WARNING: Noob Alert

Gnashergrrrrr

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
A BIG hello to all you SNR gamers out their.

I am John, AKA 'Gnashergrrrrr'. a 56 year old gamer (yes a right old git eh).

First started gaming in the late 70's (That Pong game) and its just carried on from their.

I own 36 consols in total, yes, I am a bit of a small time collector. Although I can be found mostly on my PS4.

Found your website through a google websearch in a hope of finding new friends.

Am looking forward to joining in with you all and getting some good friends.

Cheers
Gnasher

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
A BIG hello to all you SNR gamers out their.

I am John, AKA 'Gnashergrrrrr'. a 56 year old gamer (yes a right old git eh).

First started gaming in the late 70's (That Pong game) and its just carried on from their.

I own 36 consols in total, yes, I am a bit of a small time collector. Although I can be found mostly on my PS4.

Found your website through a google websearch in a hope of finding new friends.

Am looking forward to joining in with you all and getting some good friends.

Cheers
Gnasher
Hey @Gnasher, welcome to SNR.
Didn’t know there was as many as 36 consoles!

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Gnashergrrrrr awesome name! Denis the Menace's dog if I remember correctly?

Not so old really. We've a few around your age and a number of youngers (30s - 40s) too.

That is a hell of a lot of consoles! I've chopped mine in for one reason or another over the years mainly for discounts on controllers that we (myself and @Martok) used to go through quite a lot of.

So what you playing at the moment? I'm currently hacking my way through blocks in Beat Saber and shooting zombies in Arizona Sunshine. Although Martok will attest to the fact the he doesn't see me playing much other than Hollow Knight or Binding of Isaac on the Switch.

Anyway, welcome I'm sure others will be along to say hi. The forum is quieter than it used to be before PSN Communities and Discord both which we have a presence on.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome, @Gnashergrrrrr! :waving:

Good to see another gamer who's just a bit older than me (us second half century types are the best ;) ), you aren't the oldest here though.

Wow, that's a lot of consoles! I've owned a few over the years (Intellivision was the first though I had a ZX81 before that) but didn't keep them. Still have the PS2, PS3 and PS4 along with various ages of handheld ones plus recently we picked up a Switch too.

What games are you current playing? What is your general game type? Do you have a PSVR?

@HaloJ and I have a PSVR each and enjoy various games on it like Beat Saber, Firewall Zero Hour and No Man's Sky. We enjoy a range of other games and I've just started on DayZ and will be playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare later his month.

As @HaloJ has said this place is a bit quieter than it was but we do have a nice bunch of folks in the community. I would suggest that you also join us on Discord - the link is above in the menus. There's a bit more chat over there these days as many find it quicker and easier to post especially on mobile.

Gnashergrrrrr

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
Hey @Gnasher, welcome to SNR.
Didn’t know there was as many as 36 consoles!
Hi Plaxinator

Thanks for the reply.

You may think 36 sounds allot, thats small fry, lets put it this way, from 1972–1984 there were 687 First generation consoles known to have been released. Now thats allot eh.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Plaxinator

Thanks for the reply.

You may think 36 sounds allot, thats small fry, lets put it this way, from 1972–1984 there were 687 First generation consoles known to have been released. Now thats allot eh.
Crikey, you learn something new every day!

Gnashergrrrrr

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome HaloJ and Marok

@HaloJ, you are spot on with Dennis the Menace and my gamer tag. I used to get a Beano Annual every christmas, wish I still had them. I did have PSVR but it made me feel sick, gave it to my grandson who loves it.

@Martok, (us second half century types are the best) Yes I totally agree with that statement, he he.
Funnily enough I used to have an Intellivision when I was a youngster but don't have one in my collection. Its amazing how graphics have evolved. In those days I remember being amazed by a few pixels.

I am currently playing Borderlands 2 thanks to Playstation Plus of which I never played when it first came out. I regularly play Rocket League even though I'm pretty rubbish but can be so much fun. Was heavily into Destiny 2 but got fed up of getting invited to clans and never getting invited to participate in raids or anything else to be honnest.

I wasn't going to get Call of Duty Modern Warfare but if its a popular this with SNR I would definately get it.

I don't have a specific game type, but as I like shooting pixels it would be anything that has a gun or bow in it.

Will definately join your discord and see whats happening.

Thanks again - Gnasher

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I wasn't going to get Call of Duty Modern Warfare but if its a popular this with SNR I would definately get it.
Both @HaloJ and I are getting it. I believe @Jkrohn1 too once he's decided on platform though that shouldn't be an issue as there's cross platform play.

I've sent you a friends request on PSN so hopefully we'll get to play something before too long. Currently I'm really enjoying DayZ though so you'll likely see me playing that.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome Gnasharrrrr, thankfully I'm still one of the youngest here 😜 I also had a good collection of consoles but whittled it down over the years could be a millionaire if I kept them and the boxes handy. I'm into shooters and I'm playing Borderlands 3 on PS4 , love the series so know how much you must be enjoying BL2. Playing Destiny 2 on PC although I can crossplay my account now so could play on PS4 and have all but shadow keep DLC. I'm a multi platform gamer so play PC and PS4, No Man Sky and Borderlands 3 are my goto PS4 games currently.

Welcome to the community.

You will find me more on Discord rather than here as I'm one of them guy that falls down open manholes looking at my phone rather than the real world.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Both @HaloJ and I are getting it. I believe @Jkrohn1 too once he's decided on platform though that shouldn't be an issue as there's cross platform play.
Looking at getting MW on PC but as Mart0k said its crossplatform so will plug in my xbox one controller and play with you lot on release.

Gnashergrrrrr

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
Jkrohn1 thanks for he reply.

You are right, I'm really enjoying Borderlands 2 and will eventually buy Borderlands 3, I'm really close to finishing BL2 so wont be long before I get 3.

It's a shame you didn't keep your console collection as they can fetch quite allot money if they are in good condition and boxed (you could well be very well off now).

Out of all my consoles I think I have only 4 that are boxed. You need to be rich to be able to buy these boxed verions.

Well I have now pre-ordered COD Modern Warfare on PS4 so maybe catch you in multiplayer sometime.

I'm going to be very busy on the 25th Oct as I have also pre-ordered Medievil Remastered, absolutely loved the game on PS1, and still have PS1 versions of both 1 and 2.

I do have a mid range Gaming PC but don't have may games on it, I have the free version of Destiny 2, a few steam free to play games and some older free games. My PS4 always seems to take over and my other consoles and PC just don't get a lookin. I must change that me thinks.

Will look forward to chatting in discord.

Cheers

Gnashergrrrrr

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score

I've sent you a friends request on PSN so hopefully we'll get to play something before too long. Currently I'm really enjoying DayZ though so you'll likely see me playing that.
Martok, have now got COD Modern Warfare pre-ordered so will look forward to playing a few games of multiplayer with the SNR.

Hope your enjoying DayZ, is it any good? I did look at a few trailers and cme to the conclusion it wasn't my type of game.

Got you added on PSN just need to get used to Discord now and hopefully will be ready to go.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Martok, have now got COD Modern Warfare pre-ordered so will look forward to playing a few games of multiplayer with the SNR.
Great news, that'll be a squad of 4 of us at least. :D

Hope your enjoying DayZ, is it any good? I did look at a few trailers and cme to the conclusion it wasn't my type of game.
I'm loving DayZ. It's not perfect by any means and there are bugs and some issues but I'm having great fun playing it. Fair enough if it's not for you but if you ever want to see more gameplay or ask questions about it, I'll be streaming it tonight and likely on my other streaming nights too. My Twitch channel is linked in my signature.