Wed 22 Aug 8.30pm - Killzone 3 - Radec's Revenge

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
In a total turn up for the books all the serious campers seemed to have taken the night off. Some wonderfully hard fought matches even the 7-0 win was a pounding struggle. Well played all and once more lovely to have Laura from HoPE with us. This time I remembered to send her a friends request post event.

roger947

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks for the games guys although i have to admit that i was totally bemused as to what was going on :?
I did notice though that there seemed to be campers and laggy ****ers everywhere, and was wondering if this is normal for killzone or if it was just a one off.
One guy in particular was really doing my head in,the lag he was causing was clearly visible as he teleported around the maps and i found it difficult to kill him :x

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sorry I didnt respond to the game invites but I was away from the PS3 dropping my mum off (it was on doing some PSN downloads).

And Martok, apologies I didnt reply to your message. Lets just say I expected as much as my hopes werent high!! :lol:

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Killzone does seem to suffer more from laggerts and campers. Having the full sniper kit unlocked gives you a one shot kill rifle and infinite cloak (until you kill a target) which leads to a lot of campy snipers. Reporting those that are obviously lagging does generally get them kicked by the watchful eyes of a mod (your Yaster sometimes) if they are deemed to be causing problems. The worse problem is it does seem to have got worse recently. :(

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
yeah the camping is definately getting worse, the proportion of snipers in games has also increased massively, you meet whole teams of snipers sometimes, or at least thats what it seems like and because of the damn cloak you cant see them til they shoot you dead. So many online shooters are ultimately ruined by snipers.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The thing with many of the snipers on KZ3 though is that they stay in the same spot sniping away, as a few did in several games last night. Once you locate them (which usually isn't too hard) then you just return the favour by sniping them back as I did. Very satisfying, especially when they respawn and still go back to the same spot and you snipe them again. :evil:

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yip your average sniper is thick as sh*t, always in the same spot. I repay this by being an infiltrator and sneaking up on them, before gratifyingly poking my thumbs through their eyebals. JOB DONE :D :evil: :clap: . You get such a warm fuzzy feel good factor from it.

Still my favourite online game though. KZ4 where are you?