• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Website upgrade March 2014 - changes and new features

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The website has just been upgraded. :D

There are some changes and new features that I wanted to let you know about.

Editor Toolbar
The Editor Toolbar has had some adjustments.
  • The Remove Formatting button has moved to the right
  • There is a new Insert... button
  • The Quote, Code and Strike-through text button are now in the Insert... button menu
  • There is now a Spoiler button in the Insert... button menu
  • All button menus now have icons as well as text
buttons1.png

buttons2.png

Spoiler
As well as the Spoiler code finally having a button again, it also has a slightly different look and some changes to how it works. To use the Spoiler, click on the Spoiler button in the menu (see above). You then get the option to add a Spoiler Title:

spoiler.png

Type in a title or leave it blank, the choice is yours. When you click on Continue, you will then see the Spoiler tags.

Spoiler tags with a title:
[SPOILER="Here is my spoiler title"][/SPOILER]

Spoiler tags with no title:
[SPOILER][/SPOILER]

You can then put inside the Spoiler tags you can then put text, images, videos etc i.e. all of the usual stuff that you can put into a post. You'll then get something like what is below. Click on the Spoiler button to reveal the contents of the Spoiler, click again to close.

Woo! Some text that you can't see until you've clicked the Spoiler button.

I told you not to look!

Multi-Quote
You have always been able to quote someone by clicking on the Reply link next to their post. Quoting several people's posts has required several clicks of different Reply links and could only be done in the same thread.

The new Quote link next to posts allows you to easily quote several people's posts, not just from the same thread but from any thread on the forums.

Click on the + Quote link next to a post and you'll see a message saying Message added to multi-quote. The link will have changed to - Quote. Clicking on this will show a message saying Message removed from multi-quote.

After adding messages to multi-quote, you will see an Insert Quotes... button below the text editor.

quotes_button.png

Click on this to see all the quotes you have added to multi-quote. Here you can remove any quotes, rearrange the quotes by dragging and dropping (not on tablets/phones) and finally add the quotes to a post using the Quote These Messages button.

rearrange_quotes.png

Automatic Image Rotation
Images that are uploaded to the forums will now be automatically rotated so that they are the correct way up (providing they contain the correct EXIF data which most images should). No more sideways shots from @zoob then!

Twitter & Google+ Integration
We already had Facebook Integration and now we have it for Twitter and Google+.This integration not only allows new users to register via Twitter and Google+ but it also allows all members to more easily log in to the forums or share content with these services.

You can now see these buttons when you are logged out of the forums.

From the Log in or Sign up dropdown:

login_dropdown.png

Buttons in the sidebar:
login_buttons.png

New members can choose to register using the Facebook/Twitter/Google+ buttons. Existing members can also log in with these buttons if they have associated their Senior Gamers account with their Facebook/Twitter/Google+ account.

Note: the additional Facebook/Twitter/Google+ integration is optional. You can still share content from Senior Gamers on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ without adding these extra features.

To associate your Twitter and/or Google+ accounts (and Facebook if you've not done this, click on your name at the top right of the forums and then choose External Accounts from the menu

menu.png

On the External Accounts page you can associate your Facebook/Twitter/Google+ accounts. You can also disassociate them at any time.

Smilie Categories
There are now smilie categories which can make it easier to find smilies. I've now finished setting this up yet but this is what I've got so far.

Click on the Smilie button in the text editor to display the smilies.

All smilies are shown on the Smilies tab.

smilies1.png

Clicking on the Thumbs tab (and any other tabs I set up in the future) will display only the smilies that have been added to that category.

smilies2.png

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
well done, gold star, go to the head of the class.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can we have myspace intergration?
:eh: