Board Game Addict
- 12 Mar 2012
- Reaction score
http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_115_notesNaughty Dog said:Patch 1.15 is ready for deployment! It will be made available across all regions globally today October 23, 2012. We’ve brought back Classic Mode, made some widespread changes to the Tournament system, and introduced a slew of other gameplay additions and tweaks. A full video recap of the changes will be posted this week.
Here is the full list of changes for those of you who still prefer to read first, watch second.
Patch 1.15 Notes
Deployment: Globally - October 23, 2012 at 7pm PST.
- Players will be appropriately matched according to Legacy level in matchmaking.
- Team balancing will now take into account players’ Legacy level.
- New gun skins for Tournament tier rewards will roll out over the next several months. The new guns skins this month are the Fireball M9, Dragon Sniper and FAL-SS.
- New Shade custom pieces for silver and bronze tier. The new pieces are the Shade Gas Mask, Shade Belling Mask, Shade Headphones, Shade Dark Vest and Shade Biker Jacket.
- Treasure drops can sometimes be tournament tickets
- Progress towards permanent tournament prizes now appears inside of tier screen menu
- There is a new leader board for single tournament scores
- Players can see all Players’ Tournament Tier in the scoreboard during a match. This will happen only if the player is ranked in the Tournament
- Spending a tournament ticket increases your treasure drop chances for that match. This also makes rare treasures more likely to drop.
- Players will now receive a small amount of points based on their kills and deaths for losing during a tournament game.
- Tournament formula change:
Points = [1000 + (100*kills) + (25*assists) – (80*deaths)] * [1.2-(party size*0.2)]
Minimum = 200, Max = 6000
Points = Points = [100 + (10*kills) + (2.5*assists) – (8*deaths)] * [1.2-(party size*0.2)]
Minimum = 100, Max = 500
In addition to patch 1.15 we’ve rolled out our Tournament FAQ page. This page will answer all, ok, almost all, of your pressing questions about the Tournament System. No, we don’t think we’ll ever add Wetsuit Elena or Pinkerton or Rika Raja skins as tournament rewards but the fundamental questions about what the tournament is and how it works will be answered there. It’s a living page so it’ll be updated from time to time.
- Classic Mode to replace Hardcore Mode
- Classic Mode details:
- Boosters on
- Kickbacks off
- Throwback grenades off
- Buddy spawning off
- No load out weapons so every player starts with an AK and Para 9
- Lots of placed weapons on the map
- Treasure drops over time so after extended play you will be guaranteed a treasure drop on your next kill
- A treasure will appear in every drop and “Just Cash” is now “Plus Cash” and will never drop by itself anymore
- Revenge grenades will no longer kill teammates
- Toggle in the customization menu to turn on or off the bonuses on your head gear
- 11 new taunts for sale
- Extras section in the main menu for watching trailers and purchasing other UNCHARTED games
- Block mesh lab maps can now be viewed in Cinema
- Increase Elimination only treasure drop rate. The affected treasures sets are: Sage Deity, Affluent Relics, Deadly Ensemble.
So what do you think? We have more Uncharted 3 Multiplayer surprises to free up and let loose so get ready for some big news in the coming months. See you online!
So, does this mean that the matchmaking will put the hardcore legacy level players (i.e. those who have been to level 75 and restarted several times) in the same games and put people like me who haven't even reached level 75 once in other games? What about if the party joining a room is a mix of legacy and non-legacy players?
The imbalance and mismatch of players was what killed this game for me (I always enjoyed the closed rooms we had though we didn't have enough each week to do this). I'd be interested to know if this has fixed the game.