• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a multi-platform gaming community formed in 2012. We welcome all adults aged 18+ years, we're not specifically for senior citizens! Our name is just to show that we're not for kids.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Two brothers, different personality

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello all and sorry for not being active on the forum lately.
After quite many and enjoyable hours with Battlefront, I went back to The Source (BF4 that is) yesterday evening.
Turns out I had major problems accomplishing anything in the game I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours on. I hadn't really thought about it, but the tactics, gameplay and phasing is REALLY different in the two games.
I do love Battlefront, but after a few BF4 matches it got obvious to me why Battlefield is my true love. It's just more rewarding. Skill matters more.
Anyone got the same experience?

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
After quite many and enjoyable hours with Battlefront, I went back to The Source (BF4 that is) yesterday evening.
Turns out I had major problems accomplishing anything in the game I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours on. I hadn't really thought about it, but the tactics, gameplay and phasing is REALLY different in the two games.
I do love Battlefront, but after a few BF4 matches it got obvious to me why Battlefield is my true love. It's just more rewarding. Skill matters more.
I haven't played either for a while, but I agree that BF4 is the far superior game.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No probs. We've all got our preferences. I think BF4 is better too, but Battlefront is far more accessible.
But I also think Minecraft is one of the best games ever made, which I know is not everyone's cup of tea.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
A group of us at OAPs have gone back to Battlefield Sundays again and agree it's the best FPS out there now. The game is running so good now and the latest Dragon Valley Free map is probably my favourite map of all time, it has everything you want from a Battlefield map. I do enjoy Battlefront but after playing 70 hours but the content was a bit repetitive with it being only a few big maps. It's worth pointing out that the game is suited for 3rd person as you can dominate the indoor areas by looking around corners. I'm not sure whether I fully regret buying the season pass as I think it will have some great quality content by next Christmas but for now it's only a game I can play in short bursts.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite yesterday @Wilks. I wasn't that talkative and I even forgot to jump squad, but it was nice nevertheless.

After a few games, I finally got hang of the game again. The key to success is to hide I in armour ;)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Me and @DrewePeacock had a blast on this a few nights ago, also after a lengthy break and we were also terrible, but we both enjoyed it.

It's still got some networking issues (but then so has Battlefront) but if you can find a decent server it's a truly unique experience, we played a few games and even in that short space of time we had the "Only in Battlefield" feeling a couple of times.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
2 different gameplay types.

BF4 is for me the best FPS shooter there is at the mo.

Swars Battlefront is just STAR WARS!!! w00t!

Haven't really had enough time to get back into either, although I think it would be BF4 if I want also playing Minecraft with my kids, or enjoying Division in the mean time.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Haven't tried BF4 so not really qualified to comment but I do understand the sentiment.

As @c00ky pointed out - Battlefront is Star Wars & as @Slaine pointed out, Battlefront is accessible. Hadn't touched it for ages but booted it up again on Saturday & the waves mode is still fun, plus there seems to be a couple of new ones, so no complaints here.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score