The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Tue 11 Sep 8.30pm - Uncharted 3 - Yippie-Kai-Yay!

Discussion in 'Events' started by Martok, 7 Sep 2012.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Another Tuesday, another evening on Uncharted 3 with Drake and the gang getting shot at. Oh crap!

2. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Think I'll just tease and leave you all in suspense until next week :evil: .

3. clarkyspeaks

clarkyspeaks Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    clarkyspeaks
    SHROUD's not going to be on tonight, RL calls!!!!

4. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Thanks Clarky. Yip my apologies, friend of mine is in hospital, so too good an oppurtunity to perv over the cute nurses, o and to see if he's OK as well.

5. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Ya dowty pig :lol:

6. clarkyspeaks

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    clarkyspeaks
    Hello All,

Just been checking the Naughty Dog websites, there are a lot and I mean a lot unhappy players that have put blood, sweat and tears into playing this game, so that we may unlock bountiful treasures and rewards, with the decision ND made to allow people to be able to purchase all the Unlocks, rather than be a decent gamer and do it the hard way.

Below is just one quote from an enraged ND player:

So you can see, were not the only ones who felt bitterly frustrated last night, nice to know were not alone though!

7. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    That one looks to me like a long term player with all the perks that likes to dominate is now being handed his arse due to the balance caused by lesser players buying the perks. What it boils down to though is it's not the "DLC" that's the issue but the inclusion of a game unbalancing system in the first place.

8. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    If the only reason you are putting the hours into a game is to unlock stuff, you might question whether that is a good use of your time. The whole point of playing a game is to enjoy the challenge and the thrill of the whole thing otherwise what is the point.

Uncharted is now unfun to play a lot of the time, I dont know if it is really the dlc, the fanatical players who have spent far too long honing their skills, inherent imbalances in the way the game is designed or general lag, but blimey it has sucked the fun out of the muliplayer game. Co-op is still fun though.

9. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Custom game mode is too as non of us have any perks lol if only there was a no unlock guns and no perk setting :-\

10. clarkyspeaks

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    clarkyspeaks
    I play it for the fun of it, but I am annoyed at this, I cant even have a fun game on a fun game, because of silly little rank whores!

I agree the crap balancing system needs looking at to, come on ND stop worrying about dlc, sort out the balancing otherwise you can kiss my purchase of the next game in the naughty dog series goodbye!!

11. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Can't knock the campaign side, spot on. So UC4 will be incoming (assuming I'm not travelling so I can play it :lol: ). The Last of Us is definately on my radar.

12. clarkyspeaks

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    clarkyspeaks
    UC4 probably not, but I will not buy the last of us either, they will end up doing the same to that as well!!!

13. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    The game has been frustrating me for sometime now. I simply don't find it fun now unless we're in a closed room or playing some co-op. Closed rooms haven't always been happening due to dwindling numbers.

I think I'll be taking a break and playing something else on Tuesdays instead. With Borderlands 2 out in just over a week, it could well be that instead.

14. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    I know there wasn't a match posted up for last night, but it was the first time I'd played since the 1.15 update. Even though I played very poorly (even by my standards) it has considerably improved, quite enjoyed myself on it :D .

The evening became even more entertaining when someone turned up with the PSN ID Seemen Connoisseur, the jokes were thick and fast:

O no I've just shot seemen
    Seemen has blown all over the place etc etc etc

Glad we're the mature peeps online :lol:

15. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    I must admit that the games last night were very good, even balanced teams a lot of the time. Why oh why has it taken them so long to implement it. Anyway if there is anyone that still feels some love towards uncharted and is willing to give it another go the new patch seems to have had a very positive effect.

16. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    How's the balance when it comes to mixed parties? Did you end up in a room with high rankers or does it take into account the lowest ranking player in the party? Is it any easier to kill people or does it still take an insane amount of bullets?

On the one hand I'm tempted to try this again, especially as I bought the Fortune Hunters pack. However, there are a lot of games at the moment that I want to play - KZ3, BF3, Borderlands 2, NFS Most Wanted, GT5 (all of which have/will have regular weekly events) and that doesn't include the PS Plus games each month and the shelf of shame.

Would folk consider alternating between KZ3 and UC3 on say a Wednesday? Both of these games have 'lost some love' in recent weeks and that might work if others felt this was a good compromise.

17. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    I cant recall exactly what ranks there were but, amongst the oaps and snrs there was a fair difference in ranks between us, the effect though was that games were a lot closer in their results than what I recall seeing before the patch and I dont recall seeing so many ultimate badass legacy players in games last night. Shooting was still the same but because we were playing people of a similar level I was getting kills and games never felt like they were a foregone conclusion like they often used to, to me it never flet like some players were off limits, so good that they were untouchable.

I wouldnt mind alternating KZ and uncharted. Both are excellent games and worthy of attention.

18. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    The balancing worked well, we had a mixed group (Gnesha for example has been around 4 times and has a star), but that was because we were squaded (not sure thats a word, but it is now).

Alternating affects me, as missing one night because of Bristol means missing the whole weeks gaming online with peeps I know and sort of trust ;) . But if the majority leans that way I'll just entertain myself in some other legal fashion.

19. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    I really enjoyed Uncharted last night and will continue to play it. At least Naughty Dog are continuing to support this with updates which is more than can be said for Killzone 3. My days of KZ3 are done and I'll be (reluctantly) trading in shortly.

20. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Trading KZ3 in :o

Splitter :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice