Multi Watch Dogs

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Watch Dogs multiplayer gameplay video shows hacker hunting

New Watch Dogs gameplay footage has emerged online, offering the clearest look yet at the game's multiplayer hacking mechanics.

The footage appeared - and was quickly pulled from - Ubisoft YouTube channels in what appears to be perhaps an unintended leak.

The video shows protagonist Aiden tracking down a hacker - under the control of an online player - before showing what it's like with the roles revered and Aiden trying to stay hidden as he hacks another player.

In our E3 Watch Dogs preview, we said the game combines the best bits of Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed, transported to a cyberpunk cauldron where anything can be used as a weapon.

Source: CVG

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New Watch_Dogs trailer rules the city

Hey guys! We were pumped to share the Honoured trailer for Watch Dogs earlier this month, and now I’m here with some new gameplay footage that’ll give you the rundown on how to operate in the world of the game.

As you may know, Watch Dogs‘ interpretation of Chicago is a web of technological connections, all overseen and managed by ctOS, a piece of centralized software designed to watch over the city and keep it running smoothly. ctOS controls everything from emergency response to the network of indoor and outdoor security cameras dotting the urban landscape.

In the hands of a skilled hacker and strategist like Aiden Pearce, ctOS means nearly unlimited power. And in your hands, it means incredibly fun and engaging open-world gameplay.

Check out the Watch Dogs hacking featurette:

Whether you’re looking for a tactical advantage in stealth and strategy or just a bit of gossip mongering through strangers’ private texts and scandalous emails, hacking into ctOS gives you total access, and it’s an amazing feeling to play with all that power.

In the next episode, you’ll be learning all about Chicago, both as a city under constant surveillance and as a living, breathing entity in Watch Dogs. It’s going to be pretty great, so keep an eye out for it right here.

For now, you can pre-order Watch Dogs on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 to be among the first to explore its open world. To get your copy, visit our official website.

And you can keep up with all the latest news and updates on the Watch_Dogs Facebook page, or follow us on Twitter or Instagram. Until next time!

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but this game feels too complex for my immediate fix game needs, so not on my radar at all.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but this game feels too complex for my immediate fix game needs, so not on my radar at all.
I remember feeling the same about Assassins Creed when I first saw it, and all of the games are quite easy and completeable. If that's a word.:D

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I remember feeling the same about Assassins Creed when I first saw it, and all of the games are quite easy and completeable. If that's a word.:D
@slain you have to remember @SHROUD isn't too clever in the first place :D

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have to agree I felt the same way about AC, it looked awesome but looked as though it would take a lot of time and effort.

Although thinking back I think the first game did feel a bit like that for the opening hour or two, then it would gel and you'd be flying...the other games in the series have been far better in this respect and as this game looks to have a lot of the same engine powering it no doubt it will also be a game with huge depth yet easily accessible.

Not on my radar either, truth be told....this is definitely another one for the PS+ freebie list for me, along with everything i've seen so far where i'd only really be interested in the single player story.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You don't need to be clever when you're as beautiful as I :lol:

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
A new trailer was released at Gamescomo yesterday...

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New Watch_Dogs video shows player freedom and multiplayer features

In the latest Watch_Dogs video below, we get a first look at some of the experiences you’ll encounter when free-roaming through Chicago. While the main storyline is packed with great missions and intriguing characters, there are plenty of unique scenarios you’ll encounter while simply exploring the world. Let’s have a look at some of them.

At the beginning of the video, Animation Director Colin Graham says that what we see is not a mission, but rather a part of the living city experience that’s only offered in Watch_Dogs.

All the activities you see above are, as he says, totally systemic, and can happen at any time and in any place. As the player, you have total freedom to engage with them or not, and you can do so in any way you want.

But remember, your actions will be recorded throughout the campaign, and they’ll have consequences. And as Colin mentions, the AI is totally unpredictable, so a single variable can trigger a foot chase, a violent altercation, a car chase, etc. The possibilities are almost endless, so choose carefully when faced with a sticky situation, or you could end up regretting the results.

We also got a glimpse of one of the many multiplayer functions that Watch_Dogs will offer: the possibility to invade or get invaded by other players. So if you ever want to take a break from wandering in Chicago, you can always drop into another hacker’s game and see what they’re up to. Who knows, maybe you’ll be able to extract some valuable information. But be discreet in your actions; you could also end up a target.

Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get more details and information on Watch_Dogs.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Was never really fussed about this game, Might have to have a looksee at some of these vids.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
It reminds me of Assassins Creed just now rather then before lol

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I watched all of these vids and then cancelled my GTA V preorder In favour of this on the PS4.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I watched all of these vids and then cancelled my GTA V preorder In favour of this on the PS4.
Loved the look of it since the first video, never really been fussed with GTA V but that might just be as Watchdogs is new.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New Watch Dogs gameplay from the Tokyo Game Show Sony stage demo.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Watch Dogs boss compares its Chicago map to GTA5's scale
“We have a huge world but it's more about the density.”

