• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a multi-platform gaming community formed in 2012. We welcome all adults aged 18+ years, we're not specifically for senior citizens! Our name is just to show that we're not for kids.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Vehicle combat game Hardware: Rivals announced exclusively for PS4

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Explosive multiplayer vehicle-on-vehicle action is inbound

Hi everyone! My name’s Dan and I’m here today to tell you about a new upcoming game – Hardware: Rivals, coming exclusively to the PlayStation Store for PlayStation 4!

As some of our veteran readers may recognise, this new title builds upon the legacy of a PlayStation 2 title, Hardware: Online Arena, a vehicle-based online combat game that was one of PlayStation’s very first online gaming experiences back in 2002.

Here at the Connected Content Group – a new internal development group at Sony Network Entertainment – we’re all very fond of the original game (and some of the team even worked on it!). Armed with the PS4, we leapt at the chance to put a new coat of paint on an old friend.

We’ve taken the opportunity to introduce a truckload of upgrades and new features, but the spirit of the original gameplay remains the same. Bringing back the explosive mayhem and online rivalry of vehicle combat has been an absolute pleasure and we can’t wait for you to get behind the wheel. Check out our announcement trailer below to see what’s in store!

With multiple maps, game modes, challenges and special events, Hardware: Rivals lets you jump online for some frenetic vehicle-on-vehicle combat. You can go in as a lone wolf or as part of a team, and on top of our regular game modes we also have a constantly updating schedule of special events that add new twists to the game.

Fast Attack Vehicles give you agility and quick access to those tricky weapon pickups, but you can’t get complacent out in the open. Tanks are less nimble but can take a hit and bring hefty firepower and a formidable presence to the battlefield.

You’ll be able to challenge your friends and hunt down your rivals. Wear your colours proudly and unlock vehicle upgrades to tweak your ride to your own personal taste. Here on the development team we have daily debates over which vehicles and weapons are the best, and we can’t wait to hear what you think.

Keep an eye on PlayStation Blog for more information, as we’re going to be running a beta in the near future. It’ll be a great opportunity for us to get your feedback and welcome everyone back to the arena. See you there!

Source: Vehicle combat game Hardware: Rivals announced exclusively for PS4

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is great news! :D

I loved Hardware: Online Arena on the PS2 and I remember many fun evenings with others playing this.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
awesome, this was great fun on the ps2, in fact probably it's best online game and yes I have played socom. I really hope this is good.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I played the beta of this a few months ago. Its pretty much the ps2 game with a next gen skin.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I played the beta of this a few months ago. Its pretty much the ps2 game with a next gen skin.
How did you do this? I don't recall it being part of the beta trials that we are on.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just got an email. It was called something else, but it was this game. Next time my ps4 is on I'll tell you the name of it.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Martok it was called Tracks. Or codenamed Tracks.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is great news, the original game was one of the best online PS2 games, I know there wasn't a great deal of choice back then but Socom and Hardware:OA had it cornered, nothing else really came close to those two games.

Good to know that it feels like the old game, it even looks a lot like it with the retro cartoony graphics rather than going super realistic like the PS4 is capable of for the size of arenas in play here.

This is gonna be a definite purchase for me I think, i'm sure others who remember the original will also be picking this up so it could be a lot of fun.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I never had the internet back when I had a PS2 (okay, I did but it was dial up!) so this one passed me by. Will certainly consider it though, especially if there are a load of other Seniors picking it up.

Tktonny

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Never played this. Will have to take a closer look me thinks

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hardware: Rivals rolls out to PS4 next month
Vehicular combat revival pins down a release date following its recent beta run

Locked, loaded and engines firing. The lights are green and we’re good to go. Hardware: Rivals is coming exclusively to PS4 on 5th January for €20.99, and we’ve got some new updates to share with you today!

For those of you new to the game, Hardware: Rivals is an explosive, over-the-top, vehicle combat game where you pit yourself against other drivers in heavy tanks or fast attack vehicles.

Battle online through multiple maps, game modes, challenges and special events. As you take down your enemies, you will collect bounties for hunting your biggest rivals. You can play as a lone wolf or as part of a team. Check out our launch trailer above.

