1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

What games are you lookng forward to most?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Acegadgets, 6 Aug 2012.

1. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Things are pretty quite during the summer, but come september and the big guns starts rolling out thier big releases.
    Just been looking to see what I'll be possibly buying over the coming months and to be honest its early 2013 that looks more exciting to me with the release of Bioshock infinite, Crysis 3 and dead space 3 in Late feb, although they are likely to be put back a bit .
    Before then, I'll be getting Bordelands 2 (21st Sept) and Medal of Honour warfighter (26th Oct)
    Possibly interested in Far Cry 3 (yes I know i said the violence was OTT) and Need for speed most wanted (just because its a criterion game) (2nd Nov ) , LBP karting (9th Nov) and Assasins creed 3 ( 31st Oct) but may get these for xmas by which time they might be a bit cheaper.
    What have I missed off your most wanted list?

2. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Halo 4 ;)

Out of the rest of the releases for the year, I'd have to say its Assassins Creed which has got my attention the most, mainly because of the subject matter. I love the Assassin Creed games, and this looks like it could be the best yet.

Resient Evil 6 is the obvious omission, which I cant wait for, as well as Hitman.

I really enjoyed the Transformers demo, and my son is talking about buying it so fingers crossed.

3. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Out of all those games there's only Borderland 2 i'll be remotely interested in.

I've pretty much stopped watching the games market too if i'm honest and mostly stick to a couple of titles i've enjoyed.

Could have been interested in that Ghost Recon game that came out recently, but it looks like they fecked it by going way over the top with futuristic crap and it's nothing like the core game that Ghost Recon used to be a long time ago.

There may be some new exciting title on the horizon that interests me but currently i'm sticking to BF3, with a bit of Borderlands 2 (alright, probably a LOT of that) when it's released and spending a bit more time and money on other hobbies.

I'm hoping companies are now developing new stuff for the next gen of consoles and look forward to those machines coming out.

4. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    I wouldnt bank on it!! :lol: I can see endless sequels with slightly updated graphics. Still, I was impressed by the latest Unreal engine advert

Still just pretty graphics though.

5. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    The Last of Us looks superb, plus will definately be getting Lego LOTR. Playstation Allstars has appeal.

6. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Borderland 2
    Playstation All Stars Battle Royal
    Medal of honour warfighter
    Need for Speed most wanted
    Hitman absolution
    Far Cry 3
    Dead space 3
    Tomb raider
    The last of us
    Tom Clancy's rainbow six patriots
    Watch dogs
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist

All on pre order :)

7. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Two questions:

1. Where do you all have the time to play so many games?
    2. How do you afford it?

:lol:

8. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    1. I don't
    2. Credit Card

Still have 5 un played games :-\ summer and winter are when I should be playing but since my son came not had that much time. And thanks to Halo & Herman I'm addicted to Minecraft :-\

Plus after months of complaints to my bosses boss I got a small pay rise :) . not much but enough to pay for gaming. Just need it to get it signed off so fingers crossed.

9. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Being a huge fan of the GTA series, I have to say GTA V. I know it will come out next spring, but it will be a defo.

Furthermore the new NFS: Most Wanted, Far Cry 3, Assassins Creed 3 and Borderlands 2

10. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I play about 4 hours every night, I reckon I buy a new game for around £35 every month and sell one for £15 every month. So spending £20 a month for 120 hours of entertaiment every month is pretty good value for money. I dont watch or subscribe to Pay TV so have more money and time to play online.

11. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Gotta be Hitman and Aliens Collonial Marines.

12. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    The Last Of Us isnt out till next year, but I forgot about the Lego Lord Of The Rings game!! Wife, purse and log in to shopto.net!!

1/ My wife doesnt understand me
    2/ I dont drink (health reasons - likely to kill me now :cry: ) and Ive given up smoking ages ago. I dont go to football with my mates or work on cars, and gaming is really my only hobby. Ive given up drugs and high class prostitutes since getting married too. All this adds up.
    However, I lost my job so money is tight, but some of the kids are older and now my sons buy games and I borrow theirs, which is a complete role reversal. But damn these online passes. :rant:

13. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I must admit my gaming time seems less and less these days. I won't turn my playstation on to play games until the kids are in bed, which is meant to be 8pm, but lately it's been as late as 10pm.

