Multi Upgrade COD Ghosts from PS3 to PS4 for £10

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There are reports online that Activision have announced details of their participation in Sony's PS3 to PS4 upgrade programmes.

"Today we’re announcing that anyone who buys Call of Duty: Ghosts for the PS3 will be able to upgrade to Call of Duty: Ghosts for the PS4 for a limited time at a suggested retail price of just 10 dollars, 10 euros or 10 pounds," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing, Inc. "Retail programmes, announced by Amazon and GameStop allow our players to upgrade from the Xbox 360 to the Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts for £10 as well. We have also previously announced that for a limited time our players will bring all of their Season Pass Content and all of their in-game progress with them within a console family, for no additional charge. We have the best fans in the world, and we want to make this transition as seamless and easy for them as possible. And there’s more news to come on that front. Stay tuned."
If this is accurate, hopefully other companies like DICE / EA will follow the same plan.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If accurate it appears that it's a Sony initiative that they want publishers to do to help people move onto next gen and it's Sony that appear to have set the pricing.

So if this is true, BF4 for PS4 as an upgrade will cost you in total the same as if you just bought the game itself.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
"Today we’re announcing that anyone who buys Call of Duty: Ghosts for the PS3 will be able to upgrade to Call of Duty: Ghosts for the PS4 for a limited time at a suggested retail price of just 10 dollars, 10 euros or 10 pounds," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing, Inc. "Retail programmes, announced by Amazon and GameStop allow our players to upgrade from the Xbox 360 to the Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts for £10 as well. We have also previously announced that for a limited time our players will bring all of their Season Pass Content and all of their in-game progress with them within a console family, for no additional charge. We have the best fans in the world, and we want to make this transition as seamless and easy for them as possible. And there’s more news to come on that front. Stay tuned."
What happens if that "limited time" has expired and your PS4 dies a sudden death?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What happens if that "limited time" has expired and your PS4 dies a sudden death?
If that limited time has expired then you'd pay full price, regardless of whether your brand new PS4 is in working order or not.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well that's a bit of a bugger then isn't it.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What I was meaning was if you took up the offer, paid your tenner and got the PS4 upgrade, Then, after the deal expired your PS4 dies you would have to go and buy the PS4 version.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What I was meaning was if you took up the offer, paid your tenner and got the PS4 upgrade, Then, after the deal expired your PS4 dies you would have to go and buy the PS4 version.
Why?

Just download it again when your PS4 is fixed/replaced.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That answered my question :1thumbup:

You can tell I use the store a lot cant you :D
:rofl:

Lol - yeah.

That's the one distinct advantage of digital content, you can basically redownload it whenever you want, which also means you can delete games you no longer play but then redownload them again later if you fancy another bash.

roger947

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm a cod fan but i won't be getting this as i didn't like infinity ward's last offering.

Looks like i'll have to wait til november 2014 and see if treyarch bring out another blops and yet another helping of zombies.

One game that i do like the look of is this

http://warthunder.com/en/news/240/current/

The air battles in the trailer look epic

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Just redownloaded all my digital games so I (Miss Acegadgets) can sell all my retail games :)

Only a few games to sell

uploadfromtaptalk1377107707401.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just redownloaded all my digital games so I (Miss Acegadgets) can sell all my retail games :)

Only a few games to sell

View attachment 370
@Jkrohn1, when uploading images on Tapatalk, if you press "inline" and then "full image", it'll insert the image nicely into a post rather than as a small attachment image. Helps us oldies see pics more easily without having to click on the attachment to see it full size. I've edited your post to add the full image. :)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
@Jkrohn1, when uploading images on Tapatalk, if you press "inline" and then "full image", it'll insert the image nicely into a post rather than as a small attachment image. Helps us oldies see pics more easily without having to click on the attachment to see it full size. I've edited your post to add the full image. :)
Sorry buddy, crapatalk for you lol

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
The solution in my last post is how to do this on Tapatalk, it's pretty straightforward.

PEBKAC

;)
I know, a bad workman always blames his tools ;)