• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Warframe : Mesa update

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Senior Tenno, pull on ya chaps and get a slinging those guns!

Update 15.5.7 will be released on the PS4 today. There currently isn't an accurate change log but looking at the changes for the PC version there are some notable additions.

Alad V is getting his full goo on with a huge invasion push into the origin system with the Mutilist Incursion event. Also you can face off against him in the Patient Zero quest.

A new gunslinger frame called Mesa should be added. Rumours also that the Nova Prime will be released as well, YAY!

Also :
Emotes can now be added to your gear menu.
Syndicates should receive their weapon unlocks
  • Steel Meridian: Vaykor Marelok
  • Arbiters of Hexis: Telos Akbolto
  • Cephalon Suda: Synoid Gammacor
  • Perrin Sequence: Secura Dual Cestra
  • New Loka: Sancti Castanas
  • Red Veil: Rakta Ballistica
New enemies included from the Mutilist Incusion
  • New Enemy - Tar-Mutalist Moa: Discharges tar-like mucus slowing its prey.
  • New Enemy - Swarm-Mutalist Moa: Discharges swarms of infested spores.
  • New Enemy - Brood Mother: Spawns maggots that attack its target.
  • New Enemy - Maggot: Overwhelms prey with sheer numbers.
  • New Enemy - Boiler: Riddled with boils that erupt into spawn pods when hit
Customisation of your Liset's hull which can now be seen better on a new loading screen animation

Anyway, thats enough for now. I'll post the full change log as it becomes available.

Abs

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Mesa horny.
I'm not sure what's worse, the fact I think this is a Too Live Crew reference, that it IS a Too Live Crew reference, or that I think it's one and it's not.

Anyway on another note, shame on DE for releasing one of my favourite frames AND favourite weapons in one Prime Access pack.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm not sure what's worse, the fact I think this is a Too Live Crew reference, that it IS a Too Live Crew reference, or that I think it's one and it's not.

Anyway on another note, shame on DE for releasing one of my favourite frames AND favourite weapons in one Prime Access pack.
Personally I got Jar Jar Binks from it.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We've just stumped up for Nyx Prime Access for me and will be grabbing Nova Prime Access for @Martok . I've already got a Nova 'frame that I've forma'd and ranked a few times now. Nyx is usually my backup char when I run out of revives. Nova I use for solo void raids as she can get to parts other frames cannot reach.

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We've just stumped up for Nyx Prime Access for me and will be grabbing Nova Prime Access for @Martok . I've already got a Nova 'frame that I've forma'd and ranked a few times now. Nyx is usually my backup char when I run out of revives. Nova I use for solo void raids as she can get to parts other frames cannot reach.
As Skarpar would no doubt mention I have a "slight" penchant for playing as Nova. She was my Void T4 frame of choice coupled with Skarpars' Nyx depending on who else we were playing with.

She's just moved ahead of Loki Prime as my most played on XB1 now. Especially as she's so much better for ranking up weapons since they changed the way Molecular Prime XP is distributed. As well as the fact I've been running a lot of solo Excavation of Earth recently for which she is ideally suited.

Same here
Then I am truly shamed :oops::oops::oops:

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We played mutualist alerts all last night. I'm sure by the end of the evening the entities we'd killed the most were getting buffed as even on low planet alerts they were soaking bullets!

Loving the radial menu changes with the added emotes. Archwing still doesn't feel great although I'm unsure if the dev stream mentioned updates have been applied yet.

@Martok did indeed pick up Nova last night although yet unplayed due to needing ranked heavy hitters for the alerts. Looks great though and I particularly like the ability to change the Orokin gold tint; I wonder if that ability will retroactively be applied to older 'frames?

The changes to each map that has an alert on it are beautiful. Seeing the crashed invasion ship on the earth alerts was a treat! Those hive levels added a few updates ago are amazing as well.

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not a big fan of the Mutalist stuff so far, especially the enemies themselves. Together with the Ancients there just seems too much going on at once if a room gets too "busy" with enemies. It's all been a bit too manic to really grasp the different types of enemies and what is exactly going on, just spamming my ultimate ability and extracting, not a particular fun way to play for once.

