1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Up yer Ally

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by semiartificial, 29 Jun 2012.

1. semiartificial

semiartificial Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    semiartificial
    :wave:
    Application for: Ally

Gaming history:

A) Pong - friend's house
    Provided an early insight that I am the gaming equivalent of a serious dyslexic.

B) Space Invaders - pub
    Played it every week, never got past the third level.

C) Atari 2600 - my own, and still in the loft.
    Star Raiders, Air/Sea battle

D) C64 - another friend's house.
    Elite

… big gap …

E) PS1 –in the loft
    ISS Pro, Metal Gear Solid, Panzer Front, Silent Hill, Tenchu, Sled Storm, F1 '97

F) GameBoy / GBC – son still uses
    Tetris, Pokemon.

G) PS2 – still in use
    PES all but 4/5 preferred, GTA Liberty/Vice, MGS 2/3, Okami, Lego Star Wars, ICO, Project Zero, Psychonauts

H) N64 – played last weekend
    Rocket Robot, Mystical Ninja, Kirby, Zelda, multiplayer games with the kids, eg Mario Kart / Tennis / Party, Smash Bros

I) PSP – son uses for Invizimals now and then these days
    LocoRoco.

J) GameCube – played last weekend
    Killer7, Zelda, Paper Mario, multiplayer games again

K) DS – regular use
    Pokemon, Dragon Quest IX, Zelda, Mario & Luigi

L) Wii – spending as much time as I can to get through the excellent …
    Xenoblade Chronicles.

M) PS3 – this is mainly used as a media player, I have connection issues with online gaming
    CoD:WaW

N) Phone/IOS – every day on the bog or when mobile and I don't have my DS
    Anything decent that’s free

So, basically, still like my games but offline except for occasional TDM on CoD:WaW.
    Just as well really, because I’m crap.
    Apart from the connection issues with the PS3, family time means I’m rarely doing any console gaming midweek before 10pm, and never at the weekend.

Senior Gamers:  You know me from OAP.  Consider myself open minded rather than bloody minded but you'll be the judge of that. Happy Birthday.

Interesting that our company net filter has already blocked your home page and ‘About’ page, but the forums are still open.
    Most gaming sites are blocked at work – so always good to have another game site to check out at lunch.
    Hopefully (unlike OAP, and that's not a dig) your game-related forums are open to Allies.
    David.

2. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    Welcome Semi from another current OAP, hence I rock the green ;)

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Semi, and welcome to over here. ;)

4. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Hi semi, good to see that you found your way here and are willing to lend them a bit of support :thumbup:

5. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Alright Semi, Nice to see you again :)

6. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome, semiartificial. :)

Good intro BTW, plenty of detail in there. I didn't realise you were so old too. ;) I'm just a mere 45 years old!

I thought I hadn't played online with you on the PS3, or hadn't played in a while. What are your connection issues? Is your PS3 wired or wireless? What router and which ISP? Maybe we can figure out the issues, unless you've already discussed them over on OAP.

What other PS3 titles do you play besides WaW? Offline by the sounds of it. Have you tried the Uncharted series (excellent!) or Prince of Persia?

Regarding our forums policy for Allies, I'm afraid at this stage it's similar to OAPs. We will review things in the coming weeks once we're properly on our feet (and you won't believe how busy it's been getting things sorted here today, let alone in the last few days!) It may be a bit drastic, it is something I've been pondering on but obviously for now our main focus is on our full members. We do want to have links with other communities like OAP, Hope Gaming and others and as these develop, no doubt our forums will also evolve to cater for their needs too.

Anyway if you're still interested in Ally status with things as they currently stand then let us know. :)

7. semiartificial

PSN:
    semiartificial
    Yep, older than Ace, so that's his intro blown!
    I think Ace was designated to send me an initial FR on OAP for that reason.

I'm on O2, and have some well documented problems with their supplied router ... Crofty was in the same boat. I tried all sorts, and Apo dialled in to try to fix it, no joy, I eventually gave up. I've recently got their updated router so I'll give it a go when time allows.

Uncharted is one if the few games I've finished in recent times (don't have 2/3), but the PS3 is basically one long shelf of shame. I have PoP, virtually unplayed, alongside Bioshock, DMC4, Saints Row, Grid, NFS and others. Then there are the games I haven't unwrapped (Killzone3, Resistance 2, LBP 2). After PES2008 I switched to FIFA, which I've stuck with, and it's the only online thing I managed with an OAP - a couple of games with Crofty, using a long winded workaround for our connection probs. I did get SOCOM to see if I could get to grips with the OAP game of choice but ran straight into the issue of an expert online community and no offline mode to practice with. I still need to finish MGS4, which was the first game I got. I don't have BF.

Yes, go with Ally please, can't do any harm and I'll keep checking back to see how things are going.

8. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Can I encourage you to unwrap Killzone 3 and join the OAPs and some of us onlin on Wednesdays (if you can sort your online issues)? It's a frantic but fun game online and definitely better playing it with friends.

I'll green you up as an Ally shortly. Do keep in touch and I hope you sort your online issues we we can meet in an online game sometime soon.

9. ZXstampie

ZXstampie Semi-Regular Gamer

PSN:
    ZXstampie
    Great and very organised intro Semi! :thumbup:

10. semiartificial

PSN:
    semiartificial
    Yes, pity about that, had it a year now ... I'll try and make it my next thing after Xenoblade, and hopefully the new router will be ok. Thanks.

11. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    You're in a for treat. I actually think this one is the best of the bunch. Anyway, dont play the campaign too much or you'll punish us all for not playing it enough. :lol: