• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Turtle Beach headset

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So, I was sceptical about people saying that Turtle Beach headsets were flimsy. Now I have to agree with them. I bought my PX3's June 2012 and have always been very careful with them. The left arm bit that rotates above the ear piece bit broke in two places earlier and all I did was take them off!

I tried super gluing it back together but it didn't want to know. In my temper I threw them against the wall. Guess what? They still actually work. Well the volume knob has fallen off, so I have to adjust the volume using the surround sound receiver. I went a bit OTT with some electrical tape in the end and they now vaguely look headset shaped again.

I wonder how long it will take before the right side snaps off as well. Must be made of seriously brittle plastic.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've got a pair of (wired, for shame!) P11s. Still seem to be standing up to lots of drunken abuse.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thinking about buying the P11. What's your verdict on them @zoob?

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Personally, I can't fault them. Do the job much better than the previous Bluetooth headset & no annoying echo-echo-echo aka PS Eye.
The sound is good, bass beefy & only complaint is that I look/come across as a complete t!t to the missus! ;)

*EDIT: Just having a look through the reviews & yes, if you get a little bit "over-enthusiastic" you can knock the audio controller, however it is just a case of clipping it somewhere suitable, rather than having it sat on your lap. The separate voice & game audio controls are great.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks for the link @Plaxinator. Some mixed vibes on there.
We're about to get the official PS4 headset in store next week, so I might go for that.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think these are the ones I have, only problem is they dont go quite loud enough for chat.
hmm don't have that problem with mine, if chat is a bit quite I either turn it up or turn the game sounds down but I find that there is plenty of volume on both.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have the tv volume pretty quiet and the headset volume to max and still not quite loud enough. maybe I`m a bit deaf

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I usually just mix "in ear" - usually plenty loud enough.