• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Voluntary donations for site support

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've had enquiries from several members in recent months about voluntary contributions towards supporting the running costs for this website (and thank you to those who have donated!) I have therefore put in place a system that will allow any member to contribute at any time if they wish. However, voluntary contributions are just that and there is no expectations from members to do so. :)

Note: All donations will be used for the sole purpose of developing and maintaining the Senior Gamers website.

If you do decide to give a voluntary contribution, below is how you can do this and what you get as a 'thank you' for your donation.

How to donate - Account Upgrades
In your user menu at the top right of the website, you will see an option - Account Upgrades

upload_2015-9-1_17-42-14.png

Click on this link to show the Account Upgrades screen

upload_2015-9-1_17-44-14.png

Choose the amount you wish to donate. This will take you to another screen where you can make your donation via PayPal or credit card.

What you get for your donation
You will get a Donator banner displaying below your avatar in posts if you choose one of the Donation with banner options:

upload_2015-9-1_17-45-31.png

In addition, you can also have your own custom banner (you will need to let me know what colours and text you would like for this) e.g.

upload_2015-9-1_17-48-2.png
upload_2015-9-1_17-49-19.png

Note: The banners will remain until the end of the period of time for the donation you gave. You will get an alert to tell you that the Account Upgrade has expired. You can then choose whether or not you wish to donate again.

Finally
As I have said, donations are completely voluntary, there is no expectation for members to give anything. This just gives members an option to donate if they wish and to receive a small 'thank you' for this. :)

Last edited:

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I wanted to, but it's only Paypal. :( I don't really want to get yet another online account for something I won't use (except once for here).
Any chance of slipping in a pure Creditcard payment system?
Or else PM me your IBAN information and I'll do a bank transfer.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I wanted to, but it's only Paypal
You should be able to use a credit card already without a PayPal account. Take another look at the 'PayPal' page, it should be at the bottom. Any problems, please send me a PM. :)

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I only see 2 options:
1. Pay with your existing PayPal account; and
2. Open a PayPal account and pay with your creditcard.

I assume you mean option 2, but that would still require me to open a new account, which I don't want. :D

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Debit/credit card only payment works fine, just don't create an account at the end of the payment process....

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Debit/credit card only payment works fine, just don't create an account at the end of the payment process....
Oh, the shown info lead me to believe otherwise, I'll give it a go then and edit this post according to results.

Edit:
Liar! :P

The first message was:
"Gefeliciteerd! U heeft zojuist een PayPal-rekening geopend. U kunt nu doorgaan met betalen met PayPal." which says "Grats, you just opened a paypal account. you can now continue to pay using paypal"...

Oh well, water under the bridge. Just another account to keep track of.
And seeing it was already created I continued the payment, so keep up the good work on the site!

Edit 2:
For my money, can I also get a white banner in between showing =NL= in orange letters? I almost got our national flag complete :)

Edit 3:
Something like this :mrgreen:

Last edited:

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Did you not see the option to not create an account? Some might take offence at being accused of telling lies!

I made it through without creating an account so I counter your "liar" with plonker!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Did you not see the option to not create an account? Some might take offence at being accused of telling lies!

I made it through without creating an account so I counter your "liar" with plonker!
Well chaps, it seems you are both correct. :)

You can pay by credit card without a PayPal account in the UK and some other countries. However, you can't pay with just a credit card in some countries. It seems the Netherlands is one of them. Clearly PayPal don't trust you lot. ;)

For my money, can I also get a white banner in between showing =NL= in orange letters? I almost got our national flag complete :)
You wouldn't believe that this isn't as straightforward as it seems! As banners are for user groups, I have to set up a completely new one just for someone to have a banner. Then the way that the styling works with banners, it makes using white a pain due to the wrapping effect. Anyway, you've got one for the duration of your support and I'll play around with it some more to make it look a bit better. :)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@ChrissPeacock has also requested a custom banner so I've done him one too. I have therefore added it as an extra that you can have for a donation, and it will last for the period of the donation. :)

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@ChrissPeacock nope, didn't see, but we're both liars apparently :)

@Martok wow, I was only kidding, but woohoo, thanks a bunch! I like it :D

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Why isn't there a link to the donation on the main bar of the forum between the Senior and amazon store? Would help for those that want to donate, its not hard to find but if you don't know about it then it is :D

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've updated the information in the first post.

There are now user upgrade options that will give you a Donator banner if you want one or not if you don't wish to advertise on the site that you have donated. The option of a personalised banner is still available. Beyond this, there are no other benefits, it's just an option (not a requirement!) for anyone who would like to make a contribution towards the development and maintenance of the Senior Gamers website. :)