1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

What to say ?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rusty, 3 Aug 2012.

1. Rusty

Rusty Casual Gamer

PSN:
    Rusty-Brains
    Hello fellow gamers,
    The name is Russ but everyone calls me Rusty.I'M 45 been gaming for most of it[thank you Mr Sinclair],and still enjoying it.Refreshing to find like minded individuals here.
    Joined the Playstation Brigade after 2nd xbox got Red ring of death [thanks HALO].So im a newbie on the network.
    I prefer Strategy and fun than Running and gunning.Hopefully if im accepted as a ally i will continue with that theme.Winning isn't everything with me but i try my best for my teammates.Finding it hard to type about myself,feels a bit like school detentions.
    Still got a loft full of consoles and games.Does anyone still have a jaguar console or a dreamcast ? Dreamcast was fun especially with a dial-up connection.Sorry laughing now thinking about the bad or good old days.
    Anyways i best stop waffling and maybe prepare to be killed in some weird or wonderful glitch type thing.
    Cheers Rusty
    PS THANK-YOU YINKIN

2. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Rusty and glad to meet you. So where are you from then? How did you hear about us? What disc is currently in your PS3 at the moment?

Any chance we could persuade you to become a full fat member? Theres no commitment; you can be as hardcore or as casual as you like. I reckon a few nights in a game of your choice will soon get you gaming more!!!

Anyways, good to meet you and hope to see you in a game soon.

3. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Hi Russ and welcome, I wish I still had my Dreamcast its freaking wizard, only had aliens on my jaguar and it wasn't good :(

I'm assuming Yinkin has told you about this little plot of Internet greatness :)

Do you have BF3? Most of us will be on it tonight if you fancy it.

4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to our home, Rusty. :D

So, how did you find us? Was it through our BF3 server? HaloJ thinks she recalls playing with you recently.

I see you are asking for Ally status. This is our 'membership lite' option which is suitable for those who are already members of other communities and fly their tags online and gives you a little more access to our site. There is also our Full Fat Membership option (become a Senior Citizen) which gives you full access to our website and all its features including the chat bar system, a place on the VIP list on our BF3 server plus the change to fly the [SNR] tag in online games. This option is suitable for those who aren't in other communities already or wish to make this their main community and agree that by doing so they will fly the [SNR] tags rather than those of other communities.

So as Slaine has said, can we persuade you to go for Full Fat membership if you would like this to be your main/only community?

Anyway, apart from BF3, what other games do you currently play? We've got a varied selection as you will see from our Events calendar and we're also making events for some of the PS Plus games that subscribers are getting for free. Hopefully you'll find a few things that you can join in and if not, we're always open to suggestions. :)

5. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Ooh, A shiny new applicant. No......hang on...........he's Rusty. Ba Dum Tsh

Take no notice of Martok pushing you towards full fat membership (even If It Is free and really the only sensible option) It's just that he get's lonely since the corpse of the Wing Commander was returned to It's rightful owners by the authroities.
    Anyhoo, We can guarantee that he won't watch you sleep and stroke your hair In the middle of the night, The injunction took care of that.

As for Slaine, Just don't show him your bare feet, He may get all 'Gollum' and 'Precious' on you.

Anyway..... Welcome and enjoy your stay. :thumbup:

6. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Welcome Russ, great to see another new face here.

Hope you enjoy your stay and hopefully get some gaming in with you soon.

7. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    so you made it here okay, great , sorry if i came across a little stand offish when sent me a FR on BF3, i tend to pretty wary of unsolicited request from people I dont know, one of the reasons I love seniors is the fact I can avoid some of the idiot quotient out there.

Anyway I hope we can play some games together which have more than two people on them like bf3 was last night, not the best seniors night ever. What do you like to play besides Battlefield? We have regular killzone 3, uncharted 3 and battlefield nights, but we play whatever people fancy.

8. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Hi Russ,
    You could have have one of these as a full SNR
    [​IMG]
    BUT, half membership is fine.
    As well as Battlefield, what stratergy games and other games are you into? I like a bit of a varierty myself, especially racing games, you got any racing games?

9. Rusty

Rusty Casual Gamer

PSN:
    Rusty-Brains
    Thanks for the very warm welcome.
    Yes i found the bf3 server and died lots [thanks Haloj].
    How do you donate to keep server running?
    Will be up for abit of bf3 tonight.
    Anybody still play zombies?
    I think a snr gamertag would be a bit embarassing but it does look good,so i will ponder that one.
    Thanks again
    RUSTY

10. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    The rich bloke pays for it and we just take the piss by not contributing to it.

I'll be on it fairly early tonight, I tend to play on my own for an hour before anyone else arrives so I can get a feel for what its like not to die every few seconds.
    Where abouts in the UK are you from matey?

11. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Be on around 7 as long as Evan goes down ok, but Lyndz just told me I get him to excited by putting Sponge Bob on and fun fighting lol

12. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    But that's what dads are for!

I spent about 20 minutes last night pinned on the dancefloor in a wedding suit by 4 small boys who I think were seeing if they could hurt me.

It was nice to see one of their dads come and offer support by giving me the thumbs up and saying "cracking job down there"

13. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Good playing with you tonight Russ, hope to see you online again soon.

14. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    I was gonna vouch for Rusty but not once did I hear him swearing at Martok or Col So now I'm not sure.

15. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Good to play along side you tonight, Rusty. :D

As I explained over comms, there's a lot more forums available to full members and a couple more for Allies. Have a think about which you would like to go for. Whichever it is, you have a vouch from me. :thumbup:

16. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Yeah vouch from me too ;)

17. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Hello Rusty, welcome to our home.

I see you already have some vouches from others SNR, allways a good sign :thumbup:. I'll send you a FR so I hope to see you online soon. If you don't mind playing with a Dutchy ;)

18. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    It's a vouch from me.

Anyone that can put up with being on the same team as Martok that long is alright in my book.

Plus he stayed in for the long haul and let me knife him several times, sorry fella, I was determined to start working toward the melee medal.

19. shadstah

shadstah Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shadstah
    I'm a little late to this party, so...

Hello Rusty, welcome to SNR, add me as a friend if you wish, I'll be online sometime (usually on everyday but have been busy lately). Nice to see you here and we'll catch up soon :)

20. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Rusty messaged me on PSN to say he'd like to go with the full fat membership option. Col & Halo can then get to take his tags some more. :lol:

Rusty has had a few vouches and I know Halo is vouching for him (she's currently making homemade pizza in the kitchen). So without further ado...

Welcome to Senior Gamers, [SNR] rusty-brains. You should now see all of the forums and the chat system open to you. I'll stick you on the VIP list for our server shortly. Now go out and wear the [SNR] tag with pride (they are quite good, you know ;) ).

See you online soon. :thumbup: