• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

[Tue 21 Oct 20:00] Destiny -VoG

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Usual signup for Destiny Vault run :D, aiming to continue each day of the week until completion or the reset.

Standard rules on plus 6 people signed up (or 2 groups if 12 people are interested).

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Man i wanna play but currently uploading a few TB of data to storage. Might jump on once im done.

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Are we going to be continuing with this tonight?I have my kids for the weekend, and I won't be on til 20.30. Got to get the little blighters into bed :)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I unlocked this yesterday, how long does it take? You say continue does that mean there is checkpoints.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I unlocked this yesterday, how long does it take? You say continue does that mean there is checkpoints.
You need to be at least level 26 for this....and even at level 26 you'll be putting pressure on the team as they'll need to carry you.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Why did it say I unlocked it if I need to be level 26? That's a little strange, so I'm gonna be a burden if I try this.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Why did it say I unlocked it if I need to be level 26? That's a little strange, so I'm gonna be a burden if I try this.
It unlocks everything way before you can really do it.

You'll probably have weekly nightfall strikes available already, or soon....that's a level 28 strike and while it's technically possible to do it below that level it's best to be level 28-30 for it otherwise you're not really contributing very much.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll be knocking about, logged on late last night and everyone seemed to be doing other things so I made @IamNumber6 endure my company.

I'll either be collecting spirit bloom, doing strikes or playing with my lowly level Warlock so if there are enough people shout.

I'll probably not join Sat though as I said I'd continue through the story with my other friend who hasn't long had the game.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
OK then, I'll just play some Hard strikes to try and obtain some legendary gear over the weekend.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
OK then, I'll just play some Hard strikes to try and obtain some legendary gear over the weekend.
Try doing a load of bounties as well. It will get your rep up and once you are Vanguard rank 2 you can start buying legendary armour. I personally find it nigh on impossible to get any legendary armour via strikes. I just get loads of blue stuff. Also don't forget you can increase the light level of existing blue gear by upgrading it.

I've only just got up to vanguard rank 3 so I can buy weapons (my primary weapons aren't that great). Now though I need to get enough Vanguard marks to get it!

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Plaxi is bang on there....buying legendary armour from the vendors is easily the best way of getting it so make sure you get your Vanguard rank up high enough to do that.

Once you have basic legendary armour you should start working on doing daily missions and weekly strikes at the higher difficulty levels to earn Ascendant materials for the latter upgrades of legendary items and you'll gain coins from the weekly strikes that can be used for buying exotics.

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm going to try to be there

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah I max out all my gear, so just doing strikes and bounties will upgrade my Vanguard rank and marks then I can buy legendary stuff. I like the thought of you guys carrying me to legendary stuff lol

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll be doing strikes again tonight @Jkrohn1 jump in with me again if you like.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Depending on your group it can be faster to gain rep by patrol missions compared with strikes, however you get guaranteed blue engrams (possibly purple ) from completing lvl 24 strikes

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll be doing strikes again tonight @Jkrohn1 jump in with me again if you like.
I have a couple of League matches among other things tonight but might jump no a little after 9pm so will see if your on then.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Been on playing on my Vita Via remote play managed the daily strike alone on level 26 too which is impressive considering I didn't know how to run lol. Close to level 25 so gonna grab the two cheap legendary armour parts from the Hunter Vanguard guy. Hope to join you lot for a VoG soon.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
300 Vanguard exp away from Lvl 2 so once i have done that ill be able to grab the Armour, shame I have already got my weekly 100 vanguard marks though :( I think 100 is such a low number although that is almost enough for the most expensive armour etc

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It'll net you at least one piece a week, I found once I bought my first piece I started finding other pieces, very much like buses....

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It'll net you at least one piece a week, I found once I bought my first piece I started finding other pieces, very much like buses....
Unless you live near me where the local bus company goes into administration overnight and you can't get a bus home after 16:45 anymore!