[Tue 11 Jun] Defiance - Contracts and co-op

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As the title suggests, this week we'll again try to organise ourselves around completing some more contracts and co-op missions. We could also have a go at a Siege or two.

See you there!

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
:yahoo: Still finding new things in this game, and enjoying that fact. Although the menu systems are not that forgiving on the unwary. Only just found out about contracts, and played my first co-op on Tuesday (which I loved). What more discoveries await me

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There's still loads to the game, I know of a load of missions and goals that have been turned off. At some point they will be turning those back on again but at the moment are trying to stay in sync with the TV series.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What happened to everyone? Also has anyone had this glitch where one of your group disappears? Like you can just see a coloured dot where they are supposed to be but not them?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What happened to everyone? Also has anyone had this glitch where one of your group disappears? Like you can just see a coloured dot where they are supposed to be but not them?
I was on, though not until 9pm. Mick, Shroud, MaccyC, Letch and later DreweP were also on. Where were you?

The situation you're talking about isn't technically a glitch. It's where two or more people are in the same place but not in the same 'instance'. Think of it a bit like you being in the same place but in parallel universes. Occasionally it does happen when you're with someone. You should get a message about it if you're in a group with that person when it happens so you can select to join their 'instance'. It doesn't always come up or can be missed, leaving you together and yet apart for a bit.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You can "join phase" from the menu.

If the phases have split and your in a group the group members names will be greyed out.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh yeah Martok did you get to finish that co-op map? My PS3 froze just as the Matron was almost dead, I'd not done that map before either so missed getting the trophy for it.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yes, finished that map, just, as I was incapacitated. Shame about your PS3 freeze, we'll have to play that again with you next time.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well saw Mick was on and you did pop up and leave a couple of times. The others are not on my friends list which will explain things. I had a good catch up with Jenxy and we are at the same place in the story mode now so all's good. Weird "glitch" though as we were in the same mission.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Good fun last night, although I was having problems with my headset. That last co-op map was funny though, with Martok and I repeatedly getting killed while reviving the other! :D

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well saw Mick was on and you did pop up and leave a couple of times. The others are not on my friends list which will explain things. I had a good catch up with Jenxy and we are at the same place in the story mode now so all's good. Weird "glitch" though as we were in the same mission.
I could hear both you and Jenxy but you couldn't hear me, I had to leave and mess with the PS3 sound settings.

That will happen with some missions because they have to be done alone.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I could hear Martok in our co-op match cursing :D. Enjoying the co-op. Plax feel free to throw me a friends invite if you wish. I'm reasonably friendly and only bite if hungry :waving::lol:

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I could hear Martok in our co-op match cursing :D. Enjoying the co-op. Plax feel free to throw me a friends invite if you wish. I'm reasonably friendly and only bite if hungry :waving::lol:
I think it was Martok's turn to be bullet magnet last night.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's nice to take turns ;)