PS4 Watch out for this Black Flag bug

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
For ages I couldn't connect to Kenways Fleet or Uplay within the game. I managed to login to Uplay via their website, but I've been unable to play Kenways Fleet. The problem? Well apparently both dont work if you have over 99 friends. Unbelievable!!! Had the same shit with Assassins Creed 4 where I was excluded from the epilogue missions as I had over 50 friends.

Anyway, I pruned 4 people and it works fine. I hate deleting people as its rude and a real kick in the teeth if you're selected from the list. Thankfully the ones I deleted havent in logged in for months, so I dont think theyll ever notice. Still, bloody Ubisoft!!:rant: I shouldnt have to do this to play their games.

Moan aside, I have to say that this Assassins is the best by far. It looks absolutely stunning, it really does, and I really cant fault it. Probably the best of the launch games I've got to be honest. I'm currently harpooning half the ocean, and using the diving bell for wrecks. My sons completed the Xbox One version and absolutely loved it too. Ive still yet to try out multiplayer as well!!:o

Anyway I thought I'd let you all know. Theres a patch coming to sort this out, but as to when your guess is as good as anyones

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
i've been debating whether yo get black flag for ages. I dunno if i should wait till it goes down in price or grab it now.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
i've been debating whether yo get black flag for ages. I dunno if i should wait till it goes down in price or grab it now.
I'd say go for it, so long as you haven't got 100 friends:D

It really is a top game though. So much to do and see

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Did your son have the same problem on the xbox version with the friends thing or is it purely PS?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Did your son have the same problem on the xbox version with the friends thing or is it purely PS?
Hes only got 93 friends on the Xbox One so dont know. He suspects that there isnt a problem, but hes such a gloating fan boy its difficult to tell.

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'd say go for it, so long as you haven't got 100 friends:D

It really is a top game though. So much to do and see

Just bought it for £27.98 of PSN. Bought the PS3 version for 17.99 and then the PS4 upgrade for £9.99. so glad i heard about the game being in the 12 days of christmas sale.

as for a 100 friends i'm not that popular. I'm shocked that i've got 57

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm hoping to pick this up cheap in the New Year. Hope the 100 friends problem is patched.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So that's my problem with the game not loading uplay stuff. I should have read this thread a few days ago when i got the game. Now need to decide who to delete from my friends list

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Steaming through this now. What a game!! Best Assassins by far

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I haven't unlocked steam powered ships yet, still using sails, but agree its the best assasins game so far.

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Gutted i didn't get this at launch may pick it up next week

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think i'm only 18% into the game at the moment i spend most of my time fighting other ships though i have just taken my first fort.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My biggest tip is using Kenways Fleet. Best way to get money. Seize a load of ships and have them earn a bucket load of cash for you. I've got six Man O Wars so far. You can micro manage the fleet from a tablet too, so when I'm off the ps4 I'm still playing.:2thumbsup:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I dont have 100 friends im lucky if i have 10 lol currently sailing away in AC3 which apparently some people didn't know had boats ( @Acegadgets ) once im finished ill hit up 4 on my shiny and unused PS4 lol

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Last year I had problems trying to get my uplay account working properly . I seem to have 2 accounts for my email address, one on PS3 which i could not access and one on PC. So when I logged into my uplay account it just showed me as having a couple of PC games. I could not add acegadgets on PS3 as the user was already in use (by me). I send a dozen messages to uplay to try to get it sorted out, and just got automated responses and messages that they were looking into it.
I eventually gave up and had forgot about the problem. The 100 friends bug just seems to be a PS4 problem, I actually had 88 friends so this wasnt the problem in the game for my limited access, it was the fact that I was not registered as a PS3 user so I couldn't play the online parts of the game including the kenway fleet thing on single player. I filed another report about it yesterday, and low and behold, when I switched the game on after a couple of hours someone had actually read my message , unlinked acegadgets on PS3 on the account I couldn't access so I could then add the username to my Uplay account.
So now, I can play ubisofts online games, which is excellent as most of the next gen games that I will be getting in few months seem to be Ubisofts.
Back to AC 4 and the kenway fleet,
Question, I capture ships, add them to my fleet, then what?

Last edited by a moderator:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Send them off on missions for money

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Finally completed this. Bloody good game, it really was. I also did COD Ghosts this weekend too, which was pretty good fun.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Finally completed this. Bloody good game, it really was. I also did COD Ghosts this weekend too, which was pretty good fun.
Did you manage to get 100% ? Im at about 76% so far.

I found that I wasnt spending any money (seemed to get enough from enemy ships) so gave up with the fleet thing.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Did you manage to get 100% ? Im at about 76% so far.

I found that I wasnt spending any money (seemed to get enough from enemy ships) so gave up with the fleet thing.
I did the legendary ships, which is impossible without upgrading your ship. I never got 100% as some of the side missions were just too hard for me