We’ve been busy tweaking the game based on your feedback from October’s beta trial, and also putting the finishing touches on a ton of new stuff. We’ve added another map, Outpost 92 – a frozen, deep-core mining facility drowning in snow and ice, cut off in the face of a blizzard. It’s the ideal place to try out our new vehicles: the Sledgehammer (Tank) and Nomad (FAV). They’ll be lining up alongside the Predator and Wraith, ready for you to unleash devastation.

All four vehicles can acquire a whole load of skins and add-ons that you can use to customise the look of your vehicle. Whether you want to trick out your Hardware with a bunch of military gear, or just put a hula-skirt on your tank, there’s something for everyone. You can also upgrade the handling and weapons systems of each vehicle, catering for whatever engagement style suits you best.

There’s more game content coming very soon after launch, including new maps, vehicles and game modes that we’ll be patching in as quickly as we can. We’ll also be publishing unique community events each week, mixing up modes, weapons and rewards, so keep an eye on the PlayStation community forums for more updates and previews from the dev team. We also put together a community Q&A based on some popular questions we received from our fans.

We appreciate the feedback and excitement we’ve received for Hardware: Rivals, and can’t wait for launch day to arrive. Keep the comments coming, we’re always listening.

Source: Hardware: Rivals rolls out to PS4 next month

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was a fan of the original but something was missing in the beta, lost interest after only a few games. I am not keen the new cel shaded graphical style. I will wait and see what content they add post launch as the current price is a bit high for what you get.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hardware: Rivals gets new map and ranked play today in free update
Mojito Bay and Ranked Play Season One live now, more coming soon

A lot’s changed in Hardware: Rivals since launch. We’ve added loads of additional content, and we’re just getting started. Today’s 1.10 Update brings two new major additions to the game, entirely free of charge. First up, we’re hugely proud to introduce our new map:

Mojito Bay

Soaked in a tropical storm, this Top Secret naval base, off the grid and hidden away on the uncharted coast of a lawless equatorial dictatorship, is the rumoured test site for a dangerous and unstable experimental weapon system. The kind of system that would fit snugly on a tank, say, or FAV. The kind that would cause outright devastation in the hands of a crazed combat driver, high on vengeance and hungry for war… Mojito Bay is live today!

Ranked Play
For those of you who’ve been busy on the battlefield, scorching your Rivals and eagerly scooping up Salvage for that sweet new vehicle add-on, we’ve got a brand new Ranked Play system to sink your teeth into.

Open to all players of all levels, Ranked Play will run in seasons. The idea is simple. Start off as a lowly Recruit and work your way up to General. Earn points for defeating other combat drivers – the higher the Rank of the driver you beat, the more points you’ll get and the faster you will level up. Unlock exclusive rewards for hitting set Ranks along the way. Get to the top before the season ends but be warned, this army cares little for past glories. If you lose your way and your kill count drops, you’ll face demotion. Only the very best will make it all the way to the top.

Season One starts TODAY, so fire up your engines and see how you measure up.

Given the insatiable appetite for MORE SPEED among you all, demonstrated by the immense popularity of our Super Charged Events, you probably noticed that as of Patch 1.09 we’ve just gone ahead and boosted the speed of all vehicles by default. The weapon balancing has also been tweaked to deliver more explosive and dynamic combat to compliment to the faster paced action.

Along with the twin stick shooter control system that debuted a couple of weeks back, we hope these tweaks have added a new dimension to the gameplay, especially for new players for whom the more expansive (but difficult to master) advanced controls could be a bit too hot to handle in the heat of battle.

We’re constantly monitoring your feedback and responding as quickly as we can, so please keep hitting the official community forums and let us know what you think!

And finally, just to let you know that we’re always thinking of you, we thought we’d give you your first peek at an even better future… Jackson’s Pit, Blister Lake, The Lost Temple, Outpost 92 and now Mojito Bay. But what’s that on the horizon, shimmering into view like a beautiful oasis in the mind of a crazed desert wanderer? What’s that, indeed..?

Coming soon:

Happy Hardwaring!

Source: Hardware: Rivals gets new map and ranked play today in free update

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Anyone in to help me get some trophies? (soon)