• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

[Tue 25 Mar 20:30] Battlefield 4 - Naval Gazing

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Tuesday sees the release of the Naval Strike DLC for Premium members, so this even will give us the first opportunity to have a look around the new maps and to play on them.

Come and join us!

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Any guesses as to what time this dlc will be available? I'll be there at some point

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't think automatic updates will purchase and download DLC.

If you leave your system on you should be able to purchase and set the download away remotely using the mobile app or the store website.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't think automatic updates will purchase and download DLC.

If you leave your system on you should be able to purchase and set the download away remotely using the mobile app or the store website.
So on rather than in standby?
I think my internet connection should download it quick enough if I start it when I get home after work.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So on rather than in standby?
I think my internet connection should download it quick enough if I start it when I get home after work.
Standby works, that's what I meant by 'on' but it wont' autopurchase and download DLC, it only does updates automatically by itself I think.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I did it with Dead Nation, PS4 was In stand by and I used the mobile app to purchase and download it, When i switched the PS4 on it was downloaded, installed and updated.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It doesn't work when there is a system update though unfortunately...I've had that twice when trying to buy and download stuff remotely.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I might have a go at that then, just because. So it's that official Playstation app that you need?

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Plaxinator you can also use a web browser such as Chrome from your mobile to access the Sony store.

To activate PS4 to auto download there are three standby options in the menus you need to tick. Sorry can't remember which menu but one toggle is turn on PS4 from Internet

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I might have a go at that then, just because. So it's that official Playstation app that you need?
Well the app just links to the playstation store website anyway so you could just do that on your computer anyway.

You want https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

I've just 'purchased' the DLC, set it away downloading and it's now downloaded and installed...woot.

Last edited:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Meh, totally forgot what day it is today. I always have to switch everything off at the plug so I can't start the download off now. I'll have to try to remember to do it when I get home.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just started the dlc download using the playstation app for the 1st time! All quite painless and should be all installed for when I finish work

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just started the dlc download using the playstation app for the 1st time! All quite painless and should be all installed for when I finish work

Failed! Only the update was installed! No dlc, had to manually download

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've installed everything, but might be late joining. My step dad has got a new computer and can't get his wireless dongle to work and is apparently being a grumpy horrid barsteward about it and my mum is on the verge of a melt down. So I have to traipse all the way over there to sort it out so my mum will stop phoning me about it. Doing my head in they are.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sorry guys im not going to make it. Electric has only just come back on. Been off all day. Apparently the transformer exploded hence why the entire village is without power. We're all on emergency generators now, so my concern is the power goes down corrupting my ps4 hdd or they switch the generators off to switch over to the transformer. Either way I do not want to bugger my ps4 hdd.

Best excuse ever or what!!:bow:

Anyway, this is on my tablet, as im tooscared to boot up the pc:shock: