[Wed 17 Jul] The Last of Us - ranking in open rooms

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There are a few folk who have little or no rank (and therefore not unlocked some of the survival skills or extra loadout points for the custom loadouts) as we've mostly played in closed rooms over the last few weeks. So this week we will play in open rooms. :)

This will need some organisation as the game is limited to teams of 4 players going into open rooms. It would therefore be useful for folk to sign-up to confirm they are attending (that includes you, @Dogstar and @clarkyspeaks and don't forget to use the sign-up at the top of this thread ;) ). We can then hopefully organise the teams before meeting up in the evening. As @Dogstar and I have probably had the most experience in open rooms, it's probably an idea if we each 'lead' separate teams if there are enough who sign up.

So, get your names down and let's get this organised. :)

Last edited:

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well that's me told! ;)

It's a fair cop but I'll be there and happy to lead the splinter group to world domination or having our arses handed to us on a plate :D

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I should probably apologies in advanced as even Ace is better then me at this game :D

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
6 signed up so far, any more? @clarkyspeaks, will you be joining us? If so, sign up above.

@Jkrohn1 are you able to make it for 8.30pm?
@zoob can you make it? I'm confused by your sign-up message!

Last edited:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Won't be on until 9pm but as ace leaves at 9pm I'll just swap with him :P

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Ok well I'll just play alone then :'(

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@zoob can you make it? I'm confused by your sign-up message!
Aye, I'm in. Had a shiftie at the multi on Sunday, was decent enough though I prefer Survivors mode - it's more in keeping with my play play style.

Finished the SP last night...

Last edited by a moderator:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Aye, I'm in. Had a shiftie at the multi on Sunday, was decent enough though I prefer Survivors mode - it's more in keeping with my play play style.
I really like Survivors too but with many folks being new to this we'll likely stick with Supply Run so that folks aren't sitting around doing nothing for ages when they are killed. We'll definitely do some Survivor in another event though. :)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I really like Survivors too but with many folks being new to this we'll likely stick with Supply Run so that folks aren't sitting around doing nothing for ages when they are killed. We'll definitely do some Survivor in another event though. :)
Should be decent enough with a good team with comms!
As per my other post, my foray into MP at the weekend mainly ended up my side being slaughtered by opposing teams with comms!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
It was a hint for @Acegadgets to sign up! :)

If he doesn't, you'll have to message someone when you're on as we'll all be in a game.
Obviously on the day there will be a mention of the two hosts on here so I'll message both and join the first invite :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Obviously on the day there will be a mention of the two hosts on here so I'll message both and join the first invite :D
I'll be posting up information tomorrow once I know who has signed up! Hosts will me me & @Dogstar and I'll then divvy up the rest between us.

Last edited:

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll see if i can get on tomorrow. with the weather being the way it is i just could not be bothered to play any games.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I will be on early and as jk says, he will take over when I go to bed.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hmm. We've now only got 5 definites signed up for tonight, which isn't really enough to have two teams. I'd therefore suggest that folk turn up promptly at 8.30pm and we'll sort if from there. If there's only 4 at that time then we'll dive into a game and take it from there.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry about that. I'm a twat. Brain like Swiss cheese...

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Sorry jumped on my PC for an hour lost track of time reporting glitches in a beta game then my eye did this uploadfromtaptalk1374104013695.jpg

It actually won't open :-\ joined but 4 were playing so I tried it alone this game sucks without comms and a team that want to be a team :( anyway maybe next time peeps

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I thought you were just winking at me ;).

Well we had more than a full room, and a most enjoyable evening it was too. Must admit it still takes me a game or two to start getting into my stride. Must stop shooting peeps in the shins and go for the head though :lol:.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Another enjoyable evening on TLOU. We ended up with a full room of 8 people, a mix of SNR and OAPs so we played for 1-1.5 hours in a closed room mostly with Supply Raid and a few rounds of Survivor. Hopefully this was useful to a few folk for whom it was their first venture online. Once the numbers reduced to just 4 we then headed into open rooms for some games of Supply Raid. Sorry @Jkrohn1 you couldn't join us, when you messaged we were mid game and it was also our last one as it was quite late.

Last edited:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah my own fault totally lost track of time, disappointed as I really wanted to play. Mind my eye is still broke this morning, at least it's opening now though just very sore and red.