother with this one, got really frustrated with BF3 and hence (almost) never played it.

How some of you stick with playing the same thing for months I will never know, but then that could be down to my type of game which generally went along the lines of spawn/run around a bit/shoot bullets everywhere but at the enemy/get stabbed in the face/repeat.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not going to bother with this one, got really frustrated with BF3 and hence (almost) never played it.

How some of you stick with playing the same thing for months I will never know, but then that could be down to my type of game which generally went along the lines of spawn/run around a bit/shoot bullets everywhere but at the enemy/get stabbed in the face/repeat.

I think with the Battlefield games it's a combination of the variety in the game and the reward from things like learning to fly the helicopters or working as a team to bring down a tank quickly.

If it had all been close quarters gunplay without the vehicles and team work just like the Close Quarters DLC pack then I couldn't have been playing it 2 years down the line.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think my problem was I didnt stick with it to try and get better and it lost the element of fun for me.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think my problem was I didnt stick with it to try and get better and it lost the element of fun for me.
It's easy to have a bad experience on it to be fair, it's one of a few games that can have a punishing learning curve. Unlike say Call of Duty where there's basically nothing to learn, this game has a lot to consider like recoil patterns and bullet drop as well as obviously huge maps and all the vehicles. But it can be a terrible experience at times when you end up against a team of experienced players as they just pin you into your spawn and it ends up no fun for anyone.

There's things you can do to help reduce this steep learning curve though and that's the beauty of a community like this, there's people on hand that can help you get used to a game, give you tips, squad up and work with you and show you the best of what the game has to offer

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I will probably get it on ps3. I am not going to get a ps4 till next summer and loved playing all of the previous battlefields.