[Tue 28 May] Defiance - San Francisco shoot 'em up

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Come and join us in the San Francisco Bay Area for some shooting and Arkfall action!

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just a thought, can you join people in San Francisco if you havent yet opened it up?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I thought the whole area was San Francisco Bay?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It is....what he meant was can players who haven't made it across the Golden Gate Bridge yet (the only bit locked by the story line) jump to a player who is on the other island.

The answer is yes they can....they can then proceed to open up a fast travel point on that island that they can use before the story allows them across the bridge.

Not that there's much over the bridge until the story lets you across, just the random events and the difficulty of those are ramped up compared to the main area.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah sorry me being a bit vague

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just got the game. Will need to download 50 million patches no doubt. Will try and do this before 8:30pm tomorrow. I will have absolutely no idea what to so and the instruction manual has no instructions so somebody will need to hold my hand and tell me what to do.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just got the game. Will need to download 50 million patches no doubt. Will try and do this before 8:30pm tomorrow. I will have absolutely no idea what to so and the instruction manual has no instructions so somebody will need to hold my hand and tell me what to do.
L1 = aim, R1= shoot, Left stick = run around like a loon. That should do ya :2thumbsup:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
L1 = aim, R1= shoot, Left stick = run around like a loon. That should do ya :2thumbsup:
Sounds like what I normally do on FPS's.
I have downloaded everything just need to create a character and play the tutorial now then I should be good to go.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sounds like what I normally do on FPS's.
I have downloaded everything just need to create a character and play the tutorial now then I should be good to go.
@Plaxinator, if you're able to do this before 8.30pm tonight then that would be good. I'm happy to jump on with you prior to this, or at 8.30pm when you do get on, and walk with you through the first mission or two if that would help? Then we can jump over to the others for some Arkfall action.

Last edited:

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah it would help as you have a short intro thing to do first.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I should be able to do tutorial and a mission or two I hope. Said I'd cook Mr Plax some din dins tonight but that's well before 20:30. He's also well trained so will quite happily sit and watch me play while distracting me with small talk.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Be handy in the first couple of missions to unlock your quad bike, but not essential as you cn just join a friend across the map.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks for the company. Not entirely sure I understand all the hype about this game. Maybe it's because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I'll stick it out a bit longer before I abandon the fight.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks to all those who turned up tonight.

Although I don't mind a bit of Arkfall action I personally don't want to do just this all evening. There's so much more to the game than that, such as working on story missions with a group of folk, playing some shadow war and of course, co-op story missions. At the end of the evening a few of us followed @MaccyC around for some of his story, then when he left @mick, @Alien_Chick, daytime-shark (you should get him to sign up here, Alien_Chick) and I played a co-op mission which was great fun.

Anyway, that’s just what I think. What does everyone else think about Defiance evenings? What would you like to do on them?

Last edited:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks to all those who turned up tonight.

Although I don't mind a bit of Arkfall action I personally don't want to do just this all evening. There's so much more to the game than that, such as working on story missions with a group of folk, playing some shadow war and of course, co-op story missions. At the end of the evening a few of us followed @MaccyC around for some of his story, then when he left @mick, @Alien_Chick, daytime-shark (you should get him to sign up here, Alien_Chick) and I played a co-op mission which was great fun.

Anyway, that’s just what I think. What does everyone else think about Defiance evenings? What would you like to do on them?
Co-op missions would be good. If I'm honest I got somewhat bored last night hence my earlyish night. I think I probably need to play through some more story missions to appreciate the game more.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Co-op missions would be good. If I'm honest I got somewhat bored last night hence my earlyish night. I think I probably need to play through some more story missions to appreciate the game more.
From a none players point of view the Ark falls are utterly naff and are what put me off purchasing the title, forgetting the fact I'm not a big MMO fan.

It's only when I'm now seeing the missions, co-op and Shadow-war that the game looks any good.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Worst thing about arkfalls are the people who spam them and do nothing else. Trouble is its the easiest way to get the keycodes, you can get 5 from an arkfall. Keycodes=lockbox=legendary weapons (sometimes).
Im trying to work my way through all of the goals at the moment, and doing the contracts everyday.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm not really interested in doing Arkfalls.

The problem is that as new players trickle in I think we have to wait for them to unlock the co-op missions and stuff.

We'd need to test that out, but i'm far more interested in doing the PvP stuff and co-op missions when a group of us are on for an event.

Using casual meet ups for Arkfalls and story/side missions.

Not that i'm playing a great deal at the moment, but Arkfalls all night isn't particularly encouraging me either to be honest.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I would like to do more of the co-op, the PVP doesnt interest me at all though.

The game could do with some group missions, along the lines of the normal story ones but you will need a group to complete them before moving on to the next one.