• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

[Wed 19 Nov 20:30] Battlefield 4 - Final Stand

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The last (possibly?) DLC for BF4 is released on 18th November. Get it downloaded and come and join us for BF4 on WEDNESDAY 19th November!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Meh, I have to go away mid week for a work thing and won't be back till Thurs :(

On the plus side free food and apparently the bar is being paid for, clearly have no idea how much I can drink :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
'Ere, it's released today innit? So even though I can't play tomorrow I can play tonight?

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
'Ere, it's released today innit? So even though I can't play tomorrow I can play tonight?
Yeah. It's a large download though, so I figured an event tomorrow would be good. That way everyone can download it in time and not stress.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah. It's a large download though, so I figured an event tomorrow would be good. That way everyone can download it in time and not stress.
My internet is awesome so all I'll probably need to do is go make a cup of tea and come back. Maybe catch whoever on it tonight if they also manage to download it.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My internet is awesome so all I'll probably need to do is go make a cup of tea and come back. Maybe catch whoever on it tonight if they also manage to download it.
I imagine we'll be on at some point. :) There are rumours about @Martok joining too... :grandpa: :lol:

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I imagine we'll be on at some point. :) There are rumours about @Martok joining too... :grandpa: :lol:
Is @Martok still alive? I had heard a rumours he had been replaced by a robot chicken. If it is true that he will be gaming with us mere mortals , it shall be as if the very gods themselves walk among us.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If @Martok actually do walk among us, then it would be nice if he could pop by and fix my download speed. Seven hours to go now (and I've only been downloading for like an hour this far)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If @Martok actually do walk among us, then it would be nice if he could pop by and fix my download speed. Seven hours to go now (and I've only been downloading for like an hour this far)
Mine is taking around 15 mins on the downstairs PS4 and an your on the upstairs one (slower over homeplugs) though that'll probably speed up once the downstairs one finishes. I love fast broadband. ;)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh you poor little sweetie. Mine downloaded in approx 15 mins :rofl:

Bogus4Real

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Mine is taking around 15 mins on the downstairs PS4 and an your on the upstairs one (slower over homeplugs) though that'll probably speed up once the downstairs one finishes. I love fast broadband. ;)
Nothing wrong with my broadband, but the PS4 is connected with WIFi - that may be the problem here. It took 5 hours.

Bogus4Real

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
By the way, when I went on Battlelog this morning, I had 31 unopened battlepacks. Yesterday I had zero.
Something happened over night... :crazy:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with my broadband, but the PS4 is connected with WIFi - that may be the problem here. It took 5 hours.
Get yourself some homeplugs. I use Devolo ones on the upstairs PS4. The ones I bought seriously improved download speeds. You'll also benefit from bring less laggy. ;)

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
By the way, when I went on Battlelog this morning, I had 31 unopened battlepacks. Yesterday I had zero.
I believe that has something to do with weapon service stars. :)

Bogus4Real

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Get yourself some homeplugs. I use Devolo ones on the upstairs PS4. The ones I bought seriously improved download speeds. You'll also benefit from bring less laggy. ;)
Thanks, I will try that. Expensive?

I believe that has something to do with weapon service stars. :)
Okay, did you get a lot of battlepacks too?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks, I will try that. Expensive?
It depends on which ones you go for. I went for these ones because they have a gigabit LAN connection, meaning the speed you get is only limited by what you get through your mains wiring. There are plenty of cheaper ones such as these (and ones from other companies) though they only have 10/100 LAN connections meaning that you are limited to 100Mbps even though the data in theory can travel faster over your mains wiring. Still, 100Mbps is likely to be quicker than wireless - unless you have a wireless N router you'll have a wireless speed of 54Mbps which will also be lower if you have other devices accessing at the same time.

Take a look at the range on the Devolo website and check out some other manufacturers of homeplug and powerline adaptors.