• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

[Tue 14 Oct 20:00] Destiny - Vault of Glass Raid

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Potentially a bit short notice given that it's tonight but thought I'd see if there are any takers.

Was thinking every evening from 20:00 onwards. Hopefully then we'll complete it before the end of the week. I can do earlier, but that might be a bit of a problem for some people (I confess to having no responsibility for anyone other than me!)

Usual blurb about first come first served if there are more than 6.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The only day/night I can't make so far this week is Thursday

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm up for this, but if you guys still have your progress saved from your previous attempt I'll sit it out.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm up for this, but if you guys still have your progress saved from your previous attempt I'll sit it out.
It resets every Tuesday so you should be fine joining, personally I can't see this being a problem anyway if people can't make it the invite should be open to any senior that offers assistance, I've got no problem with other seniors completing the raid if I can't make it all the way through due to other commitments.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As @IamNumber6 says it resets every Tuesday and it doesn't have to be the same people if others can't make it. If I have my wicked way though I'll be Fireteam leader so no one else can finish it without me *evil cackle*

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is where we got up to last time;

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I will make an appearance :)

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'd like to join in but off to the theatre tonight. I can definitely do tomorrow though. However, good luck tonight

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As @IamNumber6 says it resets every Tuesday and it doesn't have to be the same people if others can't make it. If I have my wicked way though I'll be Fireteam leader so no one else can finish it without me *evil cackle*
Except we can just start from the beginning again, more experience on the raid, chance of loot drops from mobs (but not the raid bosses) *hands @Plaxinator a cough drop* :D

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'd like to join in but off to the theatre tonight. I can definitely do tomorrow though. However, good luck tonight
Awwww, never mind. What you going to see?

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
In the intermission of Blood Brothers :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I know it's great. Anyhow how did you all get on with the raid?
Oh you know. We died a lot. Still got the Templar bit to try and get through.

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh you know. We died a lot. Still got the Templar bit to try and get through.
Well as I said I'm up for an attempt tonight although I would need pointers what with being a raid noob

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well as I said I'm up for an attempt tonight although I would need pointers what with being a raid noob
It is quite simple shoot flashy thing, die, respawn, shoot, die, die , er die some more, swear, shoot flashy thing, run out of ammo, die, rescue droopy, fail to rescue droopy, die, standard fare really, you will fit right in

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It is quite simple shoot flashy thing, die, respawn, shoot, die, die , er die some more, swear, shoot flashy thing, run out of ammo, die, rescue droopy, fail to rescue droopy, die, standard fare really, you will fit right in
You forgot to mention about dying a lot :D

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I would just like to say, for the record, that I didn't die as many times as I thought I would. However, now that I've said THAT, I'm screwed tonight.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Everyone go to the tower tonight and buy lots of ammo synthesis and bandages before we start :D