• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Where do you buy your games?

I buy my games:

• at the nearest "brick" shop, don't care about prices.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • at a "brick" shop, but I do shop around for the best bargain.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • online at Amazon

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • online, not Amazon.

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll still continue to buy online as it is cheaper, I hate paying more than I need to for a game unless there's good reason plus I've never yet had a problem with games arriving on time (touch wood!)

I won't buy from the absolute cheapest store online, just the ones I know and trust or have heard good reports from others. Today I made my first purchase with ShopTo. I also use Amazon (Need for Speed: Most Wanted will likely come from there as I have some unused gift vouchers), Tesco Entertainment (very reliable delivery, always arrived on time by courier, not Royal Mail). In the past I've used play.com but I don't find them as well-priced these days as they used to be. Also bought from Zavvi and HMV (the latter only occasionally if there's a rare bargain that they have or in the case of Starhawk, the pre-order DLC).

I use GameCrawler to check out the cheapest game prices online. Then when I buy, I generally do it via TopCashBack which gets me a further discount.

If any of you don't use TopCashback, it's really worth signing up to - it's free (unlike Quidco which takes a cut of your cashback each year). It works with thousands of online retailers and in just under 2 years that I've been using it I've had £106 cash back.

If you would like to try it, please sign up using my referrer link http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/martok. If you use this, I get £10 once you've made some purchases using the service. You can then refer people yourself and earn £10 for each one referred.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Last few i`ve pre-ordered I got from sainsburys, I have got MoH on pre order from them was £32. Never had any issues with them either, always get delivered on release day at the latest.