The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS3 Uncharted 3 - hints and tips for better online play

Discussion in 'Shooting & Action Adventure' started by Martok, 9 Aug 2012.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    I thought I'd start this thread (in Allies so Shroud, Clarky etc can see it) for hints and tips on playing Uncharted 3 online.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I have difficulty winning 1-to-1 shoot-outs with other players, even when using the same weapon and despite being apparently accurate & also shooting at the head. So, how can I do better at this?

Also, what hints and tips to folk have regarding gameplay? Gaining certain elusive medals? Perks to use?

If you have any hints and tips or indeed queries, post them below so that we can all learn from them and hopefully make for a better online experience with Uncharted 3. :)

2. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    I've just found a list of all of the medals. It's useful as it lists them by game mode and then tells you the medal name, description and cash earned by getting each one. The tables are sortable too.

Uncharted 3 Medals

I've also found a list of boosters, both for standard games and for co-op. You can see what is available for Slot 1 and Slot 2 and what you get with each level of the booster, plus the medal needed to upgrade this (though it doesn't say how many you need for each upgrade).

Uncharted 3 Boosters

What I didn't realise, as this page shows, is that it is possible to have a Slot 3! :shock:

Finally, I found some information about ranks.

Multiplayer Ranks

Looking at some of those legacy tier ranks, we've been playing some serious UC3 players at times!

3. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    I find fleet footed is a good perk to have, being able to move a bit more while shooting gives you a little more surviveability. Also I found my numbers of kills rose when I unlocked a higher rate of fire for the M9, but only at fairly close range though, the downside is the constant reloading.

4. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    If your close enough when shooting someone and find your having to reload, don't smack 'em in the mouth. Job done, plus remember you can melee from above in UC3.

5. Macca72-

Macca72- Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Macca72-
    One of my older nephews brought me this down last night, really lookin' forward to the single player campaign.

6. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    My Tip,
    Get your son to play for you while you sit next to him with the headset on. People will be amazed at the improvement you've made since the last time you played.

7. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Single player is great, if you have played 1 & 2 you will love it :)

8. Macca72-

Macca72- Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Macca72-
    I played 1 and 2 and loved them, some of the graphics in 2 were unbelievable.
    There's a load of games out there that I have yet to play. I took a break from gaming for between 18 months - 2 years, I have only started playing games again this past few weeks(my nephew used my console when he was down staying)
    The whole online pass was a shock to me. When my nephew told me last night, I thought he was taking the piss :)

9. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Yep it does take the piss knocks the second hand value of the game down by £8 :(

10. Macca72-

Macca72- Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Macca72-
    I had to mess about with my TV settings a lot because of crosstalk during the first few levels, but managed to get it sorted. I was thinking that it looked nothing special, I then started the jungle level and wow! It looks amazing, not as much pop out as Killzone, but loads of depth and detail. I'm onto the chateau now.

11. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    My tips for this (and any shooter come to that) are :-
    1/ always keep a full magazine, no matter how inconvenient it is to reload. Its amazing how many people run out in a face to face.
    2/ always go for the head. Dont bother spraying and praying. Spend time and effort going for the head as whatever the game it always does the most damage
    3/ learn to shoot from the hip. Sometimes aiming can restrict your view. Learn to shoot from the hip in the singleplayer. Not only will you get a trophy, but itll serve you well for those close quarters confrontations.
    4/ dont forget melee. If you find yourself running short of bullets, then steam forward to give them a dry slap
    5/ if you find yourself up against it (ie two opponnents in a face off) then make sure you leave enough "life" to drop a nade into the proceedings. The amount of kills Ive managed to get from beyond the grave is ridiculous, and very satisfying too.
    6/ dont camp. Its sad and its boring. Theres no skill shooting someone in the back, and the shit doesnt work anyway. Always keep on the move, and fast too. Dont stay in one spot, as kill-cams can betray your position.
    7/ learn the maps. Obvious one
    8/ dont always push forward. If you find a side is playing as a team and is dominating a particular area, hang back. Go for the stragglers that arent playing with the rest of them. Besides, boredom will soon get the better of them and theyll venture out eventually.
    9/ use the comms. Again, and obvious choice.

Hope this helps. You too can become the mediocre player that I am too if you follow my handy steps. :thumbup:

12. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    well im still crap, at this and every other FPS. Im just too heavy thumbed with the sticks and just end up waving the gun around not hitting anything.

13. Macca72-

Macca72- Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Macca72-
    Have you played many FPS offline, if so, what difficulty settings are you using?

14. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Far Cry 2, BFBC2, Uncharted 3 (or is that 3rd person? cant remember) MoH, BF3, MoHW, Crysis 2, Resistance 3 think thats it off the top of my head. I do tend to finish them offline on the hardest difficulty. Im just a bit hopeless against anyone that has the slightest idea of what they doing. :grandpa: :?

15. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I've won awards for being crap at FpS games, really i have, the other founding members will verify this. I've yet to come across anyone as bad at these games as me, but i still keep on trying. Maybe we should team up?

16. Macca72-

Macca72- Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Macca72-
    I find that when playing FPS games offline I almost always use the sights, but when I play online I almost always shoot from the hip. The only game I have played for any length of time online was Killzone2, and it was always body count, so I haven't a clue how to play games online neither.

Maybe the three of us should form a squad :D

17. Macca72-

Macca72- Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Macca72-
    Finished this game last night, I thought the ending(I don't want to give anything away) was better than the ending of Uncharted 2. I am running through it on ''crushing'' mode now without the 3D. In 3D it looked good, but it took me about 1/3 of the game to get the settings right.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice