[Tue 3 Sep 20:30] Defiance - Defiant Return

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
After a short break, Defiance on a Tuesday is back!

The attendance at this event will determine whether this continues as a weekly event or whether it gets played less often and is mixed in with some other games.

Jenxy_

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll be there, looking forward to playing this again already :D

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you haven't played for a while there is a large-ish update.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cheers for the heads up Mick.

Jenxy_

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm dont think Im going to be able to join you guys tonight. The drive on my PS3 broke a couple of weeks ago and will no longer play discs, so me and Wilks have kinda swapped PS'3's as he mainly plays BF3 which he has downloaded so this is fine to play on the broken PS3.

I just put Defiance in the other PS3 forgetting that I have never played it on that console before and now I have to install the game and do all the patches, which is probs going to take forever.

Soz I'm such a div, cant believe I didnt think of this earlier, if by some miracle it doesnt take very long, Ill come and join you but its likely to take ages, given theres a million patches.

Damn was looking forward to playing this again to :fool::fool::fool:

Jenxy_

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just finished installing 2 hours and 21 minutes remaining for patches, so I wont be on tonight, boooo! :stupid:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just finished installing 2 hours and 21 minutes remaining for patches, so I wont be on tonight, boooo! :stupid:

Just as well I decided to play with my new dishwasher then innit!

Jenxy_

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hahahaha hope you had fun with it. Also as you're on your own, you do realise that you are going to run out of crockery and glasses before it's full. I know this myself from previous experience :D

Hope all that played enjoyed, will hopefully catch you all next time :D

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Turnout wasn't that high last night - there were 5 of us in all, 3 Seniors and 2 from OAP. We did some Arkfalls and one of the new Volge sieges. Unfortunately the sound bug still hasn't been fixed and there were both comms and sound issues for a few of us during the evening. We then went to try a Shadow War but only 4 of us ended up in that. I don't know if @mick couldn't join us because we went as a group into the Shadow War? If not then we'll have to sort out another way of doing things like this if there's more then 4 players. It's a shame you can't have groups of more then 4.

Due to the turnout and after discussion with some of the others who played last night, we will continue with Defiance but what we'll probably do is move to playing it fortnightly. Then on the other weeks we'll fit in some Uncharted and Killzone events.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Everyone disappeared and I couldn't be bothered to mess about anymore so I watched a film instead.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Everyone disappeared and I couldn't be bothered to mess about anymore so I watched a film instead.
Sounds like you're turning into me

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I thought of a few replies to that, none of which were suitable for public viewing :lol:
I knew you still loved me deep down x
;)

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There were freezing issues as well, I know myself, Dogstar and Letch were caught out with it in the space of a few minutes.