• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PC What a load out

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've played a lot of LOADOUT this week , its a free to play PC game thats been out for about a month.
Its very "team Fortress like" With 2 teams of 4 players battling against each other.
  • There are currently casual orc ranked matches. The ranked game mode is annihilation, and i get totally annihilated with a K/D ratio of something like 1:10. I've therefore stuck to the casual game modes where you are put in groups of similar ranked players. You can also play against bots in casual mode. Four different game types keep you amused with Blitz, Death snatch, jackhammer and Extraction.
  1. Blitz is a capture and hold various control point game.
  2. Death snatch is a death match in which you steal each other in game loot
  3. Jackhammer is a mode where you steal the hammer from the opposing base and return it to your own
  4. Extraction sees one member of the team tasked with collecting blutonium scattered around the map and taking it to extraction points.
You play for XP and in game money called Blutons which you use to upgrade your weapon components and equiptment.
There are 4 kinds of weapons to chose from and dozens of upgrades to make them as individual as your character. You have one piece of equiptment, this starts out as a grenade but as time goes on you can get turrents, healing grenades, shields etc using your blutonium.
Once you have a weapon you can test it out in the test ring, Take a look at my new gun.c Fulffies Puppy is named after my in game user name Fluffy Puppy. Other weapons in my arsenal are Fluffies poofy and Fluffies bunny. When I die, and I do that a lot, your gun is dropped for others to pick up and try if they want too.

You can also buy starbucks which is real money that it used solely to customise your character.
These customised characters are absolutely hilarious, the only problem is the pricing. It is way too expensive and at the prices currently asked i cant see them selling a lot of these not so micro purchases.
For example a new pack available on steam with a mardi gras theme to customise your characters is £27.
Individual items start from around £2 each. this is my only real gripe with the game .
Its a very fast pace game and I dont get a lot of kills , but its great fun.

A lot of the fun is creating your weapons and character, The latest batch of micro purchases feature some rather risque components which would be deleted if I were to post them here directly. So if you want a giggle you'll have to paste the url into youtube or follow the links from my channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQz9PsZ7DqPvykFJnbEYG3w

Eeen my female character is pIBA-QXshRU

T-Bone my male character is AxZEZs4djsY

I'lll pop some ingame footage up in a week or so.to try to persuade some of you guys to get it, If you do, remember my user name is FluffyPuppy . There are plans for private rooms and at the moment there are no comms, this is in the pipeline for the game. There is a lot of people into the game, take a look at loadout.com if you fancy giving it a try.

As a footnote, I've just deleted Fraps, which amongst other things is a rather outdated game video recording tool which only records in .avi. i'm trying bandicam, which you can use for free if you are OK with 10 mins of footage and a watermark on the screen. Saves me $40.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just a suggestion but Open Broadcast Software is open source and free, a little tweaking and you should be able to make great videos as long as you like with no watermark. I notice you don't play at 1080p and mostly 720p so you shouldn't have any issue's with it.

I like loadout but not sure I would spend cash on it.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Now that seems like a right fun game to play - anyone played it before and has any idea on how the weapons are put together?

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I played it on PC, even spent real money on it . Very much like team fortress , Try it on PC first and see what you think.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Should be good but remember ace your account wont transfer to the PS4 version :( played it on the PC a couple of days ago was still fun :)

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am still looking to find out when this is coming to the PS4 but there dosent seem to be a release date. I reckon this could re kindle my love for PS4 gaming especilally if other SNRs get it.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ill get it just to laugh at the hilarity of the whole game lol.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Details on ps4 release (from an email to me):

Hey Loadout fans!
It’s official!!! Edge of Reality is preparing to deliver its payload of Loadout goodness onto PlayStation®4 on Dec16 in North America, with EU following immediately after!

We’re bringing our special brand of fast action, amazingly deep weaponcrafting and crazy over the top comic violence into Sony’s back yard less than two weeks from today!

To celebrate our release on PS4, we’ve created a cool launch trailer highlighting all the things that make Loadout so much fun! The PS4 version incorporates the new Campaign mode too, so console players will enjoy the co-operative missions against the Kroad aliens immediately.

For all the PlayStation®4 fans out there, we created something special to mark this special occasion. All PlayStation Plus subscribers will get the Loadout SuperFan Bonus Pack completely free! Show your team spirit by donning your colors while you slaughter your friends! And for those heading off to the PlayStation Experience in Vegas this weekend, we’ll see you at the show!

- The Loadout Dev Team

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll definitely be checking it out on the 17th

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was ecstatic when i saw this email this morning. Its a game i've been waiting for on the PS4 all year. Christmas is certainly coming early this year. Elite Dangerous on the 16th and Loadout on the 17th.
Hope I can find the time to play them.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am going to have to re subscribe to Playstation Plus to get some freebies for this game.

More info in the Playstation Blog