• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Warframe: Archwing update

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
"Cripes, that's a big one!" she whispered after reading about the recent changes.

Archwing is a new piece of equipment that allows Tenno to fight in the expanse of space.

In addition to the above there is a new Warframe with dimensional control called Limbo.

Also faction support has been added to unlock special faction specific goodies whilst covering your 'frame with their stickers. Changes have been made to the mod system reducing the number of slots from 10 to 8 and removing all ability mods. Each 'frame will now be able to access all their abilities by default. If the removed slots were Forma'd the Forma will be returned. All ability cards will be converted to relevant power Fusion Cores.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

Last edited by a moderator:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wow, there's some big changes to the game in this update!

It's good to see that after a year this game is continuing to be developed and is getting better and better. Pretty good for a free game. :)

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Aye, totally. Warframe this weekend?

Further clarification of the 'frame ability changes. Abilities are now unlocked and ranked through the level of the 'frame. Kind of annoying as it means you can't now load out a reset frame with your favourite abilities as you now have to rank to unlock them.

The chart below shows the ability unlock and rank progression.

Screen Shot 2014-11-21 at 13.16.50.png

source : http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframes

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice, May have to fire it up later and have a butchers.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Bugger, this will knacker up some of my suit fits :(

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Bugger, this will knacker up some of my suit fits :(
Do you mean the builds? yea it does mean a bit on min/maxing on some set-ups but at least you can have every power availible but still have plenty slots to set-up the build (I think it was 2 more than previous, not including the power slots - or minus 2 in total)

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I wish i could get back into this, it just seems to be getting more complicated though.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Whilst I agree it's a shock after being used to the crappy old interface there is a lot that has improved @Acegadgets .

The Nav menu now has quick access to alerts and quests are activated through the codex once unlocked making that side of things easier. The joining mechanism and game launcher is much improved as well with an accept style prompt when the timer is started rather than you having to dig for the location to "green up."

Warframe loadouts have definitely benefited from the the removal of the abilities and putting them into a levelling unlock tree. Although that does mean you can't chuck in your fav ability whilst you level the character after applying Forma.

Not keen on the Rail conflict stuff though. Terribly laggy and far from the best gameplay but you have to play them to be able to deploy I believe. One day we'll get that rail down. ;) Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue........

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
When did the website get updated?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cracking update, it really is. The Archwing really makes it feel like a different game. 148 hours I've put into Warframe now. It's officially the game I've spent the most time with ever (previously Skyrim, FFvii, and BF4 in that order).

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've played a fair few Archwing missions now just to re-unlock planets for extractors. Getting close to requiring some grinding for Neural Sensors and Orokin cells after my recent build heavy return to the game.

Archwing needs (is getting) some serious reworking. You currently need a natural bullet soak to complete some of the later missions and even then will likely end up using revives. Control of the frame is terrible for assisting other players, the scanner doesn't work as expected either. Apparently they'll be giving each 'wing its own base stats rather than relying on the underlying 'frame stats.

Abs

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Only played it on XB1 so far and it's "ok" for me. Definitely a work in progress and something I'll play occasionally but certainly nothing that will take over from the main gameplay I think. I only ever play a mission or two before going back to the main game otherwise I find it's one of the few things I can find dull on Warframe.

I also have only just re-unlocked planets for my extractors, although I got SEVEN Neural Sensors on my second extraction of Jupiter ;).

Be warned if you are going to try for the LIMBO Warframe questline as it requires an Archwing and it's initial mission, and one you need to return to, is a 22-30 Interception. So you will need a really good setup to get anywhere on the quest.

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I still need to do this on PS4 so I may ask for some company at some point over the Christmas break.

You have been WARNED :shock:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I still need to do this on PS4 so I may ask for some company at some point over the Christmas break.

You have been WARNED :shock:
I'd be happy to complete the squad too. I love this game.

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I would love to be able to get back into this, but it seems like it has got more complicated. And I don't think I will be able to pry myself away from Destiny long enough to learn all the new stuff.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I would love to be able to get back into this, but it seems like it has got more complicated. And I don't think I will be able to pry myself away from Destiny long enough to learn all the new stuff.
It's not complicated really. You rank up your character and rank up your weapons much in the same way as Destiny. You play levels to get cards as rewards which you then use to make your Warframe and weapons more powerful.

Really Destiny is just a dumbed down version of Warframe where the mods are built into the weapons, there are only 3 characters (6 with sub classes) and the levels are identical every time you play them. IMO Warframe offers a lot more variety - lots of characters, many weapons with a variety of ways to customise them, a plethora of missions and levels that are different each time you play them. :)