Watch Dogs creative director Jonathan Morin has compared the game's fictional version of Chicago to Rockstar's chart-storming epic Grand Theft Auto 5.

Morin wouldn't speak to the exact size of Watch Dogs' Chicago map, but promised that its environment would offer a "huge density".

"One thing I wanted to promote with Watch Dogs was density, a lot more than scale," Morin told Eurogamer during an interview conducted today at EGX 2013. "We have a big city but one thing a lot of games aren't exploring is the shared density of it.

"[In Watch Dogs] you can stand still and profile people for ten minutes - you're playing without moving, almost. I think that's even more important to me than just adding size to it. I don't want size just becoming a space between A and B. We have a huge world but it's more about the density."

Having such an enormous world made sense for a game like Grand Theft Auto 5, Morin continued, because of its inclusion of aeroplanes - something Watch Dogs won't offer.

"GTA5 has a huge world but it has flying, it has jets so it serves that purpose. You don't have a jet unless you have the space to fly into. Us, we have huge density, so if we double or triple the scale then you're going to start hitting repetition because we wanted to aim for the density first. We wanted the game to be the right size for that density, so it's a matter of balancing what you want to achieve."

In Watch Dog's dense world will be missions which tightly-bind gameplay with the environment, something Morin says has been helped by conversations with Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed team. With that franchise about to hit its sixth major instalment, Watch Dogs is able to take advantage of knowledge learnt since that series' now-primitive first release.

"It's great to have the guys who did Assassin's in the same studio," Morin explained. "We can always questions about what gamers liked, why they made those decisions. What really helps is those conversations. Watch Dogs is obviously a very different beast, especially from a gameplay standpoint, but one of things that helped is binding the gameplay to the world.

"It's especially important to us as we're selling the idea of hacking a city. It would have been lame if we'd done that and you'd never have to go anywhere to connect your sh** together. That would have been bizarre. But there's plenty of know-how at Ubisoft Montreal that has been useful."

One of the main differences from Assassin's Creed is Watch Dogs' inclusion of multiplayer elements in the game's main world. Ubisoft has already shown other online players appearing in your world stalking you - and vice versa. Other modes remain "under wraps" Morin hinted. A fully free roam offering, perhaps? "We'll see about that," he smiles.

You'll be able to customise main character Aiden Pearce's look to some degree, but Ubisoft's main customisation focus will be on his skill tree, Morin continued.

"You're going to be able to change Aiden's look a bit but the biggest element of customisation is his skill tree - deciding on which way you want to progress, which skills you want to progress. And then there's tons of guns and cars to choose from as well, so it's more about your loadout. We're not pushing for the micro-customisation of cars or guns."

And as for the look of the game, Morin expects the PC build to remain the best-looking version, with Wii U's graphical fidelity lying somewhere in between current and next-gen offerings.

"I think it's even going to be a bit better. If you pump the PC to its maximum there are things in the filtering and rendering that I think are possible on high-end PCs that are pretty amazing. Wii U is pretty much in-between - it's neither of them, not current-gen, maybe closer to current-gen than next-gen."

Source: Eurogamer

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Watch Dogs delayed until spring 2014
"We struggled with whether we would."

Ambitious open world adventure Watch Dogs has been delayed until spring 2014 on all platforms, publisher Ubisoft has announced.

The game had been due to launch in just over a month's time - on 22nd November for PC, PlayStation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360. It was also set to be a launch title for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Indeed, launch day PS4s had been offered in a bundle with the game.

In a statement on the delay from Watch Dogs' development team, Ubisoft said that it had made the decision to make sure the game launched without a compromise in quality.

"Our ambition from the start with Watch Dogs has been to deliver something that embodies what we wanted to see in the next-generation of gaming. It is with this in mind that we've made the tough decision to delay the release until Spring 2014," Ubisoft said.

"We know a lot of you are probably wondering 'why now?' We struggled with whether we would delay the game. But from the beginning, we have adopted the attitude that we will not compromise on quality. As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune every detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience.

"We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you. We thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the way you respond on the web, at events, press conferences and during other opportunities we have to interact. Your passion is what drives us.

"We can't wait to see you in Chicago next Spring. We are confident you'll love this game as much as we love working on it."

Ubisoft still has the launch of Assassin's Creed 4 in November - which will now surely get more breathing room. And it has, of course, been a busy month for open world games, with the enormous launch of Grand Theft Auto 5.

Source: Eurogamer

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
****ing marvellous! I have the Watch dogs PS4 bundle pre ordered, Hopefully Shopto will see me right.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Waiting for them to get the next bundle up expecting them to change WD for Assassin Creed as it's a Ubisoft game and similar lol