The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Tue 7 Aug 8.30pm - Uncharted 3 - Going for Gold

Discussion in 'Events' started by Martok, 2 Aug 2012.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Slip yourself into the shape of Drake, Sully, Elena, Chloe or one of the other characters for another regular Tuesday evening session of guns and fists action on Uncharted 3.

Open to Senior Citizens and Allies. Prospective new members are also welcome.

2. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Guess what? Thats right I'm in Bristol lololol. That said the following week I'm good for both nights :D

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Well you couldve let us know!! This is the first we've heard about it.

4. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Won't be on tonight arranged to work early tomorrow and Thursday for the Vs Dads event

5. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    The latests v1.13 patch is being released today according to this:

Uncharted 3′s Biggest Patch Ever Detailed

It's not there yet but do check prior to this evening's session as I'm guessing it won't be a small download.

6. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    The patch is now live, 263Mb in size.

7. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    I'll be there tonight :D

8. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    Well thats was a mixture of painful, horrible, tedious and hilarious. I`m not sure what the solution is to get fun games on uncharted other than only playing with people you know well, but most of last nights games were decidedly unfun. I dont mind losing and I dont really care who kills me, but it is the fact that losing so badly in uncharted means you get no points and no cash so you cant even buy stuff to improve your situation and many of the other teams you meet on uncharted now are insanely hardcore you feel like sunday leaguers going up against the premiership, it is nolonger a contest, its a rout.

I suspect the problem is really that the non hardcore players have moved on to other games, so only the dedicated are left.

9. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Sadly I agree playing coop or unranked is the only way for me to play. And as there are only hardcore top lvl players against us low level the game isn't fun to play ranked games.

10. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    If there was a better levelling/game balance system in place to even things out it wouldnt be so bad, but powerplays rarely achieve very much, especially against good players and when the game pits teams with people who havent been all the way through the multiplayer ranks once against players who have been round the block 4-5 times the result is never going to be pretty.

11. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    I've not been enjoying UC3 in recent weeks due to the imbalance in the game. I had hoped that the new patch would sort things out but it'll only make things worse with the customised headgear etc that give additional abilities.

What's frustrated me the most though is the difficulty I seem to have in killing other players, they always seem to beat me. In a head-to-head shootout I invariably lose. I generally use the M9 and even when an opponent is using an apparently identical gun I still tend to lose. I've tried to be as accurate as possible, I've tried to go for headshots but it doesn't seem to make a difference, I nearly always lose. I'm nowhere near as bad as this in any other game.

I'm not sure that unranked private rooms are the answer either. These days we only get 5 or 6 which isn't a big number and there's no way to earn cash this way to buy unlocks plus no ranking up means that we don't unlock perks that other players already have and use.

Sadly I I think I'll be giving UC3 a break for now. I may come back to it in the future or I may not, I'll see how it goes. Right now I'd rather be playing other games than this, which is a real shame. :(

12. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    The annoying thing is the basic game idea and its execution are excellent, it has great graphics, it is very fun with the right crowd and it is unique. But it also fall prey somewhat to its own sophistication, the unlock and perks system is very much a case of the the best get better and better faster than anybody else.The new unlocks in the latest patch willsadly only make that worse. The truth is there are obviously players who play uncharted and little else, they are very very good, they are more accurate, they move with greater fluidity and as teams have tactics that are hard to break down, it is not juts about unlocks and rewards for playing longer, I dont feel I am losing out simply because they have better unlocks although it is sometimes the case, I am losing because I dont wish to put in that amount of time to get that good, even if my limited abilities as a player allow, so to be truly fair in many way my lack of success is down to me.

I still like the game, but it is harder to find the enthusiasm to play on against teams and players that I have no chance of even limited success against.

13. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    One day on and I'm now wondering in my disappointment with Tuesday's gaming session if I was a little hasty in saying I won't play this for now.

On the whole I do like the game and in a way I have a sense of loyalty towards it and the people I play with, so maybe I shouldn't just give it up and should try and stick it out. Or maybe I/we play it on a fortnightly basis, keeping it going but also having a bit of a break from the weekly event and a chance to play other things instead? Hmmm.

14. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    Thats the spirit Martok, not every session is going to be like the one we had on Tuesday, it is a good game, unfortunately some of the teams you meet are on the hardcore side.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice