The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Whats New still showing Whats Old

Discussion in 'Website News & Support' started by Slaine, 25 Mar 2013.

1. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Just a quickie. I noticed that there are a number of threads that have just appeared as "Whats New", and no matter how many times I view them they still appear in the list. Thing is, none of the threads are new either.

Otherwise all good:thumbup:

2. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    What's new is a multitierd system. It shows "new posts since last visit" and "unread posts" or a blank page but it can also show "recent threads" as well regardless of read/unread status.

The threads Andy ported in yesterday have actually shown up as new threads regardless of us tweaking the dates. Hit up the "mark forums read" and click the accept or whatever button that follows and that should sort ya.

3. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    To get rid of them from "What's New", click on "Mark Forums Read".

The reason these old posts have appeared is because they are actually the blog posts and comments from the old site. Rather than lose them, I posted them all again on here as new threads and posts. They all appeared in my name so I used an admin tool to change the post authors to who originally wrote the blog post and comments and the date to when they were originally written. They have still appeared in "What's New" though because technically they are new posts.

Anyway, as I said, click on "Mark Forums Read" and that'll get rid of them, though of course you can always revisit them on the front page of the new site. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice