[Tue 7 May] Pick 'n' Mix Tuesday - NFS: Most Wanted

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Fairhaven once again beckons! Come and join us for some fast and furious driving, crashing and even more crashing!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
2GB patch folks - start downloading now!
I've got around 30mins to go...

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Royally fecked off now. 85% downloaded & I managed to accidentally power off the ps3 whilst packing bag for tomorrow. Now saying 119 minutes left to d/l. Wtf!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ah. It'll be virgin's traffic shaping as I'd downloaded more than 1gb in an hour during the evening. Fuxake. Unhappy.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
70-odd % now. Still saying half hour to go. Is it really so much to ask to get a wee online game? Gonna have to actually bite the bullet & program the auto uodate thing although I really don't like stuff going online through the night unless it is attended. :(

jonnywombat

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks all for a fun night of action. I think I managed to hit everything in sight, but never mind.

Nice to meet up with @MaccyC and @Alien_Chick for the first time. :waving:

Looking forward to next month already

Last edited by a moderator:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yes, great fun as always. :)

@jonnywombat - one thing I couldn't fathom was how you managed to come top nearly every time with a huge number of points, even when you only won one event out of the 5 and others won several. So, what's the trick to getting such high sp?

Last edited:

jonnywombat

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think it is because I dont play online much, so I kept getting lots of bonuses, drive x miles in car y, get x amount of takedowns in a row, get x amount of 5 takedowns in a row; stuff like that, and actually winning don't bring as many points as achieving bonuses. For instance one bonus netted me 10000 points, (don't ask me which, as I can't remember now) which was half my total for the entire speedlist.

My guess is next time we play it will not be like that coz I have probably got all the easy achievement bonuses last night.

Alien_Chick

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Was good fun. I haven't played much recently and I really enjoyed it and likewise it was good to meet up with jonnywombat. Hope to do it again soon :D

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Absolutely livid at missing this - sorry guys. Eventually had everything downloaded & installed at 11pm but the game froze at the loader.
Ended up deleting all the data, actually playing some Dragon's Dogma then Ni no Kuni then restarting the process with final success at 3am.

All set for the next racing session & have the auto-update thing enabled. Looks like it patched Super Stardust HD last night...

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think it is because I dont play online much, so I kept getting lots of bonuses, drive x miles in car y, get x amount of takedowns in a row, get x amount of 5 takedowns in a row; stuff like that, and actually winning don't bring as many points as achieving bonuses. For instance one bonus netted me 10000 points, (don't ask me which, as I can't remember now) which was half my total for the entire speedlist.

My guess is next time we play it will not be like that coz I have probably got all the easy achievement bonuses last night.
Sounds about right. The first time I played with the Seniors, whilst not coming first I always seemed to amass a stack of points...