Played one Hive mission on Venus with low level players and they all got repeatedly destroyed. I think I had about eight revives up to completing the second Hive but only one companion remaining. I then tried to complete it as quickly as possible solo but got utterly overwhelmed and used two revives before I gave up.

I've been using a top notch Saryn and been dominating in other matches, especially Defense, where one game I had 400+ kills and the other 3 about 100 altogether, and they weren't bad players either. I don't mention this as bragging but for the fact you HAVE to run a high level frame to have much chance of success.

After the Hive debacle I stuck to mainly Exterminate with a bit of Defense thrown in. For the Mod rewards though you need to last thirty minutes on a Survival against these enemies which seems, possibly, a little extreme. Especially as Survival seems to get significantly harder from the 20-25 minute stage now.

Pity really as the Electricity mods are possible C rotation rewards during this Survival but not sure I can repeatedly run this just to get them especially with possible clueless randoms.

DE look to have finally solved the XB1 update problems from yesterday so I'll probably be on that mainly but if anyone wants to team up to try for the mods please let me know.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We did OK up until the hive as well. Mutaliust hive is murder! I like the one of the new enemies, the floaty transport ospreys are great but deadly. Really not keen on the MOAs though and those clingy maggot things need to be larger. The hardest bit comes from the requirement of constant rolling to shake off the inflicted bleed effects which is just less time shooting.

Is it me or has the healer frequency increased massively?

@WetPaintGaming where did you get the drop table for mutilast survival? I've been unable to find it.

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Is it me or has the healer frequency increased massively?

@WetPaintGaming where did you get the drop table for mutilast survival? I've been unable to find it.
I don't have a chance to contemplate what's there I just Miasma and watch them melt :D

There probably is an increase, just to make it more difficult I should imagine. As much as I appreciate the need to change the Infested, they were very much one trick enemies six months ago, the diversity, combinations and sheer volume of them now can be too overwhelming possibly? Then again that is perhaps how the Infested should be anyway.

I don't have the drop tables I just got the info from the wonderful Wiki site: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Operation:_Mutalist_Incursions

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's the 20/40/60 minute mark I believe.

Rotation A is 5/10/25/30
Rotation B is 15/35
Rotation C is 20/40

Here's the Survival page: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Survival
Coo, I didn't realise the survival rewards were that complicated. I'd just presumed that A,B,C related to the map layout. :D You live & learn and now the drop tables actually make sense. :D

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
OK, got all the initial unlocks which then opened up a survival mission on Eris. It requires an 1800 score to receive mutilist incursion mod pack.

Martok & I managed 557 although he didn't get the points as he died rather than hanging on with the last revive for someone to make it to the exit.

There's 3 days left on the survival so if anyone else wishes to assist please do.

Abs

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Because of the problems of the Mesa update on Xbox DE have kindly given all players both a 3 day Affinity and Credit booster so I'll be making the best of them, especially as I have Frost ready (DE-Frosting?) in about 30 minutes.

I think the friend I play with on XBL is actually going out, (whatever that is?) this evening so we might be able to team up then if you like? I'll be in touch later with more details as I know them if you want?

You'll probably be wanting to run with a:

Nova for destruction
Oberon for healing and Hallowed Ground
Saryn for her proficiency against the Infested and especially Ancients
A N Other ........

I can play as any of those depending upon what you both would rather suit up as. I'd like to think I'm relatively proficient with the playstyle of all three.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As Skarpar would no doubt mention I have a "slight" penchant for playing as Nova. She was my Void T4 frame of choice coupled with Skarpars' Nyx depending on who else we were playing with.
Well I always thought that it was more of a preference to watch her shiny butt on screen than anything, I just thought Nyx's was nicer ;)

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I can muster Nova, Nyx or Saryn. Nova n Nyx are my best two. Martok has Oberon n Nyx available. We've both picked up Quick Thinking for that extra survivability. Martok tends to run with Siphon Filter and I tend to run with Rejuvenation. Be happy to have a go this evening if your able.

Recruiting for a forth, anyone cleared out enough mutilist invasions?

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'd offer Trinity, Ember or Nekros but I probably won't be able to make It :(