Finances are easy, I buy very few games, probably just BF3 and Premium within the last 12 months.

I'm also looking forward to the Doom remake they are doing, that should be an awesome blast from the past and might get one or two of my mates involved in a bit of co-op, the closest i've been able to get them interested in shooters has been borderlands.

14. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    My questions were light hearted has since being a father (a good-looking modest one obviously that all the Mums lust after :evil: ) time and money are both in short supply.

Slaine hope your health improves soon, means I'll feel less guilty beating you when you play a game you are actually crap at :lol: .

15. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Blops 2 :D

Couldn't give a rats arse about the campaign or online multiplayer, just looking forward to all the custom game modes that were (are) so good on Blops :clap:

16. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Is that custom co-op game modes then?

Or is that custom game modes for the online multiplayer...that you normally don't give a rats arse about?

*edit - as sarky as those questions sound I'm actually serious because I only played the last 2 or 3 CoD games in campaign so I have no idea about custom game mdoes.

If it's that good i'd be tempted to pick it up...with the big gaps in my friends list now it'd be good to play some games with my real life friends who pretty much only play CoD...show 'em how a real gamer does it.

That must be due out soon is it? The last CoD game was released months ago :lol:

17. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    BLOPS2 is released on 13th November.

I see this one is set in the future, 2025 I think whereas BLOPS I believe was set in the late 60s. I wonder how it will fare with the futuristic setting?

I did wonder whether it was worth picking up BLOPS as you can get it for around £12 pre-owned or £15 new. Does the game have an online pass?

18. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    No cod game has a online pass, yet. I like spec ops and zombies in cod but its not worth the £40 to me as I just don't like the Multiplayer. I'm like col loads of my mates play it. Might get it when I find it cheap.

19. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    A lot of people who are BF3 fans seem to enjoy the gun game mode in the new close quarters dlc, well with that in mind i can only assume that they would love the custom games in blops.
    Most of you are aware that Wilks likes to do the occasional blops night, and those nights are almost exclusively custom modes, and i can honestly say that although the graphics, sound etc are not on a par with BF3, the fun to be had is on a totally different level.
    Out of all the games i play this is probably the only one where i couldn't give a monkeys about doing well in as i have more laughs in one 2 hour session of blops than i do in a couple of weeks battlefield. :lol:
    Plus you also get zombies, one of those games that once you start playing, soon becomes very addictive and ridiculously fast paced the more you progress.
    In summary, if it's the online aspect that appeals to you and you are going to keep joining randoms, then i'd say give it a miss, there's a lot of COD kids out there who will eventually piss you off.
    For people of our age it is a game to be played with your mates and once you get a full, closed lobby, i guarantee that you'll have a blast.

If you can pick up a cheap copy of blops from e-bay or wherever, why not join us for one of our blops nights or even have your own blops event, and see for yourself why a few of us love the custom games so much.
    If you don't like it, well just sell it on and get your money back :thumbup:

@martok- there's no codes that i'm aware of mate :clap:

20. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Is there any game modes that aren't so god damn fast paced? For those of us who get very bored very quickly with the likes of the BF3 CoD DLC...

I did like Gun Master the first few times I played it, but now I just find it tedious. I'm happy enough blasting through the majority of weapons, but once you get to the bolt action sniper rifle with a bloody scope on it the fun stops, next up being the randomness of getting a grenade kill. Honestly think they should take those two weapons out.

Anyway, I assume when you say custom game modes you mean you can set these up yourself? I recall the last CoD I played online had a similar feature where you could have third person view (which worked better than Socom 4 did) and you could set things like headshots only and restrict weapons and stuff, but still have decent game modes such as planting a bomb, but without respawns if you wished. That was actually quite good and it slowed the pace of the game down a fair bit.

I could go for a bit of that, might see what dodgey deals they have for this one, the last two CoD games I bought on release day and then sold two weeks later at a profit!