Whats New still showing Whats Old

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just a quickie. I noticed that there are a number of threads that have just appeared as "Whats New", and no matter how many times I view them they still appear in the list. Thing is, none of the threads are new either.

Otherwise all good:1thumbup:

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What's new is a multitierd system. It shows "new posts since last visit" and "unread posts" or a blank page but it can also show "recent threads" as well regardless of read/unread status.

The threads Andy ported in yesterday have actually shown up as new threads regardless of us tweaking the dates. Hit up the "mark forums read" and click the accept or whatever button that follows and that should sort ya.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
To get rid of them from "What's New", click on "Mark Forums Read".

The reason these old posts have appeared is because they are actually the blog posts and comments from the old site. Rather than lose them, I posted them all again on here as new threads and posts. They all appeared in my name so I used an admin tool to change the post authors to who originally wrote the blog post and comments and the date to when they were originally written. They have still appeared in "What's New" though because technically they are new posts.

Anyway, as I said, click on "Mark Forums Read" and that'll get rid of them, though of course you can always revisit them on the front page of the new site. :)