1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Wed 8 Aug 8.30pm - Killzone 3 - Old Orange Eyes is Back

Discussion in 'Events' started by Martok, 2 Aug 2012.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Another regular Wednesday evening session in the guise of the ISA and Helghast as they shoot the heck out of each other in Warzone, Guerilla Warfare and Operations.

Open to Senior Citizens and Allies. Prospective new members are also welcome.

2. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Beautiful South Lyrics on the go :) (kind of)

Might borrow aces KZ3 and give it a go :) provisional me ;)

3. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    A possiblity, not leaving Bristol until late, so may not get back in time.

4. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    I'll be there. Rather enjoy the Killzone sessions. More so when the game is balanced and not full of campy stat whores.

5. clarkyspeaks

clarkyspeaks Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    clarkyspeaks
    Amen to that Halo!!!

6. Jenxy_

Jenxy_ Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Jenxy_
    Hi all, we are having a Killzone 3 event tonight over at hopegaming. Martok posted in the thread and mentioned in the thread that perhaps we could party up.

I have no idea how many we will have as this isnt a regular event for us, I think we will probably just have 4 and we start at 9pm.

I note from your thread you start at 8.30pm, so as there are 8 in parties perhaps we could party up once you have numbers drop off, maybes around 10ish??

Also most of us that will be playing are awful and dont really have any idea what we are doing, so apologies in advance for that :D

7. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    More than happy for you to party up with us Jenxy and the as the numbers tail off is a grand idea! :thumbup:

What's the best way to keep in touch whilst you're playing? Slow typed PSN message or Twitter?

8. Jenxy_

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Jenxy_
    Either really but perhaps Twitter be the easiest. You can @ me direct or @hopegaming

I would have imagined that past say 10pm, we will just have 3 on :)

I am off work this week, so I will probably be on PS3 until late, yeay! :D

9. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Custom games are a good way to find your way around and improve your gameplay.

10. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Enjoyed last night as always, although having had a very early start, a full on workshop day and finally a 3hour drive home. I did struggle somewhat and a little off my normal form. At one point my vision went funny, doh. Lag aside on Mawlr Graveyard in co-op great fun and nice to meet the Hope ladies, apparently my random muttering didn't put them off ;) .

11. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Indeed it was a top night with the ladies from HoPE Gaming. :) They enjoyed it too going by the posts on their forums and I'm sure we'll have another joint session with them in the future.

12. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    Yeah a very good night and nice to see the HOPE ladies, makes good sense if they have low numbers and we have low numbers to fill a room together, can only be a good thing.

13. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Random muttering indeed. You serinaded them at one point singing 'Oh Laura where are you?' to the tune of 'Tell Laura I love her.' :clap:

Some great games tonight. Nice to see that even when outnumbered we we're holding our own for once. :thumbup: Laura had a monster number of kills on Akmir Campdrift. Mine we're 2.25:1 and I was holding back sat in the open keeping an eye on both spawn points.

Shame that as always the comms were shot to shit in the lobby but they seemed mostly ok during playing.

14. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Told you I was tired Halo, you know I'm normally the shy quiet type :lol: .

15. Jenxy_

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Jenxy_
    Hiya just wanted to pop over from Hope and say thanks so much for the games last week, we really enjoyed. I do love a bit of Killzone, will defo have to join you guys again soon! :D

Yes Laura is a beast at the game, Ive only played with her a few times, but dont think I have ever seen her not come top of the table, lol :D

Sorry I was so late in coming over and saying this, my tapatalk went all weird for your site and said that I had exceeded the number of log ins and would have to put my name, password and enter the captcha code, only with tapatalk there is no captcha code?? I haz no idea what went on but tapatalk does play up occasionally.

Anyway I logged on through the pc tonight, finally to sort it out.

Thanks again all, hope to catch you again soon.

16. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Thanks Jenxy_, we enjoyed the join-up with HoPE last week. It's definitely more fun when you've got a full squad going into a room. :)

You're welcome to join us the next time you have a Killzone 3 session & if Laura doesn't join you for your Wednesday sessions she can join us anytime.

Strange about Tapatalk, seems we've all had issues with it lately. I had an issue on Gaming Oldies where I needed to log in on Tapatalk again and Halo had the same on here too. Still, despite the odd glitch the app certainly is useful.

17. Jenxy_

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Jenxy_
    Yes I will definitely join you one Wednesday for a few games, as our Wednesday event doesnt seem to happen every week.

Still cant get on here via tapatalk, now Hopegaming isnt working either, wow you dont realise how much you rely on something until it plays up! :wtf:

Catch you guys soon :D