The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Warframe Documentary

Discussion in 'Warframe' started by Martok, 20 Mar 2018.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    There's a new documentary just been published by Noclip that covers the history of Digital Extremes and the events that have lead to them publishing one of the most successful free-to-play games ever made, Warframe.

The trailer gives you a taster of what's covered in the documentary. Part one covers the history and the run up to Warframe being published. Part two should be available this Wednesday; I'll post it when it is out.

2. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    WetPaintGaming, NVranya and zoob like this.
  3. NVranya

NVranya Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    NVranya
    And here's a review of the (near)current state of Warframe in 2018, as opposed to old reviews which were not all that positive, but it gets a 9.3 here. It looks like it has come a long way and is not really comparible to what is was before.

I really should give it another try, but someone give me some time! :problem:

zoob and WetPaintGaming like this.
  4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    @HaloJ and I have watched both parts of the documentary now. It's amazing to see how far the game has come from its early beginnings. It also sounds like it was so close to being wound up at one point, especially as no other business (before Digital Extremes decided to go it alone) were interested and told them that it would fail (apparently no-one wanted Sci-Fi or free-to-play). Can you imagine life without Warframe @WetPaintGaming @Skarpar @HERMAN_JELMET @HaloJ??!! :shock:

If you've never tried Warframe, or if you've tried it some time ago, it's definitely worth looking at again, especially since they added the Plains of Eidolon. IMO it certainly gives many other AAA paid-for titles a run for their money (and it's definitely better than some of those).

IamNumber6 and HERMAN_JELMET like this.
  5. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    It's pretty much the only game i play now

HaloJ likes this.
  6. WetPaintGaming

WetPaintGaming Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    WetPaintGaming
    Well in the last few years I think the only other games I have bought are The Witcher 3 (GOTY edition) which is great but unfinished and barely touched for nearly eighteen months or so, Horizon Zero Dawn which was very enjoyable but is left unfinished and untouched for about 9 months maybe and Final Fantasy VII which I (re)bought on a whim and play very occasioanlly but having played it so many times when it first came out it basically provides a nostalgia fix as much as anything.

I admit there are some evenings I play Warframe just for the sake of it as you always earn something, or even just spend an evening on and off in trade chat while watching youtube or similar but it is still by far one of the best co-op gaming experiences I've had and hopefully continue to have for sometime.

Teaming up for Eidolons recently has been especially fun and enjoying the new arcane rewards you now get from them. But I also particularly enjoy helping people get stuff that would otherwise be harder or more frustrating to obtain and getting whatever little bonus rewards along the way for myself.

I don't know whether it's changed the way I look at games/gaming but there has been virtually nothing in recent times that has interested me, I play the odd free XBL/PSN game but none of those have even remotely interested me for anymore than a few hours at most.

zoob, HaloJ, HERMAN_JELMET and 2 others like this.
  7. WetPaintGaming

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    WetPaintGaming
    Warframe's Rebb Ford on Community Management - Extended Interviews

HaloJ likes this.
  8. WetPaintGaming

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    WetPaintGaming
    James Schmalz on the History of Digital Extremes - Extended Interviews

9. WetPaintGaming

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    WetPaintGaming
    Steve Sinclair on Creating Warframe - Extended Interviews

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice