Warframe - Free to Play co-op shooter

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else here who plays PC games has tried this, i'm thinking specifically @Acegadgets as it's co-op it'll be a lot more forgiving than a player vs player shooter.

It's a third person shooter that has an emphasis on ninja style melee and wall running/jumping kind of stuff.

It's quite enjoyable shooter with very impressive graphics and frame rates, it's very corridor and room based, it reminds me of the older FPS games like Doom in that respect, rather than being very open world, this is possibly why I can keep very high frame rates with nice graphics.

Anyway as it's free to play it's probably worth a try since you've got nothing to lose and it's available on Steam.

I'm probably going to be using this game to get used to the nav/mouse combo so if anyone fancies adding me on Steam and jumping in with me that'd be great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Warframe is coming to the PS4 - details in the thread here.

Last edited:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I'll give it a go later and see what it's like

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cool - I re-downloaded that Ghost Recon Online title now that i've got a proper control interface so will get that setup too...can't remember if that used the Steam account?

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
No it uses Ubisoft uplay login, tried World of Tanks and Star Wars the Old Republic on Saturday. Can't seem to find a game that hooks me in. Started Tombraider and the new bio shock and have literally played for an hour and there sitting there. With work and family time I don't have much time to myself and as I can't get to my tv until she goes to bed I sit surfing or playing a F2P pc game

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah no worries mate i've been doing much the same, just trying to find games that will keep me interested enough to let me learn to use mouse and nav controls.

some of the ones I want to play like Tomb Raider and Assassins Creed i'm hanging fire with until I get a better graphics card (potentially very soon as i've got a load of ebay listings finishing tomorrow)...but none of those will be played with a mouse anyway.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've a week off next week @ColSonders. I am going to try to set up my control system a bit like yours or try to get the motioninjoy drivers to work from that new link you posted somewhere.
I'll download the game on Sunday and see if we can get a game going sometime next week.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll download it and see what it's all about

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Awesome stuff....hopefully some of you guys will also like it.

@Acegadgets If you struggle getting things set up with motioninjoy I think you can use "Request Remote Assistance" on windows 7/8 and have someone (me) basically dial into your desktop to sort it for you...I think it works on and email invite system...

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ok, thanks, i,ll see if son can get it working first.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Awesome stuff....hopefully some of you guys will also like it.

@Acegadgets If you struggle getting things set up with motioninjoy I think you can use "Request Remote Assistance" on windows 7/8 and have someone (me) basically dial into your desktop to sort it for you...I think it works on and email invite system...
There's a site called Log me in which does the same

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Tried it last night, it's still a beta but looked promising. It's very laggy for a coop game but you can play it alone. Will try again over the weekend, they want you to use all your weapons all the time and although I have mods I can't put them on :-\ missed most of the tutorial video as my partner is a ass clown.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
my partner is an ass clown.
;)

Cheers for the heads up about that site for remote desktop....are you trying to insinuate that something Microsoft has built into it's operating system doesn't work flawlessly? :D

Back onto Warframe I pretty much missed the tutorials the first time I played, need to see if I can choose a different warframe to use or if i'm stuck with what I picked.

I kind of agree about the controls though as what JK said in the PS4 post about this game, it feels like it would suit a controller very well, but I figure that just because it's fast paced and accuracy doesn't matter all that much.

On a plus note I do tend to hit headshots the majority of the time, it seems very natural, particularly on stationary targets to pop them in the head, I thought using a mouse to aim wouldn't be so natural initially.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
;)

Cheers for the heads up about that site for remote desktop....are you trying to insinuate that something Microsoft has built into it's operating system doesn't work flawlessly? :D

It's only in there for scammers to use!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I used to use logmein to fix most of mates pc's saved me going to there's to fix them. Remote desktop is a little erm crap :D. Gonna get on this later and see what's what hope to start the tutorial again.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was hoping that a nephew of mine who lives 5 minutes away would pop around to my house one day and try to get either my dual shock or nav motion controller set up to work with my PC (I would even pick him up) as I'm really out of my depth with the motioninjoy driver installation stuff. Its so bloody complicated to get a sodding driver to work (or even download the correct one)
However seeing as he is always really busy / working / looking after the young un / getting drunk / under the thumb / etc. I'll download the remote desktop thingy so that perhaps mr sonders can help get me set up.
In the meantime I tried the Warframe game and found I wasnt completly out of my depth. Didn't think it was laggy, didnt really understand what I was doing but it looked quite good. Got a few points which i dont know what to do with and completed a few rounds with some other random noobs.
Sent out friend requests and started an SNR clan. Up for a round or two almost anytime this week.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Acegadgets I thought we'd be able to do this using the built in windows software, but apparently it doesnt handle internet remote desktopping without configuring it...which would be harder than just giving you a few clicks steps on how to get the controller working...so.

Here's how to do it in about six mouse clicks.

Plug your PS3 controller into your PC using a USB cable.

Open the MotioninJoy software.

Click on the "Driver Manager" tab on MotioninJoy.

Tick all ticky boxes.

Click the "Load Driver" button.

Click on the "Profiles" tab on MotioninJoy.

Under the Select one mode section click the one that says "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator"

It's as simple as that. If you want bluetooth connection it may get more complicated, but as I don't have a bluetooth dongle I wouldn't know.

If you do install software to get a remote connection, please bear in mind i'm a Mac user not a Windows user so it needs to be mac compatible.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I got into the games yesterday with J Krohn, we had a few rounds.
Didnt really have much of an idea about the stuff out of the game such as the different powers and weapons and how you build new weapons abd stuff.
I'm going to read this post and try to understand the game a bit better .
http://www.tentonhammer.com/guides/warframe/intro-guide-to-warframe

I'll be on tonight if anyone is interested and I will have ny headset working this time jamie.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Can't be on until around 8 and only for an hour :(

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks for the games last night Jamie. I'm starting to understand this game now.